Renewing Retirement Visa At Pattaya Immigration

Mobi

I am asking this in the Visa and Pattaya forums, because as we have come understand, every immigration office is a law unto itself.

Last year when I renewed my retirement visa, I ensured that the balance was in excess of 800k for 90 days before applying for the extension.

However, I have heard from several sources that it is not necessary to keep the cash above 800k when RENEWING the extension, and just have to have that amount in your account when making the application.

Can anyone confirm that this is in fact the case?

If there is any doubt about this, I will top my account up in good time, but would rather keep most of it offshore until needed, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for any info.

I am asking this in the Visa and Pattaya forums, because as we have come understand, every immigration office is a law unto itself.

Last year when I renewed my retirement visa, I ensured that the balance was in excess of 800k for 90 days before applying for the extension.

However, I have heard from several sources that it is not necessary to keep the cash above 800k when RENEWING the extension, and just have to have that amount in your account when making the application.

If there is any doubt about this, I will top my account up in good time, but would rather keep most of it offshore until needed, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for any info.

hi Mobi

a friend of mine did his renewal on Friday, its a fifth time for him

he had changed banks recently and only had the 800K deposit in the new bank for a little over a week

he managed to keep his old cancelled passbook from the previous bank to show them if neccesary

he took both passbooks with him but thought i will just give them the new book and confirmation letter from new bank and see what happens

there was no comment from the staff and the renewal was processed as usual

he did not ask anything, they did not say anything

draw your own conclusions from that

i hope that helps

Thanks for any info.

i renewed for the 3rd time about 2 weeks ago in Jomtiem - i had over 800k in the bank but i did not have it there for 3 months - i was closer to two months - this was not questioned and i was given the extension for another year

I don't think Jomtien cares that much of how long it has been in the account. Did mine in July put in 80,000 baht along with my statement of earnings. The money was put in the same day. I always here they want you to keep it in for three days but I give em 1 day & use funds after getting my 1 year approved. Jomtien office as well.