Interior Doors

basjke

Hi I been shopping around for new interior doors since my current plywood doors have had their time.I decided to replace them with hardwood doors as real teak wood doors are over my budget.However when looking at several door shops on sukhumvit and elsewhere I notice that there is quite some price difference for what seems to be the same quality material.Is there someone who can advice me as to what I have to look for to check the quality of the wood or can you just recommend a particular shop.Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Ensure that you get kiln dried timber, if not they will split and warp, separate at the joints etc. after a short while, difficult to tell if the timber is kiln dried or not, you could always ask the salesman of course :o

Ensure that you get kiln dried timber, if not they will split and warp, separate at the joints etc. after a short while, difficult to tell if the timber is kiln dried or not, you could always ask the salesman of course :o

Thank you for the advice Lenny.I was aware of it but I had hoped you could tell me how to find out If the timber has been kiln dried.

The advice to ask the salesman was of course one of the better jokes.

Ensure that you get kiln dried timber, if not they will split and warp, separate at the joints etc. after a short while, difficult to tell if the timber is kiln dried or not, you could always ask the salesman of course :D

Thank you for the advice Lenny.I was aware of it but I had hoped you could tell me how to find out If the timber has been kiln dried.

The advice to ask the salesman was of course one of the better jokes.

ask the salesman :o:D:D

just get the white coloured 800 bt jobs at any of the big shops....homepro,homework etc. its only for inside so should last quite a few yrs then replace again as necessary or i would have thought any of the hardwood doors will be ok ,as you using for interior ,as they dont have the extremes of temp as exterior use. i expect you gonna treat them or paint them anyway so that should help stop any problems,just check they dont sell you an already warped one!!

good shop on threppasit sells loads of doors,its on left as you go towards jomtien..about one third up that road next to biggish curtain/granite shop.she speaks ok english and is of thai chinese descent so dont expect any discount on price she quotes but her prices are fair anyway

Doors are a nightmare here. I have bought doors all over the place, they are all rubbish and non are kiln dried.

The white wood look a like doors in Homepro seem to me to be very good value at around 3000 baht each. They have a machine pressed on veneer finish and require no finishing.

Also try the shop I use, these doors are machine made and have a pressed hard wood veneer over them. They look and feel just like good quality solid hardwood doors. They don't warp and don't have badly made tongue and grove joints or dowel pins sticking out of them. Go North on Sukhumvit and U Turn at the B P Hospital, head south but keep on the left lane. Opposite the Shell station is a window shop and next to it just before is the door shop. The doors are made on the premises out the back. As a matter of interest the window shop is about the best and lowest priced place around for alu framed units, the shops are jointly owned by a brother and sister.