Phetburi

kedawi

Is this the right forum?

I'm doing a quickie w/e trip to phetburi in a couple of weeks, can anyone recommend

- a good Thai restaurant - I'll have to feed about 15 to 20 people.

- any attractions

- do's or don'ts

- any observations on the place?

PS - any Indian (Hindu) restaurants there?

Edited by kedawi

Phetchaburi has hundreds of cafes, but few restaurants (and almost no English language signage). One I would suggest is located on the river at Google Earth reference 13, 05, 18.84N 99, 56, 54.78E. I think it is called Baan Rimnam, but I'm not sure. It's a little pricey (for Phetchaburi), but is in a nice setting and can handle large parties.

The most obvious attraction is Khao Wang, the palace on the hilltop, and the surrounding park. There are many other temples in the city of Phetchaburi, if that is your wont.

I am not aware of any Indian restaurants; only Thai and Chinese.

Phetchaburi has hundreds of cafes, but few restaurants (and almost no English language signage). One I would suggest is located on the river at Google Earth reference 13, 05, 18.84N 99, 56, 54.78E. I think it is called Baan Rimnam, but I'm not sure. It's a little pricey (for Phetchaburi), but is in a nice setting and can handle large parties.

The most obvious attraction is Khao Wang, the palace on the hilltop, and the surrounding park. There are many other temples in the city of Phetchaburi, if that is your wont.

I am not aware of any Indian restaurants; only Thai and Chinese.

thanks, I'll check out Baan Rimnan - with a little trepidation as I'm footing the bill!

If you tell me where you are coming from, I can give you directions to Baan Rimnaam. And when I said it was a little pricey, I meant by local Phetchaburi standards. It is far less expensive than anything similar in Hua Hin, for example.

Are you staying overnight in Phetchaburi, if so where? I lived there for three years recently, and can give you more suggestions if you could let me know what kinds of things you and your guests like to do or see.

THanks for you offer of help....I ended up in Hua Hin....largely due to some pretty typical thai-style organisation. good day on the beach etc and Phetburi market by 8 the next morning!

I guess that restaurant will have to wait til next time.....is it near a bridge? I looked on Google but the road overlay is crap.