Thai Satellite Tv In Australia

patongster

Hello, I want to know if anyone in Australia has a sattelite dish and is able to recieve any thai channels. From the research I have done, Thaicom 5 at 78.5°E (lyngsat) is available but Im not sure if you can pick any thai channels up in Australia.

Hello, I want to know if anyone in Australia has a sattelite dish and is able to recieve any thai channels. From the research I have done, Thaicom 5 at 78.5°E (lyngsat) is available but Im not sure if you can pick any thai channels up in Australia.

email Toxin in London and him how he is getting Thai TV in the UK... :o

As long as you have the gear (dish, receiver etc...) you can align you dish to access the Thai TGN free channels. Topfield satellite receivers are good.

You can align to Optus D2 satellite.

Satellite : = OPTUS D2 at 152 E (same position)

Downlink Frequency (for tuning channel)= 12706.5 MHz

Downlink Frequency System : = 12733.5 MHz

Polarization : = Vertical (same)

Symbol Rate : = 22.500 Ksps

Forward Error Correction : (FEC) = 3/4

More info at :

http://www.thaitvglobal.com

You can alternatively access several thai channels over the internet. Google it.

As long as you have the gear (dish, receiver etc...) you can align you dish to access the Thai TGN free channels. Topfield satellite receivers are good.

More info at :

You can alternatively access several thai channels over the internet. Google it.

Does Thai TGN free channels have those thai soap operas?

More info at :

Does Thai TGN free channels have those thai soap operas?

did i not post a link in my previous reply.....try clicking on "schedule".

Yeah you did, i tried reading it but i don't recognise the names of tv shows. Thanks for your help, appreciated.

TGN is a single TV channel - Thai TV Global Network.

http://www.thaitvglobal.com/index_eng.php

It includes programmes repeated from several of the regular Thai terrestrial channels, and is available on a number of satellites worldwide. In the UK, Mr Thaksin - and many Thai wives - watch it on the Hotbird satellite at 13E. I have a friend who has a nice little sideline doing installations. In Thailand you can see TGN in Ku band on Thaicom at 78.5E. See the following link for a number of satellite options (you have to search for the channel).

http://www.lyngsat.com/

I suppose the interesting question for Australia concerns whether (in addition to TGN) any of the regular channels like TV5 can be picked up with a big dish on C band. I think I have seen claims that TV5 can be. There may be something in this forum:

http://www.vetrun.com/forums/index.php

Edited by citizen33

check out the SLING BOX if you have a friend in thailand with internet they can set

the SLINGBOX up on there computer and send you the software and ID number

and you can watch all the thai chanells on your computer/tv in oz

Yeah you did, i tried reading it but i don't recognise the names of tv shows. Thanks for your help, appreciated.

There is one thai drama only (thankfully) on weekdays but it does repeat morning and night. I am not into thai TV but as long as she who thinks she rules is watching comedies, latest music clips, stage music shows, informative Thailand items I tend to watch with her and find those items quite enjoyable.

Thai TV is appalling, last night I glanced at the TV, at 6pm. (kiddy viewing time ?), the scene was a morgue, realistic, ghoulish dead bodies were shown, and a woman being wheeled in started vomiting large amoints of blood.

The "entertainment" I saw on a minibus from Ayutthaya at 3pm. was a succession of limbs being sawn off with a chainsaw, and flying around the screen. Quite a few children on the bus.

I know it's Asia but am I too sensitive?

Edited by desertrat