Proffessional Dyno For Bikes In Bangkok

thaicbr

AND THEN ride mine hehehhehehehehe.

It's fun to have the bugger back again. topped out at 170 down highway 303 to nakhom pathom. I might gear it down a bit on the back sprocket its got 14/48 520 conversion on at the moment but might take it down to 46 rear.

Don't forget no fairing on this baby its streetfightered.

Dave you getting that cbr250 you saw, if not can you PM the details to me.

i was looking at a non running mc19 in a big bike shop. the thing was sat between 2 other bikes, been sat there about 2years with out moving.

So i say how much, he says not sell, i say why, he says engine no good so i say i buy for spares so he says ok 35,000 baht............... the <deleted>**er could still hear me laughing when i was 3 soi's away. the idiot. :o

I'll need to get the phone number from the wife in the morning.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're interested in the formulas, here's what I used (I used the quoted wet weight of the American Ninja since I'm a lazy bastard who didn't want to google the wet weight of the international version which I would suspect to be slightly greater:

Hi Dave!

Just curious, but why would the fuel injected international Ninja 250R weigh more than the carburated US version? Aren't carburators heavier than fuel injectors? Just wonderin'... All the best!

LOL- so I'm off by a month, eh? :(

Ok - November it is! And any well behaved riders that need a place to stay in BKK is welcome to crash at my place :D

Happy trails! :D

So you'd be up to my 9 month old daughter sleeping at your pad while me and the missus spend some quality time? :D

I'll take care of yours if you'll take care of mine! :D

Kristhawee-June-20th-2008-1.jpg

:o

why would the fuel injected international Ninja 250R weigh more than the carburated US version? Aren't carburators heavier than fuel injectors? Just wonderin'...

Itcould be like the new Fuel Injected "Classic Range" Triumphs [bonnevilles/Thrux/Scram etc] have the same issue

- they had to enlarge the fuel tank and hide a socking great fuel pump underneath...

They have hidden the fuel injectors in similar looking carb shaped bodies too...

Unnecessary imo, but for some its the looks.

As RhodieBKK pointed out, it's the ancillary items that make the difference. Yes, if you just compare the injector's weight to the carb's weight, the carb loses out. But you add on a fuel rail, metal supply/return lines (the carb can get away with a single rubber supply line), fuel pressure regulator (only have to use gravity on a carb'd bike), and fuel pump (once again only using gravity on a carb'd bike). And then you have the O2 sensor (lambda), extra wiring, etc. I can't guarantee, but perhaps the catalytic convertor is different, although for economy of scale I doubt it and even if it was it wouldn't have to be as complex as the carb'd version's since the ECU on the fuel injector can make corrections that a carb can not.

And I think I'll withdrawl my offer. At least mine isn't ambulatory yet; fewer problems she can get into.

@RhodieBKK,

If I'm understanding your post about those Triumphs, we would call that setup TBI (Throttle Body Injection) in the states. My friend had a Pontiac Firebird with that setup.....

The tank is exactly the same size on both.

The weight can be found at www.kawasaki.co.uk and www.kawasakibigbike.com if there is any weight difference it would be pretty insignificant, same air filter box as well, carbs heavier, but fuel pump adds up so total it should be withing a few of ounces.

The tank is exactly the same size on both.

The weight can be found at www.kawasaki.co.uk and www.kawasakibigbike.com if there is any weight difference it would be pretty insignificant, same air filter box as well, carbs heavier, but fuel pump adds up so total it should be withing a few of ounces.

Actually, if you compare the US website's weight of 374 lbs (169.6 kilos) to the UK's claim of 169 kilos, the US version is heavier! Seems odd. Also of interest is that on the UK site, there's a line that mentions "Complies to EU emission limit" and it has a dash through it. Does that mean that it is not compliant or that Kawasaki UK doesn't have the information? Oh, and it appears that the price has crept up to just under 4 000 USD, guess the exchange rate hasn't been favourable.

I also wondered about the EU limit statement.

UK has lot of taxes which is not applicable in US, so the bikes are more expensive than in US always, not fair for the common man in the street but taxes are heavy in Europe, hence income is high as well.

Checked the price in US and right now it is 3,499,- and 4,099,- for limited edition, is the limited edition with fuel injection? Can't be due to the colour difference...

Cheers Bard

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

Found another brand new Dyno station (Not opened yet) for bikes using Dynojet in Bangkok, they will be setup by the main Dynojet mechanic from Malaysia in a couple of weeks and during the setup I managed to get freebie dyno testing with and without the Powercommander 3 USB, the test will be when the mechanic comes to Bangkok in approximately 2 weeks. Anyone else want to test out the bike and I will try to get more freebies in, for Ninja owners they can try out PC3USB to see if it does anything for there bikes on the Dyno... Pretty good deal to check by a certified Dynojet tech before one decide to buy :o

New station will be in Sukhumvit Soi 77, Called D.S. Performance Product Co.,Ltd. Telephone 02 321 2502 / 2508

Cheers Bard

COOL i think this is so much better than the other one i found that seem more about scooters.

I take it they will do big bike tuning and stuff. i gotta get my CBR250 sorted the flat spot is driving me crazy.

can you maybe find out normal pricing. and my cbr would be good for them to try so they know how to sort out old heaps lol

keep us informed Bard

Allan

OK Allan, I put in a request for you since they just boot up they're very keen on helping out. Think they can jet your bike from my limited conversation with Malaysia today, but they were keen on helping your sort out your bike from what I gathered. So as soon as I get confirmed date from them I will let you know. Regarding pricing they are busy setting that up, however when he trains the tech in Thailand we can get by free when he shows how it's properly done. So I will PM both, obviously the freebie is the best option :o

Cheers Bard

When I spoke with him on Thursday he was still not sure about the price he would charge for dyno test only. However since they are the new authorized dynojet dealer in Thailand you might get it free if you buy and install the dynojet stage 1 with K&N. Call them up and check it out, speak good English and come back quickly on the emails as well.

Cheers Bard

• 10 months later...
When I spoke with him on Thursday he was still not sure about the price he would charge for dyno test only. However since they are the new authorized dynojet dealer in Thailand you might get it free if you buy and install the dynojet stage 1 with K&N. Call them up and check it out, speak good English and come back quickly on the emails as well.

Cheers Bard

Hi there,

I found this thread with google while looking for a place that does bike dyno testing and tuning, my vfr400 needs it. Have you found out if they offer this or can you recommend another shop?

Thanks,

Chris

people or companies with Dynojet dyno's in Thailand

AP Honda Co. Ltd

Model 250i

149 Rodrangkhao Rd,

Samrong - Tai, Phrapradaeng,

Bangkok 10250

Tel. +662-757-6111

Email: <snip>

DS Performance Product Co. Ltd

Model 250iPX

Baan Sabai Apt 6/1 Room 101, Soi On-Nut 55/2 Yak 2,

Sukhumvit 77th Rd, Praves,

Bangkok 10250

Tel. +662-321-2502

Email: <snip>

Jammer Motorcycle Shop

Model 250i

132/180 Soichkechai 4

Lardoriwd Road

Bangkok 10310

Tel. 662-538-5408

Veeravit Kittimahachai

96/16 Soi Siamtoranne

Tarrank Ramintra km 8

Bangkok 10220

Tel. 662-9450112

Edited by soundman
Removed Email Addresses as per forum rules.

Tony. These are DYNOJET dyno's. Dirt shop is DS performance. Who i might add would be a waste of time for older bikes as they do not stock even basic main jets........... what the f=k is that about!!!

And unless you brought ya bike from RB you may as well forget it (also i dunno what dyno RB have)... BUT they dont have main jets either. How can you do performance tuning without main jets.JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

Edited by thaicbr

Tony. These are DYNOJET dyno's. Dirt shop is DS performance. Who i might add would be a waste of time for older bikes as they do not stock even basic main jets........... what the f=k is that about!!!

And unless you brought ya bike from RB you may as well forget it (also i dunno what dyno RB have)... BUT they dont have main jets either. How can you do performance tuning without main jets.JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE

Hi Allan,

I'm not familiar with DS Performance, but the dyno at Dirtshop certainly appears to be a DYNOJET (see the picture above).

As for tuning older bikes, well, seems the days of carbureted bikes are just about over seeing as how only fuel injected bikes can pass the strict new Euro III and Euro IV emissions tests.

I'm guessing Jammer would be your best bet in Bangkok as they tune a lot of older harley's and whatnot.

Ride On!

Tony

Tony DS performance IS Dirt Shop.

And Jammer dont have jets small enough :)

In reality how many bikes in Thailand are Fuel injected especially cruisers and the like. I know that is the way its going BUT you would have thought that a company doing Dyno's and the fact DYNOJET do a huge range of jets and kits that Dirt Bike would have them.

But TIT man, this is Thailand where the air filters made down the road in Samut songkran can't be sold to me i have to order from the UK.

Aha! DS Performance = Dirtshop! Gotcha! But strange that they have different addresses, no?

Anyway- sure there are plenty of old carburated cruisers around, but who ever tunes those on a dyno? I'd guess the demand must be very low and dirtshop does not serve that market anyway. In fact, despite their name, seems to me they are much more focused on sport bikes than dirt bikes...

TiT! :)

The address is the DS Owners condo as a guess. And i for one would not mind getting mine sorted on a proper rolling road. Dyno's are not just for max power but also to ensure that the bikes tuned/setup correctly.

Dyno is just simply a tool for tuning purposes. Like all other tools it is only as good as the tuner using it.

Just fitted the dynotune PCV + Autotune on my ninja 2010 650r, having great fun playing with the maps out there, within sensible limits..

I enjoy looking at the afr trim tables after i ride, you can really see where the autotune earns its bucks...and watching it work in realtime when on the padock stand is sweet (my own little rolling road) to a point..

As for the performance, well when i got the bike new and standard, i got the feeling of it leaning out too much at steady throttle closed looping, but after the scorpion and pcv+autotune it really does smooth the bike out through the range...

Didn`t have a O2 elimninator plug in the kit, so dug around on the other forums and did the same as others, fitted my own resistor to the redundant Stock O2 plug/harness...

Oh, and sorry tony for beating you to it...it was a cracking price, have you got your sb`s yet ? i see a couple of guys having fitting issues with their new bars on the other forum...maybe they were unlucky and got the miss drilled ones that slipped the net...HD

Just fitted the dynotune PCV + Autotune on my ninja 2010 650r, having great fun playing with the maps out there, within sensible limits..

I enjoy looking at the afr trim tables after i ride, you can really see where the autotune earns its bucks...and watching it work in realtime when on the padock stand is sweet (my own little rolling road) to a point..

As for the performance, well when i got the bike new and standard, i got the feeling of it leaning out too much at steady throttle closed looping, but after the scorpion and pcv+autotune it really does smooth the bike out through the range...

Didn`t have a O2 elimninator plug in the kit, so dug around on the other forums and did the same as others, fitted my own resistor to the redundant Stock O2 plug/harness...

Oh, and sorry tony for beating you to it...it was a cracking price, have you got your sb`s yet ? i see a couple of guys having fitting issues with their new bars on the other forum...maybe they were unlucky and got the miss drilled ones that slipped the net...HD

Oh, one more thought i forgot to mention, i`m hoping once my current map settles down, and i accept the trims from autotune into the map, thereafter the autotune should cope with the varying quality of 91 benzene from the various pumps, one thing it should show is if any pumps are watering down their benzene, as many i believe do and there after i can avoid them....just a thought..HD

Edited by husskydog

Aha! DS Performance = Dirtshop! Gotcha! But strange that they have different addresses, no?I :)

Not sure if this helps, but they changed addresses recently, I know because it's mentioned on their website.

I also know the Red Baron had a dyno, but this has probably already been mentioned.

• 1 year later...
why would the fuel injected international Ninja 250R weigh more than the carburated US version? Aren't carburators heavier than fuel injectors? Just wonderin'...

Itcould be like the new Fuel Injected "Classic Range" Triumphs [bonnevilles/Thrux/Scram etc] have the same issue

- they had to enlarge the fuel tank and hide a socking great fuel pump underneath...

They have hidden the fuel injectors in similar looking carb shaped bodies too...

What is the list price on a Triumph Scrambler in Bangkok now?

What is the list price on a Triumph Scrambler in Bangkok now?

580,000b

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Motorcycle-prices-in-Thailand