Weekend getaway from bangkok

danbo

Hi All

Can anyone offer any suggestions on a location which can be reached within 2 or 3 hours of Bangkok.  I'm looking for somewhere quiet on the coast  where an apartment can be had for a reasonable price (4-5K per/m).  Ideally I'd like to travel from Hualompong railway station, or the Southern Bus Terminal (it would take me about 3 hours just to reach MorChit or Ekamai).

T.I.A

Dan.

Agree about Sathaheep and I would have suggested Bang Saen however you would have to go from "Ekki".

From S.B.T, or "Huli" the easiest would be Cha-am or Hua Hin

This month in Hua Hin

http://www.observergroup.net/

Only 200Kms south of Bangkok on the Gulf of Thailand lies the Royal resort of Hua Hin. It's fine beaches, excellent seafood, pleasant surroundings and year round sunshine make it one of the premier places to visit in Thailand. Don't miss out on your holiday, catch up on all thats going on in Hua Hin and Cha-am.

From the local beaches of Suan Son and Khao Tao to the cascading falls at Pala-U to the playful monkeys at Khao Takiab and the majestic peaks of Sam Roi Yod, check out our 'see and do' guide to find out where to go in Hua Hin.

:cool: