Thai Embassy In Washington Never Answers Phone

Over the past 3 weeks Ive been trying to talk to someone from the thai embassy to answer a question. The first couple of times I did get through to an operator, but never to a live person to answer a question. Left voice mail, but never a response. Sent an email, but no response. Now the past 4 times Ive tried calling over the past week, I cant even get a live operator to pick up. Isnt this kind of odd?

I'm just trying to find out if I could qualify for a non immigrant type "o" visa and what, if any, proof I would need to send in with my application. We are going over for a stay of 89 days and going to be doing some medical procedures. We have no evidence of our medical procedures to be done, so I am trying to find out what they would need from us to be able to qualify for the type "o". Any advice? I guess we can just do the tourist visa and then extend it while in thailand, but I was hoping to just avoid the hassle. We might be in koh samui at the time our first visa would run out. Would we be able to extend it from there? Thanks for any help.

Where do you live? You are likely to get better service from a consulate. I bet you most of them would give you a single entry O just based on your story and whatever requirements they have (for example, show some money in a US bank account, show a return ticket, etc.)

Edited by Jingthing

I have totally given up dealing with the Thai Embassy in Washington as they are worthless as tits on a bull (unless you actually go there when they are not quite so worthless as you're standing in front of them). Surprisingly I have dealt with most of the Honorary Consulates scattered across the US. Overall I found they are helpful, and quick to respond with emails, and answer questions when you call them.

You might get one to give you a single entry Non-Immigrant Type-O Visa. However if you are only going for the 89 days (as you stated), you can get by with a single entry Tourist Visa which is good for 60 days, and get an in-country extension for another 30 once you're here.

Many hospitals will even process the extension paperwork for you (although they charge a 'fee' for that service in addition to the fee you pay Immigrations to extend your visa)..

Try the Honorary Consulates on the link another poster gave you.