Kasikorn Charges- Is This Something New

I have just noticed (for the first time) that when using my Kasikorn card to withdraw money outside of Pattaya (in Kasikorn branch ATMs) I am being charged. For Phuket it was 10 baht per transaction, is this new as I have never noticed it before when updating my savings deposit book.

I have also noticed that when using my Nationwide card in Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn I am being charged 20 baht per transaction. Nationwide present no charges so when changing up 20000 baht my statement shows the exchange rate based on 20020 baht. This is new, anybody know if this is normal and how long has this been occuring. Maybe it is something I need to get used to but it has never been mentioned to me by the bank or in writing. Any thoughts!

I have just noticed (for the first time) that when using my Kasikorn card to withdraw money outside of Pattaya (in Kasikorn branch ATMs) I am being charged. For Phuket it was 10 baht per transaction, is this new as I have never noticed it before when updating my savings deposit book.

I have also noticed that when using my Nationwide card in Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn I am being charged 20 baht per transaction. Nationwide present no charges so when changing up 20000 baht my statement shows the exchange rate based on 20020 baht. This is new, anybody know if this is normal and how long has this been occuring. Maybe it is something I need to get used to but it has never been mentioned to me by the bank or in writing. Any thoughts!

This has been going on for sometime, believe SCB started the trend and all other banks appear to have followed suit...

this is a terrible development and i think that the U.N. Security Council should be informed and sanctions applied :o

this is a terrible development and i think that the U.N. Security Council should be informed and sanctions applied :o

And just when did they do anything useful.

Bangkok Bank has been charging 20 Baht for years when you use another BBL ATM in another town, like Si Racha.

Now free anywhere in my town, but in the old days, the charge was even made when using another BBL branch in the same town!!

Usually 20 Baht and sometimes 25 Baht if with another bank's ATM even in this town.

• 2 weeks later...
I have also noticed that when using my Nationwide card in Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn I am being charged 20 baht per transaction. Nationwide present no charges so when changing up 20000 baht my statement shows the exchange rate based on 20020 baht. This is new, anybody know if this is normal and how long has this been occuring.

I just got back from a 3 week trip to Laos and caught this thread.

I was wondering if the 20 baht fee printed on your receipt?

Whilst Thailand is very good at ATM banking services, such as having the ability to send money to anyone, anywhere just with an account number, the overall banking system is still regionalised.

I did a business transaction for 7 figures and they had to actually move the money from one Siam bank in the provinces to a Siam bank in Pattaya. Same bank but "not same same" was the daft answer. Like the UK 20+ years ago !

Because I am often in different parts of Thailand, I have various banks with locally based accounts so I don't get hit with the charges. Bt20 or Bt30 is next to nothing when you take out Bt20,000 or so but when the missus takes out Bt1000 or Bt2000 it is a more significant percentage.

Daft but that is the way it is.