New Indian To Check Out: Kiss Masala

Jingthing

There is a new Indian joint that I think will be of interest to Indian food lovers.

It is called Kiss Masala on Pattaya Klang not too far from the beach on the southside, not far from Ali Baba.

This is a small shophouse sized place but done up fancy with nice tables and decor including Bollywood videos to soak up the mood.

The cook is South Indian but the menu is more general. I am curious what people think about their curries, as I tried different stuff.

I tried:

stuffed nan, with spiced mashed potatoes, this was OK, not great (65 baht)

whole tandoori fish, medium size whole fish w/ head, well spiced, fish not 100 percent fresh, but not bad, and tasted great (about 170 baht)

vegetable biryani, well spiced and richly colored, chock full of fresh veggies and even some paneer chunks (140 baht), I felt it lacked cardomom. This dish was a cut above the level I have come to expect in Pattaya, which gives me hope their curries are good as well.

Ordered food extra spicy and felt I got it. I wonder about their curries. I think the place is worth further exploration but I am not sure yet if is going to be great. Has potential. Curryheads, what's your verdict? In any case, you will get a warm welcome there, and very helpful English speaking service.

Edited by Jingthing

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a visit sometime.

By the way, this week I noticed an Indian shop has started up in the food court of Carrefour, the prices were a bit more than other food shops though, but that maybe reflects what they are serving. I didn't try anything, but might do next visit.

whole tandoori fish, medium size whole fish w/ head, well spiced, fish not 100 percent fresh,

No thanks, I will pass! :o

I didn't mean to imply it was rotten or bad fish, just I could tell it was not directly out of the water. Maybe better not to order fish unless they get known and have more turnover. If the fish was actually rotten I would have had no problem sending it back, there, or anywhere.

Edited by Jingthing

It is called Kiss Masala ...

Kiss your what..? :D

Sala. :o Whatever that is. :D

I'll give the place a try next time I'm in town. Could do with a good Indian in town. Ali Baba's used to be good but IMO has gone downhill a bit. The problem with Indian restaurants is that the bluddy Indians just can't make a good curry. :D