Thailand Seizes 60 Tonnes Of Milk Powder From China

george

I am absolutely astonished that more isn't being done about this situation. I wonder how long this has been going on before it came to anyone's attention. The Chinese are a SICK country, with a SICK population and if they want to poison themselves, then so be it. I just don't know why they have to export their poison and stupidity.

i just want to know why some sick countries and sick companies are importing chinese poison and stupidity. do you have an answer for that?

Because either it is cheaper than home produce or there has been a trade deal for Chinese dairy products in exchange for some other Thai product. Banning Chinese products would upset this cosy equilibrium!

Poison in Cadbury chocolate is really going to far, is nothing sacred. :D

Its beyond the pale, mate. :D

Having worked with some Chinese companies though, its not unusual for them to try to get an advantage whatever the stakes. Safety or health comes a distant second behind profit margins.

They also seem unable to produce safe goods in any sort of consistency. I think they have assembly lines in some of the factories over there that actually add child's-throat-sized bits to toys, that are dipped in toxic waste for added measure before boxing and shipping. :o

Ironic to the Nth degree that such an adamantly communist country,

has embraced the absolute WORST aspects of capitalism, and so few of the best,

in it's headlong rush to control the planet to feed it's agitated hordes.

But that Chalerm is adamant at not offending the giant in spite of all evidence

that it is damaging Thai children and adults lives is pathetic.

What an incompetent fool.

Edited by animatic

Now Australia is concerned about contaminated Chinese vegetables. There's bound to be some of these products, especially canned mushrooms, imported into Thailand

China milk scare spreads to vegies

THERE are fears Chinese vegetables sold in Australia could be contaminated with melamine, the chemical which has poisoned more than 50,000 babies in China.

Australian food authorities are investigating reports of melamine contamination of vegetables and will complete a safety assessment.

Chinese products imported into Australia include fresh garlic and peas, frozen mixed vegetables, canned mushrooms and tomato paste.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...5003402,00.html

• 11 months later...
Chalerm and Chavalit in the saddle again.

protecting Thailand to the best of their abilities.

what is exactly your point here and what has Chavalit to do with it? would you care to elaborate?

that they didn't start a hate-china-campaign, is that your problem and the "logic" behind your rant?

and why bumping that old thread right now? trolling?