The Off Topic Thread

bkkjames

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looked something like this but it had the ants with wings in it. Also have eaten ant eggs and taste good.

I not hungry and think I have eaten a bit too much actually, what to do about that? :o

Edited by AlexLah

Jeeeeeeeez, CB, now for sure the Thai peeps on TV have definative proof that us white long nosed smelly and ugly skin humans are indeed what they had always thought.

A bunch of loonies........

:o

I think it could work when the two put together and squeeze a bit more lemon on it to make it freshy taste.

Mmmmmmm, maybe I can make it myself tomorrow.

So funny I made for my Thai team green curry once but a litlle bit less heavy by using a bit more lemon and some other stuff.

So I served and the first reaction, color not same, is different!

Me: Did you try and taste.

Them: Is different, not same same.

Me: Taste it you cry babies!

Ok, they taste and everybody slurp slurp alloy maak maaaaaaaaaak, almost eat ther fingers, ha ha!

For your info my brother is a famous cook in Holland and he learned me some basic secrets of cooking and what can be combined with what for any kitchen be it French,Spanish, Mexican, almost anything yes and that includes Thai food.

Sure if it is a new dish I need to know what goes in and once I have made original recipe then I can if needed modify the taste for next time.

Cooking really is not difficult once you understand the basics of food and how to prepare and mix it.

I posted a while ago some very easy to make one pot dishes in the food forum and everybody liked them.

mmmm, maybe I should better start a restaurant.

They do same in Issan!!!!

They catch anything that crawls and if it is insect they fry it like beetles, scorpio, grasshopper, rats they catch and BBQ.

So once in Issan I (with help of friend) asked old oma how come they do this there and she explained me that in the old days there was not a lot of food available so the locals started to look for alternative food sources and they found insect and stuff are good to eat.

Look at Zimbabwe, the people are so poor they eat grass!

Same my father during WW2 he sometimes was eating flowers and flower bulbs because all dogs cats and rats where eaten already.

Very interesting also in Russia a long time ago there was also a famine and the people started to eat all the cows and as a result there was not enough manure to fertilise the land and as result the yield of the crops went down dramatically. Millions and millions of people died that time as a result.

Similar is happening now but you do not hear it in the media but there are huge problems with droughts and damaged crops all over the world, yields of wheat and corn and stuff dramatically down.

Interesting times.

Fry it!!!!!!

And eat.

It is very funny you know, my friend is very scared about snake but not insect like spider.

She can pick up any crawling insect like spider beetle scorpio but when confronted with snake she run and yell.

I can pick up snake but not insect.

You know we have free program in Holland Zoo for people that scared about spider or snake. They put them in room with guide and slowly get the insect or animal closer to them and it works very well.

Not sure if I ever want to try let big spider crawl over me..... :o