Hong Kong Gateway To Shenzhen

Knightsbridge

As mentioned previously we're visiting HK as of this Saturday for 5 days. One day intend to cross the boarder to shenzshen to check out the Folk culture village and sample the apparently incredibly cheap shpping mall...

would it be best to go on an organsied tour or just hop on the train and d-i-y?

any commet would be useful...

Thanks

Kwong is correect, avoid the Lo Wu (the main border crossing) or the others at weekends, it is chaotic and busy.

Taking the KCR railway from Kowloon to Lo Wu is a doddle and crossing the border is also easy, but dont forget you will probably require a China Visa.

I note you are staying 5 days, if I may make a suggestion, why dont you stay one night in Shenzhen, the hotels there are very good and much cheaper than HK

As mentioned previously we're visiting HK as of this Saturday for 5 days. One day intend to cross the boarder to shenzshen to check out the Folk culture village and sample the apparently incredibly cheap shpping mall...

Thanks

Hi

I might be headed to Shenzhen in Dec for the 1st time to do some buying.

How about a trip report? :o

Visas, taxis, hotels, food!

It would be useful to some of us.

cheers

gd

Hey, sorry, didn't get to China as we ran out time to prep for a China visa... it'll have to be for a next time....have you gone into http://www.discoverhongkong.com/eng/tourin...ina/index.jhtml ? That's useful starting info... all i do know is that china is still frigid on china visas from since the Olympics. Can get a valid 90 day that will only let you in for 5 days. Used to be easy to get in from HK, but no more...

but once you're visa'd up you can just hp across the HK boarder (Lo Wu) and easily take a bus from the station to the various cultural villages...

wotif.com has a forum that shares some more useful stuff

Please share your expereinces when you come back...

Thanks

Thanks

Hi

I might be headed to Shenzhen in Dec for the 1st time to do some buying.

How about a trip report? :o

Visas, taxis, hotels, food!

It would be useful to some of us.

cheers

gd

I got a multiple entry 6 month tourist visa in Bkk, it was easy like the old days. The Olympic paranoia seems to be over, I just filled in the form, and came back the next day and paid and got my passport back with visa inside.