Simple Gps Unit Needed

photojourn

I've been contracted to perform some work for a website that requires GPS coordinates for a number of locations around Chiang Mai.

I've seen the Garmin Nuvi 200 for sale at Panthip Plazza but seem to recall it had a price of around Bt14,000. This is extremely expensive compared to the selling price of the same unti in the US or Australia.

The client has said they will either send the money for the unit or send a unit if the price here is over the top.

I've already explained to them the CIS nature of imports.

All they require is Long. & Lat. coordinates. Does anyone know of anything else being sold in Chiang Mai and where. Maps are not necessary. Just the ability to provide accurate coordinates.

Thanks

You can get the Garmin Nuvi at gps4you.net in bangers for 9,900Bt

They can have a unit in CM the next day after ordering

I am sure the E-Trex would be a bit cheaper there as well.

P.S I have supported both shops previously and have no affiliation with either.

You can get the Garmin Nuvi at gps4you.net in bangers for 9,900Bt

I just saw that model, same price, in the TV Classifieds. Said it was available on the 3rd floor Pantip in Chiangmai.

GPS Nuvi 200

Thanks for that. Very helpful. Price might have come down because of the new Nuvi 205.

Still about double of $US 140 that they can be got for in the US though :o

I think the client will probably end up sending one.

Thanks again for all the information everyone

If you are at Eagle GPS shop in Chiang Mai at Pantip Plaza, ask to see the 401 Forerunner. I use one on my bicycle and it gives you LAT and LONG when you put it in Navigation mode. Price is 7000 baht or so and it is a very simple unit. No internal map, just your own rabbit-track and the capability to see your vector and lat/long. Great little unit and mine has been trouble-free for three years. Charges off the USB port of your computer when you download data.