Child Birth

MrPlumbs

That's cutting it a bit fine eh?

Has your wife been seeing an Ob/Gyn or had any pre- natal checkups? If so, they should be able to recommend something but to be honest, your budget is only around 300 bucks so don't think you will have any margin for errors or excesses locally. Quality of care would trump price when it comes to the newborn and mothers well being IMHO. You may have to go further into the boonies than Banglamung to fit your budget.

Good luck anyway!

That's cutting it a bit fine eh?

Has your wife been seeing an Ob/Gyn or had any pre- natal checkups? If so, they should be able to recommend something but to be honest, your budget is only around 300 bucks so don't think you will have any margin for errors or excesses locally. Quality of care would trump price when it comes to the newborn and mothers well being IMHO. You may have to go further into the boonies than Banglamung to fit your budget.

Good luck anyway!

Oh yes, we have been to the pre-natal clinic on Pattaya Klang regularly, the Doc there works at banglamuang,

just after anybody who has had experience there. I can raise 1 or 2 more thousand baht....

A friend had a caesarian at Banglamung a couple of years ago and the doctor requested some tip (payoff ?) afterwards. They had a private room for a few days and I have in my head something in the mid teens, but that could have been for the anti natal care as well.

Don't know your story but you've had 9 months to raise cash for this and you've managed Bt1000 a month ? What the heck are you going to do for baby food, nappies and clothes etc. and then immunization ? what if complications ? Maybe your computer should go to the pawn shop if you really have nothing left to sell. Had a beer in the last 9 months ?

Sorry, but I feel sorry for the kid already.

Don't know your story but

Moss

Agreed I don't know but I do know this.

If the OP was so poor that he knew he would not have enough to even pay for delivery then he should not have conceived or kept the baby. If he had some money then it should have been put aside. If he was saving then he has saved only 10k in 8 months. If he has lost the lot in the last week then what was he thinking when he knew a kiddy was on the way ?

My missus got pregnant in October 2006. We decided to have the baby. We or should I say I worked out the 20+ year implications. Within 2 weeks we had details of all relevant birth packages and anti natal costs.

You don't wake up one morning and find out your missus is having a baby in a week do you ?

I know where you are coming from but this is irresponsibility taken to new extremes.

Moss

If the OP was so poor that he knew he would not have enough to even pay for delivery then he should not have conceived or kept the baby. If he had some money then it should have been put aside. If he was saving then he has saved only 10k in 8 months. If he has lost the lot in the last week then what was he thinking when he knew a kiddy was on the way ?

My missus got pregnant in October 2006. We decided to have the baby. We or should I say I worked out the 20+ year implications. Within 2 weeks we had details of all relevant birth packages and anti natal costs.

You don't wake up one morning and find out your missus is having a baby in a week do you ?

I know where you are coming from but this is irresponsibility taken to new extremes.

Watch your blood pressure now torre.

I reckon extreme irresponsibility is the mayor cutting down the trees on beach road because he thinks it will bring back the tourists.

Plumbs! Show me the baby!

(In all fairness to Mr. Plumbs, if he is a dad now... and we know he is, I doubt he will be posting here anytime soon).

Edited by NanLaew

Moss

I am not saying I wholly disagree with you, if there is nothing else to the story, it would appear a little negligent, but any number of things could have happened, he might even have the money for future care but have it locked up in short/long term investments.

Pure speculation mind.

and yeah, baby girl, all good :o

Foxy,

Are you Plumbs in disguise? Or the good lady herself, if you are, you are one brave lady to be on here so soon, or a friend?

If any of the above, thanks for the info, hope the mother is doing good too.

Good Luck

Moss