Soi Bangla - Hub Of The Universe

Sir Burr

I would like you to get your Immigration Connections and I'll get mine, and we will have them fight in my backyard.

I'll bet that my Immigration Connections can beat your Immigration Connections.

Kid, you are digging a hole.

I love to see your responses. I am happy to know that I am not alone.

todd

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know several reasonably attractive 30-40 year old women in the US who date on line and will happily screw a fair to good looking guy in return for a couple of expensive meals and a nice present. they would never consider themselves hookers but what's the big difference between them and Thai girls, except its a lot more f'ing around with western girls.

you certainely do not understand how much of a whore the girls around 20-30yo which are decent looking are in the west.

Most of my friends who hang out a lot in bars all have a click of 20 girls 20 guys, and usualy those clicks all sleep together, plus every now and then they sleep with a bar tender or some random dude..

Whores are just more upfront here.

there do not seem to be the same taboos here in thailand re sex as there are in the west and thank goodness.In thailand its just a means of raising revenue,and i dont think thai girls have a problem with it,they put aside things like emotional attachment,its just business,and how lovely it is,not like western girls "you only want me for one thing" or "you wont like me in the morning"..............who cares!

Love the thai system and way of life.and love the b/girls,although sometimes "payer beware"

i know several reasonably attractive 30-40 year old women in the US who date on line and will happily screw a fair to good looking guy in return for a couple of expensive meals and a nice present. they would never consider themselves hookers but what's the big difference between them and Thai girls, except its a lot more f'ing around with western girls.

The fact that BG's finance their lives almost entirely through this while the women you mention basically do so over non monetary exchange and provide income to live elsewhere..

there do not seem to be the same taboos here in thailand re sex as there are in the west and thank goodness.In thailand its just a means of raising revenue,and i dont think thai girls have a problem with it,they put aside things like emotional attachment,its just business,and how lovely it is,not like western girls "you only want me for one thing" or "you wont like me in the morning"..............who cares!

Love the thai system and way of life.and love the b/girls,although sometimes "payer beware"

Erm so you havent had them following you around, slashing thier wrists, sleeping on your doorstep, etc then..

Please tell me how..

Erm so you havent had them following you around, slashing thier wrists, sleeping on your doorstep, etc then..

Please tell me how..

well ive just got home from another heavy night out,girls all over me etc.i dont really understand your reply though,i was commenting on the fact that sex for thai ladies is really just business and just that,and i like that.

All these stories of conquest.

Like the sailors of yore that would visit foreign ports,

Bangla offers the same delights,

No man need ever feel a slight,

For there to be had is burning agony whilst you pee,

And a persistent cough that gives no glee.

If all the folks in TV were as successful as they claim to be with the ladies that cater to such men, the men would have had multiple cases of STIs, their willies ravaged by viral chancres and most likely a case of TB. Hardly, the kind of guy a nice girl wants to settle down with.

i went the the hub of the Universe last night and now i have the hangover to prove it. i've lived in Thailand for a long time and and of all the girlie bar areas, i can definitely say that Patong/Bangla is my favourite. the girls are the most beautiful and most fun to talk to (didn't get to do more than talk because i went with my wife).

a lot of people criticize the night-life here but I love it, depends what you are into i guess. i can't think of a better way to spend an evening that surrounded by beautiful girls talking BS and drinking too much singha. if i was single and rich, i would probably never leave the place.

i went the the hub of the Universe last night and now i have the hangover to prove it. i've lived in Thailand for a long time and and of all the girlie bar areas, i can definitely say that Patong/Bangla is my favourite. the girls are the most beautiful and most fun to talk to (didn't get to do more than talk because i went with my wife).

a lot of people criticize the night-life here but I love it, depends what you are into i guess. i can't think of a better way to spend an evening that surrounded by beautiful girls talking BS and drinking too much singha. if i was single and rich, i would probably never leave the place.

am with you on that one,nothing like positive feedback.

Maybe as good as Soi Bangla for this kind of action would be Soi Seapearl -- one sidestreet to the north of Soi Bangla, in the road going from the traffic light and school right onto the beach. Alltogether there must be something like a dozen bars in there, different music and many of them not too loud, eg having a conversation or even a 'quiet' game of pool is possible according to where you choose to sit.

As it is a little bit difficult to see from the Soi entrance that there are many bars in there, number of customers is low, compared to still high number of girls. Many bars I know have barely 2-3 customers a day now, but 10 or more girls (you meet them all later in Tai Pan I guess, so if that is the only reason for going there, you can save yourself that walk).

But if drinking with a whole circle of females is your thing, the place to go as nobody will interrupt your party, and there might even be a little gem in there, the last up to your tastes of course.

Has anybody else here been in Soi Seapearl lately and which are the bars you prefer?

I second that,

MC

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there tonight. An interesting thread this one, I tend to agree with those of you who believe the girls are there because they want to be. I have known a girl for 18 months, we are occasional lovers, she is the g/f of the owner of the bars she has worked in and is currently in Bangla. Her pressing need at the moment is to come up with 30,000 baht to make the last two months payments on her new car (b/f paid the deposit only the tightwad) due on 15th, I hate the fact that she is screwing farangs for money but it is her choice and I hate to say it but she will work in the industry until her looks fade or her liver fails (whichever comes first), why? Because she enjoys the lifestyle of sleeping all day and then partying with her g/f's and farang males on the prowl. She has been smashed every day this week and taken customers twice at 10,000 a pop. It breaks my heart to see her doing this when she is intelligent, has an education and could be so much more. Unfortunately the attractions of the night work life and the Thai Mai Ben Rai attitude will ensure she continues. I hope she can find time to throw me a freebie this weekend.

As for the OP and his rant against Aussie bogans, "harden up and dry your eyes princess", after all by your own admission, if they were not there your 6-9 PM entertainment would not exist.

Did anyone else notice the first 2 nights of the Aus. naval visit and the 2 naval officer doing rounds? They were accompanied by these 2 little lawn gnome Thai MPs looking very serious. I know it's impolite to gawk and point, but those little munchkins would have been no match for a drunken sailor. That being said the navy boys were well behaved.

Yesterday I spyed the same 2 naval officers stopping for a beer on Bangla :o

BTW has anyone else noticed that almost every sign for the Bangla bars has jack Daniels in it?

And now for a Bangla shopping tip. I have been scoring some pretty decent bargains on stuff at the shopping plaza - better prices than Jungceylon. Replaced a couple elephants we broke for under 500 baht. :D And if you get hungry you walk up the stairs to KFC and burn off some of the glop calories you will eat.

See the MB taxi knife fighters struck again ?? Oz navy boy this time !!

Some thing really has to be done about the level of impunity these guys enjoy.. Around JC they are pure unbearable.. I stopped at roadside (to pick the GF up walking out) not in anyones way or blocking any access to the MB stand.. Bike still running and not looking to occupy any of thier precious turf.. As I pull out the mobile to call the missus some little dick comes flying over, "cannot" (like erm cannot what, use my phone ??) "cannot park" "OK song nattee khap.. Phom mai yuut.. Phom bpai song natee".. That was greeted with a puffed chest, extreme indignation that I might actually not immediately tip my hat and run away from his supreme awsomeness.. He then goes to push my bike handlebars waving me off and generally make it physical now, was a second away from kickoff just as GF arrived and hustled me off fuming.. Its like they are just waiting for the opportunity to make a confrontation.

I dont have any chip on my shoulder.. I treat everyone with respect intially.. But the level of attitude they now display is becoming too much for me to deal with without pushing back.. Hence I expect I will become a statistic but so be it.

Combine that with a global recession, unpredictable bar closures, closing airports, and little understanding of fair pay for fair service.. And then they wonder why tourist numbers are down and the repeat customers they used to have are not there..

Sorry.. Rant over.. Soapbox away..

I hear so many times from TV posters about the attitude of Phuket police and also problems with immigration,has it always been like this?I visited last in march 2007 and was not aware of this attitude although i did find the indian shop keepers and even thai traders more aggressive towards tourists in general.

Uplifting post from L LOS. I'd like to disagree, but can't cuz he's right about those taxi tards. Imagine what happens when it's some scooter rental tourist in for a week and that's what he gets.

You know all those seafood places just on the other side of Paradise along Rat-U a block or so from Bangla? Anyone notice that you have to run the gauntlet of menu goblins now. You can't walk the 50M without them lurching at you.

I hear so many times from TV posters about the attitude of Phuket police and also problems with immigration,has it always been like this?I visited last in march 2007 and was not aware of this attitude although i did find the indian shop keepers and even thai traders more aggressive towards tourists in general.

My 2 satangs.

In my 5 years here i've had only 2 dealings with the cops. First when a foreign female member of staff was knocked off her scooter by a drunk driver, second when a female member of staff was assaulted by a drunk Thai man. Both times the cops were excellent. For the assault, the cops assembled a team, knocked on some doors and made an arrest very quickly. The emphasis was most definitely on the fact that it was very bad publicity indeed if it appeared to be unsafe for foreigners here. The cops were absolutely aware of the broader picture of bad news and tourist numbers.

Both these incidents were dealt with by cops in Phuket town, not Patong.

Regarding LivinLos' post about the motorcy taxi drivers. Slide down the lens on the video camera on your phone and offer, 'tourist police nung gow nung, chai mai?" to the belligerent taxi drivers.

Normally shuts them up for a while! However, sometimes it just aint worth it. You can win the battle but lose the war!

See the MB taxi knife fighters struck again ?? Oz navy boy this time !!

Some thing really has to be done about the level of impunity these guys enjoy.. Around JC they are pure unbearable.. I stopped at roadside (to pick the GF up walking out) not in anyones way or blocking any access to the MB stand.. Bike still running and not looking to occupy any of thier precious turf.. As I pull out the mobile to call the missus some little dick comes flying over, "cannot" (like erm cannot what, use my phone ??) "cannot park" "OK song nattee khap.. Phom mai yuut.. Phom bpai song natee".. That was greeted with a puffed chest, extreme indignation that I might actually not immediately tip my hat and run away from his supreme awsomeness.. He then goes to push my bike handlebars waving me off and generally make it physical now, was a second away from kickoff just as GF arrived and hustled me off fuming.. Its like they are just waiting for the opportunity to make a confrontation.

I dont have any chip on my shoulder.. I treat everyone with respect intially.. But the level of attitude they now display is becoming too much for me to deal with without pushing back.. Hence I expect I will become a statistic but so be it.

Combine that with a global recession, unpredictable bar closures, closing airports, and little understanding of fair pay for fair service.. And then they wonder why tourist numbers are down and the repeat customers they used to have are not there..

Sorry.. Rant over.. Soapbox away..

Haha, enjoyed your rant, lived through similar scenarios more times than I can count.

But actually, their behaviour has not changed a bit in the last ten years I am here (it arguably has not become worse). If you wish to life on Phuket the only way of co-existence is simply ignoring them.

Phuket and the powers-that-be are unwilling to change and frankly, why should they -- new tourists year after year accepting their scams feed an endless cycle. I have come to the understanding myself that tourists want to be treated this way, as else there would have been none coming here for years already.

Look at the success rate of the tailor touts; the more they are in your face, the more cusotmers they really pull in. Yet, I have not met a single person who is not upset about their arm-tugging. Friends of mine have bought suits and shirts and would not stop going on how impolite they think this is, until I pointed out that they themselves have been a customer there only after being pulled in. Shuts them right up!

Another point, true at least statistically: those bars where the girls pull in people by force have customers, the bars where girls sit and smile shyly have not (there have been times when Soi Eric has been unbearable even for me to walk through, but it has never been less busy than any other Soi).

I promised to never use any form of taxi service since the TV topic where a farang was beaten up by the taxi stand maffia, at JUNKCEYLON.

And not one taxi of sort has been used by me or my family, since that time.

We have managed well without these low life mobsters.

Suggest that others can do so without!

MC

I promised to never use any form of taxi service since the TV topic where a farang was beaten up by the taxi stand maffia, at JUNKCEYLON.

And not one taxi of sort has been used by me or my family, since that time.

We have managed well without these low life mobsters.

Suggest that others can do so without!

MC

Yep sure thing, totally agree with u here !

even between themselves they are pretty dangerous and may have a figh for a 40 baht fare.

one killing occured in september in a 7/11 in Nanai road !