Retirement Visa Income

Does anyone out there have any experience with the U.S. embassy concerning the documentation they require in order to write a letter attesting to income. I receive a specific dividend every month so would a copy of statements be adequate or do they require a letter from my fianancial instituion?

Also when figuring the 800,000 Baht requirement, would you for example convert say $10,000 income into Thai Baht at the current exchange rates and make up the difference with Baht in a Thai bank?

You just make a sworn statement, no proof needed. Immigration nows that the US just demands a sworn statement and can ask you for some proof themselves. It would be nice to have some proof to show them, if they ask.

Your income will be conveted to Thai baht and needs to be 65,000 a month. However a combination of income and money in a Thai bank is also allowed.

Does anyone out there have any experience with the U.S. embassy concerning the documentation they require in order to write a letter attesting to income. I receive a specific dividend every month so would a copy of statements be adequate or do they require a letter from my fianancial instituion?

Also when figuring the 800,000 Baht requirement, would you for example convert say $10,000 income into Thai Baht at the current exchange rates and make up the difference with Baht in a Thai bank?

No documents required. Just your passport. They have a fill in the blanks form. You fill it out and then sign it in front of a conulate officer stating it is true and correct.

They have an online appointment system that will save you time because you don't have to take a number. Info at the following link. Its is not inforced so you can do a walk in. You can find what hours they are open on wesite and also the price for notary.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service.html

The income amount required is the equivelent of 65,000 baht (aprox. $1912 today) for that option.

If you are trying to do the mixture of income and money on deposit. Multiply your monthly income by 12 in dollars and then covert to Baht. Then subtract that from 800,000 baht the result of that is how much you need in bank. Because of exchange rate fluctuations it would a good idea to have a little extra in bank.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Edited by ubonjoe

One can apply for the extension of stay on the 800,000 baht in the bank option, the other applies for an extension of stay as a dependent. (only if you are married).

Edit:

Look here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/2notice/rtp606EN.pdf

7.19 is for a dependent and 7.21 for a retirement

Edited by Mario2008