Leather Pants Part Ii: Where Is There A Fabric Store Which Sells Bolts Of Leather?

submaniac

I found someone who is able to work with leather and make a set of pants (umm..."trousers" to you British). But she needs the material, and I need to know where in BKK I can find a place that sells fabrics and leathers. Thanks!

Best places are around the area of Bang Poo where all the tanneries are. You can find the best choices of different grades animals etc there.

You will need to go outbound on Srinakarindra as far as it goes to the old sukhumvit road turn left and ask the first motorcycle taxi group you come to.

By the way the stench is terrific don't go if you have a weak constitution.

Tony's Leather on Surawong makes leather pants to order. I tried some many years ago and gave up because of the heat. You're better off using chaps or even kevlar jeans from Paddock

Safe miles, big smiles

AjarnP

I found someone who is able to work with leather and make a set of pants (umm..."trousers" to you British). But she needs the material, and I need to know where in BKK I can find a place that sells fabrics and leathers. Thanks!

Best places are around the area of Bang Poo where all the tanneries are. You can find the best choices of different grades animals etc there.

You will need to go outbound on Srinakarindra as far as it goes to the old sukhumvit road turn left and ask the first motorcycle taxi group you come to.

Tony's Leather on Surawong makes leather pants to order. I tried some many years ago and gave up because of the heat. You're better off using chaps or even kevlar jeans from Paddock

Safe miles, big smiles

AjarnP

Perfect! Thank you! Exactly what I needed. These won't be for use in Thailand, but in the colder climates of California and Nevada. I already have a pair of leather chaps (which I will be using more often anyways), but just wanted some full leather pants.

There is a leather shop making all kinds of to order clothing as soon as you enter Soi 1 from Sukhumvit Road. They would probably be able to do the whole thing with much less hassle but no idea about the price. The shop is on the left as you enter the soi and is the first shop from memory barely 5-10 yards inside the soi.

Hi! There is a bunch of small Leather merchants off Suapa Road; Pomprab (seems like ChinaTown to me),go up Chaokhamrop and you will find them. Check that your freind has suitable Machinery for leather before buying any.Better yet; send me your favorite pair of jeans,I will replicate them ;and bring them Bkk November 25! ( its what I do) Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Safe miles, big smiles

AjarnP

Hi AjarnP,

Been lurking the forum till I've a question I hope you can answer. I ve got some snakes that venture into my yard and I got them in custody at the moment. :o Since nice skins they ve got, I want to skin them and turn their skins into leather.

Any idea where I can get meself some tanning chemicals around BKK?

Regards,

Smith