Pattaya Pirates ?

Pdaz

Was cycling back from Na Jomptien along the new railway side bypass yesterday... Saw a big sign for ''Pattaya Pirates'' which advertised what looked like skeet/clay pidgeon shooting, archery and a few other outdoor hobbies..

I didn't have time to investigate further. So anyone been an checked it out ? Is it a running business or just another start-up/fail leftover ?

cheers Pd :o

It is right at the very end of the bypass (Na Jomtien end), and has been there for many many years, it was previously called Pattaya Shooting Club.

Has rifle and pistol shooting, archery, horse riding etc, but i am not aware of it having clay pidgeon shooting??? Interested if anyone can confirm or not?

Okay so it is just the shooting club with a change of name.. The reason I mentioned clay pidgeon shooting was that the big bilboard outside the entrance shows a guy with a shotgun shooting at a moving target.. So was hoping they offered CP shooting or skeet.. Anyhow waiting for someone who has actually been there and seen what they have on offer..

yes is the old pattaya shooting club off of sukhumvit road ,up huay yai road and turn left past rail track then follow signs for a few hundred metres.has horse riding,fishing,flying fox (this is a line to come off a tower to slide down army style....forgot whats it called in farangland..im getting old!),gun shooting,archery and yes they have clay pigeon shooting with one trap to send them flying out of, prices seem to me to be a little expensive but depends on your budget.clay shooting was 5 shots at 700bt all inclusive or 25 at 2500 bt.hand guns was 600 bt for 10 shots(9mm) inclusive of gun hire which is ok but only a minutes worth of fun, if that, for 10 quid so you could easily spend 30-40 quid in 10 mins..........i think tiffany indoor range works out better value for handgun shooting.

yes is the old pattaya shooting club off of sukhumvit road ,up huay yai road and turn left past rail track then follow signs for a few hundred metres.has horse riding,fishing,flying fox (this is a line to come off a tower to slide down army style....forgot whats it called in farangland..im getting old!),gun shooting,archery and yes they have clay pigeon shooting with one trap to send them flying out of, prices seem to me to be a little expensive but depends on your budget.clay shooting was 5 shots at 700bt all inclusive or 25 at 2500 bt.hand guns was 600 bt for 10 shots(9mm) inclusive of gun hire which is ok but only a minutes worth of fun, if that, for 10 quid so you could easily spend 30-40 quid in 10 mins..........i think tiffany indoor range works out better value for handgun shooting.

Thanks for the confirmation of the clay shooting, Fkn expensive though!!

By the way...flying fox = Death slide!! :o

By the way...flying fox = Death slide!! :D

:D

That reminds me. When I was just a young buck, I was on a commando course taught by the French Army (Legionnaire instructors). Day 1 everyone had to do the "Death Slide". The instructors were adamant that everyone had to go through at least once (most of their students were French Army, with a platoon from a NATO country thrown in every so often for variety I guess).

Our guys would do the slide, then zip around and get back into the line to go again. Some of the guys went through 3 times before the instructors finally caught on (guess they couldn't count to 30). They were a little peeved at us ! :o

There is also a small shooting range on the way out to Highway 36. A kilometer or two after turning off Sukhumvit (heading towards the highway), on the left side, are signs for an Elephant (camp ? show ? can't remember). Went there with a Thai buddy. There were a couple of bus loads of (Asian) tourists and it seems they have some sort of package deal (elephant ride, fire a weapon on the range, maybe some kind of show thrown in as well).

Just after we arrived a bus load of them trooped into the (small) shooting range and got to pick a rifle or hand gun to fire. The staff put up paper targets for each of them which they got to keep afterwards. Kind of funny watching some little Japanese girl trying to hold up a M-16 style rifle that wasn't much shorter than she was.

It's only a 25 meter range, with the targets set in metal frames and set out/back on a cable pulley system. Wasn't built very stable though. Anyone bumping the shooting booths would cause all the cables to sway, and even a light breeze would cause the targets to swing.

Not sure on the price, as we used a couple different handguns (including some personal ones) and a whack of ammo (they actually ran out of 9mm, which pretty much ended the outing for us). I wouldn't swear to it, but I think I paid 1,000 baht for 50 rounds of 9mm and the use of their Glock. Most of their weapons were .38s and 9mms (and .22 rifles).

There is also a small shooting range on the way out to Highway 36. A kilometer or two after turning off Sukhumvit (heading towards the highway), on the left side, are signs for an Elephant (camp ? show ? can't remember). Went there with a Thai buddy. There were a couple of bus loads of (Asian) tourists and it seems they have some sort of package deal (elephant ride, fire a weapon on the range, maybe some kind of show thrown in as well).

Just after we arrived a bus load of them trooped into the (small) shooting range and got to pick a rifle or hand gun to fire. The staff put up paper targets for each of them which they got to keep afterwards. Kind of funny watching some little Japanese girl trying to hold up a M-16 style rifle that wasn't much shorter than she was.

It's only a 25 meter range, with the targets set in metal frames and set out/back on a cable pulley system. Wasn't built very stable though. Anyone bumping the shooting booths would cause all the cables to sway, and even a light breeze would cause the targets to swing.

Not sure on the price, as we used a couple different handguns (including some personal ones) and a whack of ammo (they actually ran out of 9mm, which pretty much ended the outing for us). I wouldn't swear to it, but I think I paid 1,000 baht for 50 rounds of 9mm and the use of their Glock. Most of their weapons were .38s and 9mms (and .22 rifles).

I was there last year , you are right , 1,000Baht for 50 rounds & when I was there they had a Colt .45 I tried . Mainly 9mm though & when I went to Tiffanys they refused to hire to me because I was alone..............????

The Baht Taxi Driver was the one that told me about the Range at the Elephant Camp. The range is indeed small & the Targets unstable , but , not a bad challenge & I was the only shooter as the Bus load that arrived while I was there were touring the show first . I did notice though that the attendants were VERY watchful about the direction the Barrels were pointing. I'm into safety.

:o

I was there last year , you are right , 1,000Baht for 50 rounds & when I was there they had a Colt .45 I tried . Mainly 9mm though & when I went to Tiffanys they refused to hire to me because I was alone..............????

Too many farangs have shown up alone there and confused the head on the target with their own head.

I did notice though that the attendants were VERY watchful about the direction the Barrels were pointing. I'm into safety.

I watched how they managed things as well. Not quite the strict control I was used to in the West, but enough to make it reasonably safe (especially with those bus loads of women and kids and inexperienced tourists).

Might head out there again today or tomorrow depending on the weather. Probably good to get there early in case they run short on ammo again.