Cashing Google Cheques In Thailand

Finally got my first cheque from Google for my Ad words. This is good news!

Right now however I'm not sure how to proceed, the cheque reads "a/c payee only" on a Citibank cheque, does this mean I have to open a bank account with Citibank, which conveniently only has offices in BKK or can I cash it with any bank in Thailand?

How do people deal with this who receive funds from Google in Thailand on a regular base?

Edited by limbos

Right now however I'm not sure how to proceed, the cheque reads "a/c payee only" on a Citibank cheque, does this mean I have to open a bank account with Citibank, which conveniently only has offices in BKK or can I cash it with any bank in Thailand?

How do people deal with this who receive funds from Google in Thailand on a regular base?

Suppose the million dollar question is how quick do you want your money ?....do it through Citibank on a Citibank cheque will be quicker than trying to draw against another Thai bank.

Think the fact that it says a/c payee only, then this means it has to clear into an account, in other words you cant walk into a bank and cash the cheque over the counter and walk out with your money, So would suggest you open an account with Citibank, it will simplfy things a lot..

In Australia you can open a Citibank account online and go to the post office to show 100 points of ID, then they will send you a debit card with which you can withdraw your funds from pretty much any ATM. I don't know if they have a similar scheme here?

go to citibank on sathorn rd and open an account. and take your work permit with you.

go to citibank on sathorn rd and open an account. and take your work permit with you.

Are we sure the OP has a work permit ??... :o

Yes, he, the OP has a WP but lives on Samui, no easy acces to a Citibank. :D

Get the picture though, time is not necessarily an issue so I can draw it against my own bank account.

Thanks for the info. :o