Where Is Gold Going In This Market

It was when naam said, quite some pages ago now, that he holds 10% in gold that I realised if naam, the devil's advocate of anti gold and pro paper markets, was holding 10% = my tiny % holding was woefully under weight and I needed to do some serious re-evaluation.

that is not quite correct "mccw". we hold something like 7-8% of our liquid capital in gold and my plan is to increase that to max 10% whereas the Mrs would like that we increase to min 20%. but nothing is chiseled in stone. an investor has to be flexible and adjust to a changing ambiente (e.g. a crash) if need arises within a day or even hours.

well, keeping that amount of gold capital in liquid would explain your high electric bills! sleep.png

so you think i keep "that amount" in my home? huh.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was when naam said, quite some pages ago now, that he holds 10% in gold that I realised if naam, the devil's advocate of anti gold and pro paper markets, was holding 10% = my tiny % holding was woefully under weight and I needed to do some serious re-evaluation.

that is not quite correct "mccw". we hold something like 7-8% of our liquid capital in gold and my plan is to increase that to max 10% whereas the Mrs would like that we increase to min 20%. but nothing is chiseled in stone. an investor has to be flexible and adjust to a changing ambiente (e.g. a crash) if need arises within a day or even hours.

well, keeping that amount of gold capital in liquid would explain your high electric bills! sleep.png

so you think i keep "that amount" in my home? huh.png

point taken.....much more secure in a texan fort....wink.png

also interesting.............

The price ofgold is headed for extinction. I for one don’t believe that the price of gold is headed for five digits. Long before that might happen,permanent backwardation* would shut down the gold futures markets. Gold

could no longer be purchased at any price. Gold would only be available through barter. World trade is facing an avalanche-like transformation flattening out monetary economy into barter economy.

http://www.thedailybell.com/29047/Anthony-Wile-Antal-Fekete-Gold-Backwardation-and-the-Collapse-of-the-Tacoma-Bridge

May hit top of 1300s but that's even better for more buying. I'm still bullish for high 1500s after summer.

I've been buying in and out since 800.

Never hold gold in a market controlled by central banks.

Buy and sell at your best price points. That's buying Thai Baht in and out with the 100 Baht spread.

Not futures. Not ETFs.

I have bought and sold since 12000 Thai Baht and don't feel any risk since I take delivery.

All the Thai Gold shops are SOLD OUT of bullion...next week will be a run to buy more. Thais love buying on dips and love showing off their bars of gold.

Soi 10 Sukhumvit shop has same prices as Chinatown.

Mr. Hong there is very honest. I've bought and sold hundreds of T.B. gold from him and never had one problem

Do NOT buy in Pattaya. .they will rape you on wiindow price and fees.

PM me for any help.

I am not a gold bug. I would buy and sell sticks if there was a two way market and no paper trail.

All the Thai Gold shops are SOLD OUT of bullion...next week will be a run to buy more. Thais love buying on dips and love showing off their bars of gold.

Mr. Hong there is very honest. I've bought and sold hundreds of T.B. gold from him and never had one problem

PM me for any help.

I am not a gold bug. I would buy and sell sticks if there was a two way market and no paper trail.

maybe but that's not a buying that will change the price.

^ mrs wang and mrs wattabea are said to have stopped the gold crash with 300tons of physical purchases in two weeks of the dip- bringing the price back to close to where it started. So all the other mrs in Asia combined can be said to be moving the market. If Bangkok is selling out you can be sure shanghai etc are too

^ when using those names the media are referring to the power of middle class and rich housewives of china (wang) and the more established watabae (Japan)

A bit of googling will bring up many articles about this

^ Effect of thier buying power I mean.

Through the "lost decade" mrs watabae was said to be holding up the Japanese bond market. Mrs wang is new to the scene and the phase coined during this asian physical gold buying spree and then data showed that "mrs watabae" was buying heavily aswell.

(Excuse my spelling(

PM me for any help.

sent from whom to whom? huh.png

Sent from me to you...was a play on the Sent from my N7000 Galaxy Note Via Thai Visa Blah Blah Blah.

Get over yourself ...you are NOT 12.

Stop bashing and have a gold discussion.

I'm not your lemming like some others.

This is a forum...not your CULT.

Sent from me to you...was a play on the Sent from my N7000 Galaxy Note Via Thai Visa Blah Blah Blah.

Naam is very smart, and very experienced in some areas. He can actually be very interesting and enjoyable to discuss things with when you can get him to discuss.

Oh Naaaam? :)

Now, just as soon as I find someone who really knows where gold is going in this market, I'll be rich. :)

How is anyone of us to know when it is so manipulated? With wheat or cattle I can see weather trends, read up on who has how much inventory, and know that two years from now it will all be used up and a new crop coming on. If there are droughts and feed prices are going up I know cattle prices will drop. Drop? Yep because ranchers will unload the cattle before they pay too much for feed. Then I can guess that cattle prices will rise because that created a temporary shortage. It cycles as a commodity that's a consumable.

There are real events, real usage, real happenings and people and animals eat the stuff.

Gold? I sit on silver and gold forever. I plan to die with it. If I didn't, I'd lose a lot of sleep.

PM me for any help.

sent from whom to whom? huh.png
Do identities matter?

A good story...

http://m.apnews.mobi/ap/db_6723/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=wbMlVoXl

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

and yet.................?

" One must wonder how Vietnam, a country where gold investing between 2011-2012 accounted for over 3% of GDP, has handled the global dash for gold in recent weeks.

The country’s central bank and citizens hold more gold per capita than India and China, and they have been unable to benefit as well as their neighbours from the low gold prices. Whilst gold shortages induced premiums to be charged in both India and China, they were not to the extent seen in Vietnam.

Here, the gold market is heavily regulated and the central bank has been unable to keep up with gold demand. As a result premiums on gold have reached as high as 20% above the global spot price."

http://maxkeiser.com/2013/05/10/vietnams-gold-fighting-government/#more-67033

Buying gold is like the DESTINATION VS. JOURNET THEORY.

If you invest with a destination price in mind like $2000...you will go crazy.

If you buy like I do.its a beautiful journey.

Example...I bought at 800...sold at 1200.

I missed 1200 to 1300.

Bought more at 1300 sold at 1700.

Bought more on a dip and rode up to 1900...there I totally ducked up

And didn't sell...I was under the 2000 spell.

I learned not to do that again!

Now I only buy on pullbacks...sell on higher price and never look at some far away price.

The $50,000 I changed into Baht was at 37 per dollar.

So now its worth over 3 million baht

And I can buy dollars at around 29.

Not shabby. I am sharing my experience buying Thai Baht gold.

My first buy was below 12200 and is way up.

My only paper loss was when I followed the crowd and didn't sell and got greedy.

Please no bashing...this is an investor forum about gold...not preschool.

Buying gold is like the DESTINATION VS. JOURNET THEORY.

If you invest with a destination price in mind like $2000...you will go crazy.

If you buy like I do.its a beautiful journey.

Example...I bought at 800...sold at 1200.

I missed 1200 to 1300.

Bought more at 1300 sold at 1700.

Bought more on a dip and rode up to 1900...there I totally ducked up

And didn't sell...I was under the 2000 spell.

I learned not to do that again!

Now I only buy on pullbacks...sell on higher price and never look at some far away price.

The $50,000 I changed into Baht was at 37 per dollar.

So now its worth over 3 million baht

And I can buy dollars at around 29.

Not shabby. I am sharing my experience buying Thai Baht gold.

My first buy was below 12200 and is way up.

My only paper loss was when I followed the crowd and didn't sell and got greedy.

Please no bashing...this is an investor forum about gold...not preschool.

Hang on!

You speak of gold prices in $, then you tell us how you profited in baht.

But according to your little gold buying history, you are in gold, not baht.

Are you double dipping by any chance?

Edited by cheeryble

if you admit that you made a silly forecast and when this was mentioned, not only misbehaved like a spoiled child but even retaliated with "wise cracks and smart asses" i will stop pulling your leg. but that is of course out of question as your latest postings prove and you have to live with my comments whether you like it or not.

sent from me to you tongue.png

Cheer ie....in Thailand Baht is money but THAI BAHT GOLD is also a way they measure...like our use of ounce or Troy Ounce.

I brought US money here at 37 Baht to the dollar.

I bought Baht.

With that Baht I bought THAI BAHT GOLD.

I hope you understand.

Sorry I hit submit.

So now I am in gold and cash/ Baht waiting for ups and downs.

If I decide to convert to dollars I will make money on the difference between 37 and 29.