Visa To Suit Going To Thailand Every 6 Weeks For A Week

Hi, I have a Thai wife and a couple of kids and they have recently moved to Thailand while I work in Australia doing a 3 week on 1 week off roster, but I go visit them every 2nd r&r or sometimes 2 breaks in a row. I used to live there for 3 years on a non-imm o visa, but because of my situation now and the visa laws have changed over the last few years, I'm wondering if I can just arrive there on a visa on arrival (30 day visa) every 3 or 6 weeks?

I have been once for a week in August and will go again for a week in October. Can I do this over and over or should I be looking at a marriage visa again?

Thanks!

Hi, I have a Thai wife and a couple of kids and they have recently moved to Thailand while I work in Australia doing a 3 week on 1 week off roster, but I go visit them every 2nd r&r or sometimes 2 breaks in a row. I used to live there for 3 years on a non-imm o visa, but because of my situation now and the visa laws have changed over the last few years, I'm wondering if I can just arrive there on a visa on arrival (30 day visa) every 3 or 6 weeks?

I have been once for a week in August and will go again for a week in October. Can I do this over and over or should I be looking at a marriage visa again?

Thanks!

You would get away with doing the 30 day visa waiver and can keep doing this with your R&R, know quite a few guys who work 28/28 and live in Thailand in and out on a 30 day

But although I'm getting the 30 day visa and Im only using a week of it, does immigration just see that Iv'e had three 30 day visas which is 90 days or only go on actual time spent in Thailand?

Actual time spent in Thailand, no of days in country is 90 days in 180 day, irrespective of the no of 30 day stamps you have in your passport, so provided you dont exceed the number days permissible your fine.

But although I'm getting the 30 day visa and Im only using a week of it, does immigration just see that Iv'e had three 30 day visas which is 90 days or only go on actual time spent in Thailand?
No, you can have as many entries in the six month period as you like, your only limit on Tourist Visa Exempt Entry is 90 days total stay in a six month period from the first entry. Edited by digitalchromakey