Currently Working In A Hospital?

midasthailand

Hi all, I have a dilemma,Dr Mary Casey,CEO of Nursing Group Pty Ltd, in Australia is visiting Bangkok on 6th October and has expressed an interest in visiting a hospital that has a nursing training program or visiting a nursing training school. I had arranged for her to visit Hua Chiaw university in Bang Na, but they canceled today due to exams and lack of senior personnel to meet and greet. Our motivation is to recruit nurses to work in Australia to help alleviate the chronic shortage we are currently experiencing. It would, by necessity, be a brief visit and not disruptive at all. Any suggestions?

Just my opinion...

Regardless of what field you are talking about, I don't think anyone

is going to willingly open their doors to have a rival show up and

solicit employees to staff positions within another company.

Just my opinion...

Regardless of what field you are talking about, I don't think anyone

is going to willingly open their doors to have a rival show up and

solicit employees to staff positions within another company.

I think this is a very good opportunity for trainees in the medical proffesion to gain further experience and knowlege in their chosen field of expertise . Any university of merit should take advantage of this offer , Thailand needs advancement in the treatment and welfare of the populace in general . Perhaps these students could return as future instructors or facilitators , to broaden the knowledge that is lacking at this present time in an exophibic society .

There is a close to zero chance that anyone trained as a nurse in Thailand would not be able to pass the nursing board exams in Australia, Usa or Uk.

P

As it happens, we will provide a certificate three in Aged care nursing along with English language training. We have a Nursing agency in Australia (Nursing group) willing to sponsor suitably qualified nurses and guarantee employment at Australian award salary as well as in country support 24/7. The fact is, Thai nurses receive on average 15,000 Baht/month, in Australia, a nurse with the same qualifications will earn approx 150,000 Baht/month!

There is a close to zero chance that anyone trained as a nurse in Thailand would not be able to pass the nursing board exams in Australia, Usa or Uk.

P

Oh how wrong you are! There is a company (Pro Nursing) that has sent over two hundred nurses to the USA. These nurses have had to pass IELTS at Band 6 to qualify, I met today with the director of nursing at a hospital close to my apartment, and she indicated that she had many nurses that wanted to work in the USA, the only thing stopping them was English competency.... My solution, go and work in Australia for 2-3 years to improve their English.

I have worked in over 50 hospitals in the US as a consultant and met hundreds of nurses from the Phils but I met exactly 1 nurse from Thailand. She did her training in the US however. Nursing education in the Philippines is done in English. Thai nurses are at a great disadvantage because of the language barrier. Again I have yet to meet or hear about a nurse from Thailand qualifying for a license in the US. In addition to the language proficiency test these nurse must pass NCLEX and CGFNS review. Have you any information about any Thai educated nurses who have passed all three qualifications and are allowed to work as RN's in the US?

I know some, but you are right, language is a much bigger barrier than for nurses from the Philippines and some other places.

It may also create a barrier for the visitor in communicating with the administration of many nursing schools, and in addition, government colleges may not look favorably on the idea of new grads going off to another country since their priority is to fill nursing positions in Thailand's government hospitals.

For these reasons I suggest she contact Mission College, which is a private Adventists college with a large nursing program. Although the program is taught in Thai the instructiors and certainly college administrators will lbe more likley to speak English well and perhaps more receptive to the idea of recruitment for Australia.

I would find it suprising if Hospitals in Australia were looking to recruit newly trained grads. From my experience of working in Healthcare recruitment, the clients that I dealt with were pretty insistent that they wanted experienced nurses, and to be fair to them I think that is a very important part of the recruitment process. Certainly the adverts that in the Nursing Standard and Nursing Times (UK) advertising for Nurses to work in Australia clearly state at least 12 months of Post Reg experience.

What positions are you actually offering? An agency post? A registered Nurse post? Or HCA posts for Reg nurses? Is the Thai Qualification transferable in relation to the Australian regiustration? As a UK trained Nurse it is easy for me to Register in Australia and the US, but for certain nationalities it is difficult to Register without extra training. What exactly is the certificate three in Aged care nursing? Is this an accredited course, or a company provided one?

I have never come across any Thai nurses in the UK, not to say that there aren't any, but Nurses recruited into the UK are mainly from Philippines, India and a couple of African countries. There have also been an influx of Nurses from the EU countries, although language barrier can be a problem. That is why the IELTS scores have been increased to 6.5 for Nurses in the UK.

I think you may find that direct recruitment from Thailand into Australia may be more problematic than you imagine, and I can certainly vouch for those that have said hospitals wont be keen to meet you. International Nurse recruiters are as welcome in a hospital as an outbreak of Norwalk.

I would find it suprising if Hospitals in Australia were looking to recruit newly trained grads. From my experience of working in Healthcare recruitment, the clients that I dealt with were pretty insistent that they wanted experienced nurses, and to be fair to them I think that is a very important part of the recruitment process. Certainly the adverts that in the Nursing Standard and Nursing Times (UK) advertising for Nurses to work in Australia clearly state at least 12 months of Post Reg experience.

What positions are you actually offering? An agency post? A registered Nurse post? Or HCA posts for Reg nurses? Is the Thai Qualification transferable in relation to the Australian regiustration? As a UK trained Nurse it is easy for me to Register in Australia and the US, but for certain nationalities it is difficult to Register without extra training. What exactly is the certificate three in Aged care nursing? Is this an accredited course, or a company provided one?

I have never come across any Thai nurses in the UK, not to say that there aren't any, but Nurses recruited into the UK are mainly from Philippines, India and a couple of African countries. There have also been an influx of Nurses from the EU countries, although language barrier can be a problem. That is why the IELTS scores have been increased to 6.5 for Nurses in the UK.

I think you may find that direct recruitment from Thailand into Australia may be more problematic than you imagine, and I can certainly vouch for those that have said hospitals wont be keen to meet you. International Nurse recruiters are as welcome in a hospital as an outbreak of Norwalk.

I am an Audiologist from the states, not a nurse. But I can tell you there is not a single Audiologist in Thailand with the English skills to work in the US. I imagine if there are nurses in Thailand with the English skills to work abroad they certainly are not earning 15K Baht a month.

Dakhar, check out mrs. Mukda, wife of Samitivej Sriracha's hospital director. I guess her English skills can compete with yours, they certainly top mine.

Your comment about the better nurses not earning 15K/m = correct, basic about 20K in the better hospitals. With some OT they will go to 30-35K.

MMR: absolutely correct, which hospital director would like to see his best staff being bought away? Nursing schools might not mind but the OP said "A Hospital" right?