Pollution Redux?

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

Drove up the mountain to Doi Suthep for hiking today and couldn't help but notice how bad the air quality seemed looking down. Not quite as bad as March or especially a year and a half ago but pretty ugly to see. Anyone know the current air quality index and why it's so bad for this time of year? I usually thought this was the nice air quality season each year.

Drove up the mountain to Doi Suthep for hiking today and couldn't help but notice how bad the air quality seemed looking down. Not quite as bad as March or especially a year and a half ago but pretty ugly to see. Anyone know the current air quality index and why it's so bad for this time of year? I usually thought this was the nice air quality season each year.

You think it might be visible humidity? I do.

http://www.pcd.go.th/AirQuality/Regional/G...?task=graphsite

PLEASE don't start another pollution thread!!!!! There are existing threads that people can refer to simply by word searching. With each and every odd topic title the conversation gets increasingly disjointed and incoherent, and that is a problem when considering a major issue.

Edited by Mapguy

To answer your question: The PM<10 measure for the 24 hours ending 9 am today (i.e. covering the time when you were on Doi Suthep) was 36.4 µg/m3. This is within all the air quality standards that I know of, except the WHO Air Quality Guideline (20 µg/m3) which is only achieved by a few coastal cities in temperate zones (e.g. Vancouver, Oslo, Perth...).

Maybe there's more than beauty in the eyes of the beholder :o

/ Priceless

My sincere apologies! I seem to have done what I sometimes accuse others of: Comparing mangoes and pineapples. Actually the PM<10 value for the last 24 hours is well within the WHO Air Quality Guideline for daily measurements (≤50 µg/m3)! In haste, I compared the 24-hour CM value with the WHO yearly standard :o

/ Priceless

I do too. In fact I see it on Doi Suthep all the time. No fears :o

Mapguy, please chill out a bit okay ? There are many different discussions by many varied people. I prefer a less restricted flow of materiel here. :D

Edited by Ajarn

Thanks for that link, BTW. I didn't know there was an easy to use source of this info. I was looking around for one last year (don't know how I missed it, really, I'm usually good at searching online).