Question Re Non Immigrant B Visa

Hi there,

A few weeks ago I had interviews and was offered a teaching role in a school in bangkok. They provided me with the necessary documentaion to take to a consulate outside of Thailand; to obtain the Non Immigrant B visa. Im now in Laos about to apply for the visa.

Once I get this and return to Bangkok, does it mean that I have to work for the same school ( i.e. am I legally tied into this school?). If a different school offers me a job with higher money can they assist me to obtain the work permit and teachers licence despite the fact that the other school assisted with the Non Immigrant B visa? Or doesnt this matter at all?

thanks for your advice

Within the first 3 monts of your stay you would have no problem and just can just choose any employer you want and also change employer and WP. It doesn't need to be the emloyer who supported your application for the visa.

When you are on extensions of stay, asked for in Thailand itself, the situation becomes different. On an extension of stay the moment you are out of a job you would have to leave the country, but can ask for a stay of 7 days at the cost of 1,900 baht and have that time to look for a new employer and arrange a WP. On an extension of stay it is always better to have a new job before quiting the old.

thanks for the advice. Just to confirm, it sounds as if Im not legally obligated to work for the initial school that assisted me getting the Non Imm B visa. If a better offer comes about at another school I can accept their offer and they can help me get the Work permit and teachers licence.