I Need A Cheap Bb Gun

Richb2004v2

Where would be the best place to buy a cheap BB gun in Pattaya? I know that they are available on the beach front but I suspect the prices will be high there. I only need a simple one as it is only to be used to shoot the pigeons are my house. I don't want to kill the pigeons just frighten them away. How much should I be playing for one and are the ones on beach road any good?

Thanks.

Don't get caught with one if you do not have a licence for it. This is not he USA :D

BB guns are guns and require the correct paperwork to get one legally. The hassle of geting the licence make it not worth while, especcilally for a falang. :o

Look around the forum for a different method of getting rid of the birds. there have been a number of threads on the subject. :D

Go to the market, get a catapult for 20 Baht, use 'shot' of a few small stones (fruit pips?) - beware of where the stones land after hitting the birds. Consider aiming for your roofing tiles just below where they are sitting, makes a noise and stops the stones hitting some kids playing in the next soi.

• Like 1

same as someone said about licenses for bb guns, I always thought catapults are classed as weapons over here and if they want to the bib can make problems for you???

super soaker sounds a good idea and you'll have it for april next year also :o

same as someone said about licenses for bb guns, I always thought catapults are classed as weapons over here and if they want to the bib can make problems for you???

super soaker sounds a good idea and you'll have it for april next year also :o

Any chance of a pea shooter or is that licenced as well

:D

• Haha 1

Slingshot. As a kid I was pretty good with one.

Today they are known as 'wrist rocket" & are very powerful.

You would need a bb rifle to kill the bastards. Good luck finding that. I have seen lots of crossbows for sale in Bangkok. PM me if you need one.

Slingshot. As a kid I was pretty good with one.

Today they are known as 'wrist rocket" & are very powerful.

You would need a bb rifle to kill the bastards. Good luck finding that. I have seen lots of crossbows for sale in Bangkok. PM me if you need one.

Seen a BB rifle with scope sold at Central Lat Phrao :o

Don't get caught with one if you do not have a licence for it. This is not he USA :D

BB guns are guns and require the correct paperwork to get one legally. The hassle of geting the licence make it not worth while, especcilally for a falang. :o

Look around the forum for a different method of getting rid of the birds. there have been a number of threads on the subject. :D

my son has a machine one that looks and feels like an ak47 which he uses at one of these war game places ,both of us have blasted away in our garden with it ,the policeman next door never said a thing about a licence ,also all his friends have them and carry them around not one has a licence .

unfortunatly for you to get one to shoot birds they cost over 6k.

I've seen people on scooters going around carrying the AK47 BB gun and others many times. The fact that they are sold all over Thailand from stalls makes me think that there aren't too many people that bother with the license. As you say , this isn't the USA: rules don't tend to be followed here. Thanks for the advice anyway.

The water cannon is a good idea though, and probably safer. I actually have a low powered one that I will try tomorrow.

I actually started a 'pigeon problem' topic recently. Today I followed the advice of one guy to use WD40, but I want the BB to make it more fun. :D

Where would be the best place to buy a cheap BB gun in Pattaya? I know that they are available on the beach front but I suspect the prices will be high there. I only need a simple one as it is only to be used to shoot the pigeons are my house. I don't want to kill the pigeons just frighten them away. How much should I be playing for one and are the ones on beach road any good?

Thanks.

I constructed three scarecrows from bamboo poles and used old rags for stuffing their bodies. I finished them off with a Saddam rubber mask I bought on Beach Road. These scarecrows really scare away birds.

Also I sometimes use a 'pea shooter' constructed from an old Bic Biro. Simply remove the ink tube and plastic stopper and use pellets of soggy toilet paper rolled and moulded into torpedo shapes. Blow hard at your target and the pellet will hit your target. Practice makes perfect.

Another idea is the fog-horn method, where a small wireless loudspeaker can be mounted on a hardboard plinth and loud noise recording can be blasted at 45 second intervals. I find that 'canned applause' works best from 1970's television sitcoms.

I hope this helps.

Edited by syd barrett
  • Like 1

BB guns are guns and require the correct paperwork to get one legally. The hassle of geting the licence make it not worth while, especcilally for a falang. :D

I've seen people on scooters going around carrying the AK47 BB gun and others many times. The fact that they are sold all over Thailand from stalls makes me think that there aren't too many people that bother with the license. As you say , this isn't the USA: rules don't tend to be followed here. Thanks for the advice anyway.

The water cannon is a good idea though, and probably safer. I actually have a low powered one that I will try tomorrow.

I actually started a 'pigeon problem' topic recently. Today I followed the advice of one guy to use WD40, but I want the BB to make it more fun. :D

i think bb guns that fire plastic bbs and have restricted power are perfectly legal but as a farang it wouldnt be a good idea to go out in public with any sort of gun. prices are under 1k baht for a plastic spring action one ...dunno whether the pigeons would be scared infact they may laugh.they can be bought on some of the stalls inside royal garden and sometimes outside too but the stalls change around some months,in tops you can get a variety and a metal gas 9mm replica could set you back upto 3.5k baht or there is a bb range in jomtien that sells them and a shop outfront of the range that sells them.i cant remember name of road but it runs from beach to sukhumvit and has recently been dug up for ages.....maybe its called soi chayapruk.

im sure a bb gun is more fun than throwing a can of wd40 at them,probably cheaper in long run too as that wd40 aint that cheap :o

Look around the forum for a different method of getting rid of the birds. there have been a number of threads on the subject. :o

Buy a snake imitation (a friend of mine has bought one in the Lukdod shop) and place it where the pidgeons can see it.

No more trouble.

The 6mm plastic pellet guns fire a white ball of hard plastic. The rifles' accuracy depends on a number of factors the most important of which is the person firing it. they are easily available and legal - listed as toys not fire arms. However don't use one to rob a bank or shop because the rules change and things get serious

CB

The 6mm plastic pellet guns fire a white ball of hard plastic. The rifles' accuracy depends on a number of factors the most important of which is the person firing it. they are easily available and legal - listed as toys not fire arms. However don't use one to rob a bank or shop because the rules change and things get serious

CB

I bought a cheap BB pistol today from Pattaya. It was only 800 Baht and quite powerfull. Its dark but I hit one pigeon with my third shot :D If flew away. I couldn't get the other one though. I will try again tomorrow. Plenty of fun anyway.

To clear the confusion:

the guns sold here are not BB guns, they are airsoft, although often refered to as BB, they are not.

you don't need a licence for them, just don't swing them around in public.

BB is a term for older rifles that used to fire a metal ball.

for pidgeons get yourself an electric automatic airsoft machine gun, do a great job

The Tops dealer is honest and a fair price, under 5000B for a chinese-made machine gun

under 3000 for a handgun. (Japanese made is more expensive)

If you fancy firing at 'live' targets join us on

our weekly jaunt to the airsoft skirmish park and get a few small bruises.....

• 12 years later...