The Penalty Spot - Sukhumvit

mrtoad

The bar is linked to both the Tilac bar and country rd on soi cowboy

the female "boss" is also numer 2 at tillac and some of the girls who worked at country rd moved over there....one NUNG is a large chested long haired girl who is a favourite with the farangs and was sent over to the bar to liven things up a bit.

just make sure you aint that drunk and be on your guard as with most bkk bars

Joined today, first post is resurrecting a 6 month old thread.

Why?

I think I know why. It's this new "similar topics" feature at the bottom of the page. Maybe he was reading another thread, noticed this one and didn't check the date. I've been caught out like this a few times myself - not that it really matters.

Topic? Oh, yeah, I went to Penalty Spot once and will not rush back. Sat outside and spent most of my time wiping Sukhumvit grime off the table with a barmaid slumped over the next table watching me.

I went in here last Saturday afternoon. It's a nice looking place with loads of potential, but I agree with the comments about the staff. When I was in there they had a screeching 2 year old kid running around the tables being chased by 2 or 3 screaming bargirls.

I went in with the intention of trying the food, reading the paper and having a few beers but I ended up swigging down my beer and leaving ASAP. Apart from me and the girlfriend there was only one other guy in there and he also necked his beer and left before me. I hope they get it right because apart from that it seemed like a decent place to relax and watch the sport.

You don't have kids I take it? :)

it must be called "Penalty..." for a reason, i can also reccomend a guesthouse i have seen in Cambodia called something like "Your Last Home" , great choices for the names!

I went in here last Saturday afternoon. It's a nice looking place with loads of potential, but I agree with the comments about the staff. When I was in there they had a screeching 2 year old kid running around the tables being chased by 2 or 3 screaming bargirls.

I went in with the intention of trying the food, reading the paper and having a few beers but I ended up swigging down my beer and leaving ASAP. Apart from me and the girlfriend there was only one other guy in there and he also necked his beer and left before me. I hope they get it right because apart from that it seemed like a decent place to relax and watch the sport.

I do have a kid myself, and to be fair I would not take her to a drinking place.

Not only is it not an appropriate place for a kid to be, but people go to such places to relax and if I was trying to chill with some toddlers running about tearing the place up then I would likely go elsewhere.

Like most bars - there is good and bad. Penalty Spot is a great place for a game of pool, smokers are outside if you want to watch all manner of sports (not like Soi 8 Pub) and the girls are 'okay' with maybe a bit too much attitude. Beers are reasonably priced for the venue which sports live entertainment that is not over the top and too frickin' loud like most bars where conversation is all but impossible. Decor is fine and heaven forbid - the hong-naams clean and respectable with real toilet sets, flush hoses and actually - date wipe!

So if some go in and get double dipped (and I frequent the place about once a month and never had that experience) there is usually a reason for it. Not the least of which could be actually a mistake, poor communication, the drunk beside you put his tab in your jar and so on.

As far as bars go - it is not my favourite but certainly far better than anything in Cowboy or Nana amongst all the desperates and pedophiles!!

Drink, drink too much, drink drunk and you deserve anything that befalls you.

I do have a kid myself, and to be fair I would not take her to a drinking place.

Not only is it not an appropriate place for a kid to be, but people go to such places to relax and if I was trying to chill with some toddlers running about tearing the place up then I would likely go elsewhere.

You obviously don't have kids - my two kids love the bars and the attention they get as lekreung. Even my wife has become happy to visit as they provide built in baby sitters. Ever consider bar girls have kids? Nearly every bar girl in Thailand over 20 have had a 'mistake'. This does not mean they all can afford maids or have mums at the room looking after these unfortunate kids with little or no future. So they bring them to work where there are a few baby sitters! At least in the Penalty Spot they get a chance of not getting trampled but yes, a little discipline would not go stray - can't say I have ever seen any bubs running amok in Cowboy or Nana but there they would most likely get trampled! :D

Lighten up - life is short and these kids would probably appreciate a hug or two from Farang every now and then who speak a few words of English. You could always go hang with the other observers if the bar is not to your liking. Try the Robin Hood up the road. :D

You obviously don't have kids - my two kids love the bars and the attention they get as lekreung. Even my wife has become happy to visit as they provide built in baby sitters. Ever consider bar girls have kids? Nearly every bar girl in Thailand over 20 have had a 'mistake'. This does not mean they all can afford maids or have mums at the room looking after these unfortunate kids with little or no future. So they bring them to work where there are a few baby sitters! At least in the Penalty Spot they get a chance of not getting trampled but yes, a little discipline would not go stray - can't say I have ever seen any bubs running amok in Cowboy or Nana but there they would most likely get trampled! :D

Lighten up - life is short and these kids would probably appreciate a hug or two from Farang every now and then who speak a few words of English. You could always go hang with the other observers if the bar is not to your liking. Try the Robin Hood up the road. :D

Read the first six words that I wrote again.

If your kids love running about in a pub/bar then good for them but I'd guess that a fair number of the patrons wouldn't feel the same, you won't catch me in there.

I think you missed the point that I was making mate.