What's Your Fhs Percentage?

Neeranam

What's the FHs percentage in your family  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simply, put you father-in-law's salary over your(husband) salary and multiply by 100.

If he is dead, what was his salary?

Myself, it is variable but right now about 55%.

I think it will be interesting to see if money is an issue for Thais marrying foreigners :o

Simply, put you father-in-law's salary over your(husband) salary and multiply by 100.

My fil was a farmer - he died when my wife was 7-y-o. I don't have a salary as no-one employs me, 0 x 100 = 0. Don't see what this proves.

If most of the people that I know including myself plugged our salaries or earnings into your formula and compared it with over 95% of the people on the planet, I am confident that the percentage would turn out to be a great deal lower than 50%. Sorry but I see no relevance whatsoever with what anyone would prove by comparing their earnings to their Thai father-in-law unless they are on some type of ego trip. :o

I fail to see the relevance of this as it doesn't even relate to the inflation in salaries let alone employment. Unless your FIL was a rice farmer and your are one too it proves nothing but the fact that the earnings for rice farmers have probably increased since he was working. Once you start crossing employment boundaries it becomes meaningless except to prove an English teacher is worse off compared to a rice farmer (jokin' :D ) or a merchant banker is considerably better off. Then it goes completely askew when you start including offshore and MNC workers into the equation.

Or is it a covert attempt at demonstrating that you married into a hi-so family? :o

pnustedt, whatever your FIL's salary was the result is the same. The product of any number divided by zero is infinity and so the answer for you is 100 times infinity :D . Thus money is not an issue in your relationship, something I'm sure you knew without the maths lesson :D .

Myself, it is variable but right now about 55%.

I think it will be interesting to see if money is an issue for Thais marrying foreigners :o

I'm sure a psychiatrist would be able to explain why you need to "compare sizes" with your father-in-law.

I never had the privilege of meeting mine as he died before I ever came to Thailand but, judging by the way my wife talks about him, I hope I could be regarded as his 'equal'.

Reason for edit: spreling

Edited by chickenslegs

My Father in Law is a Master Architect with a small but stable firm dealing with Japanese clients. I own a Govt procurement and general trading co, I usually bring in more but not always. We both live very well.

That aside he's a hel_l of a guy and I never looked at it that way. I was just happy that he was stable and could provide for his family so I didn't have to bear that responsibility for my self. In actuality, I'm humbled to admit that he actually helped me financially in several non direct ways when I was starting up my business a couple years back when I was just engaged to his daughter. He's a damm good man, not like any of the father in laws I heard about since I have been in Thailand, and I'm honored to call him Dad.

I think it will be interesting to see if money is an issue for Thais marrying foreigners
I understand what you are trying to illustrate however I would suggest that the people that move to Thailand generally have higher than average disposable incomes compared to the average farang from farangland, and compared to Thailand the average income per worker will be higher anyway - so you are not even close to starting from a level playing field.