Getting Dog From Airport

Wonder if anyone can help - we're flying our medium size cross breed dog out from the UK - think we're on top of all the paperwork, but it occurs to me to ask, does anyone know or have experience of whether Bangkok taxis or at least the airport ones will take dogs? If not, anyone got ideas for alternatives.

I really don't want to be stood there with our poor pooch just having done 13 hours in BA cargo, wondering why it's suddenly got so hot in Oldham and all the taxi dudes are runing away giving it "May Ow Krub!"

Any experiences, information and ideas very gratefuly received

Wonder if anyone can help - we're flying our medium size cross breed dog out from the UK - think we're on top of all the paperwork, but it occurs to me to ask, does anyone know or have experience of whether Bangkok taxis or at least the airport ones will take dogs? If not, anyone got ideas for alternatives.

I really don't want to be stood there with our poor pooch just having done 13 hours in BA cargo, wondering why it's suddenly got so hot in Oldham and all the taxi dudes are runing away giving it "May Ow Krub!"

Any experiences, information and ideas very gratefuly received

Hi CDW, Just wondering what type,size and cost of crate are you flying your dog in? I have a friend with 5 Rotts, the largest 36kg, and who is trying to find proper air crates to fly them to Canada (East coast) from Chiangmai. He is lead to believe only 2 may fly as acompanying baggage, so he already has a problem returning the other 3, besides finding a source in Thailand for certified airworthy dog cages. Any advice/info greatly appreciated. Cheers. :o

Hi,

I show a whippet around bangkok and quite often I have to come and go by taxi: the cage just fits on the back seat, just sqeezing through the door. Some drivers refuse to take me then it's their loss. Most of the time the second driver is more hungry and drives us. At the airport they have larger taxis: like converted suv: If you look around there should be no problem. I have never been charged extra for the dog either. Insist on a meter taxi. There is only a small surcharge for the taxis from the airport ( 50baht). You have to pa the freeway toll charges as you go along if you have to take the freeway. I would avoid the "limousine" services.

The other issue regarding cages approved by airlines: look onto Shaamu website and they have full ranges of cages. Buy any dog magazine in a newsagent and even if in thai you can get what you need there.

I can't comment on the excess luggage issues,sorry.

Hi ataloss,

You can find international certified dog crates at Ran Raksat Petshop in Chiang Mai. One branch in the parking lot of Airport Plaza, and another one in between Carrefour and the Makro.

I think they sell Clippers. For your rotts I believe you need a Large size, no. 7. If they don't have them in stock, they can order them from BKK.

Or you can order them yourself from BKK:

The Pet Place, 02 888 1535 or 02 884 8440 or call k. Sun: 081 638 1321 (she speaks English, but it's an old no. Don't know if it still works)

As for the 3 more rotts, you may ask around if others are going to Canada and are willing to bring 1 or 2 rotts with them. It's not difficult to arrange the paperwork when you are not in CM. You just need to be at the airport in Canada to pick up your dogs.

Nienke

Hi ataloss,

You can find international certified dog crates at Ran Raksat Petshop in Chiang Mai. One branch in the parking lot of Airport Plaza, and another one in between Carrefour and the Makro.

I think they sell Clippers. For your rotts I believe you need a Large size, no. 7. If they don't have them in stock, they can order them from BKK.

Or you can order them yourself from BKK:

The Pet Place, 02 888 1535 or 02 884 8440 or call k. Sun: 081 638 1321 (she speaks English, but it's an old no. Don't know if it still works)

As for the 3 more rotts, you may ask around if others are going to Canada and are willing to bring 1 or 2 rotts with them. It's not difficult to arrange the paperwork when you are not in CM. You just need to be at the airport in Canada to pick up your dogs.

Nienke

Thank you so very much Nienke. :o

I hired a taxi that was a truck and went from pattaya to pick him up at thai cargo and bring him back, there wasnt any transportation i saw there. that way he is out of the cage immediately. he was happy cause he got to run around in their parking lot first

I show a whippet around bangkok and quite often I have to come and go by taxi:

I think my brain has failed, my first thought reading this was "I wonder if the whippet enjoys being shown the sights of Bangkok" :o

Duh!!! Isn't English a wonderful language?