Canned Air

marginline

g_S5001.jpg

Since arriving in Thailand I've been trying to get a hold of canned air so that I might be able to air blast my laptop's keyboard clean. Looking around though and despite visiting a whole host of places I thought I wouldn't have a problem finding the stuff...the best I've managed to do so far is something called CARBIDE Super Cleaner (CSC) from Big C. If it wasn't for the fact that CSC is a solvent, highly flammable and leaves a residue when cleaning my camera lens, it would be fine; that is why I would prefer to use canned air...if its available that is!

FYI I've tried Big C, Carrefour, Data IT, IT City, MBK, Office Depot, Pantip Plaza, Tesco/Lotus all to no avail. :o I wonder then please if someone might know where I might be able to find this product here in Bangkok? :D Thank you.

Sorry, can't help with a specific store name, but have you tried a camera store?

If they don't have the canned air try one of those "rubber bulb" air blowers used to "dust-off" camera lenses.

DO NOT use the CSC or any other cleaner on either your keyboard or, especially the camera lens. It could remove the len's anti-glare coating, or even "melt" the lens, if it is plastic. (Same for other plastic items, such as keyboards).

(Note: Eating crackers and chips while typing, or reading in bed, is not recommended. :o )

good luck

what about the soi's firefoxx listed on another thread about electronics parts.

they might have something.

and solvent based cleaners should be tested on an expendable part of whatever you are cleaning before using on the real job. many people have 000'd expensive parts before they learn to take that precaution. :o

On the second floor of Fortune Tower Ratchada Rd. is a large electronics repair shop, if you take the elevator next to KFC to the second floor you will get out in front of the shop.

They also sell electronic components, print circuit boards, spare parts…etc (and I buy there on regular base canned air)

“Thailand don't carry that product” I also belief that Radio Shake (not sure if they still use this name) and about 10 to 100 other electronic shops in Chinatown sell canned air.

• 2 years later...