• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Too little too late ......again sleepy.gif

*Failout*

http://ftalphaville...._medium=twitter

Print Print Print .. Doom Doom Doom ...sad.png

the paranoia of goldbugs and their expectations "print=doom" is fascinating.

they don't seem to know that

-there's no printing going on

and that

-electronically created cash cannot create doom (goldbugs equate doom=inflation) without seeping into the pockets of those who will spend it and create inflation/doom.

oh well... whistling.gif

Not if you are a scalper and are paying attention to the charts instead of posting on TV. tongue.png

scalper? ...gimme a break! coffee1.gif look at the charts, deduct bid/ask spreads and fees and then tell me something about "no loss".

Short EURUSD.

presently with the result "nothing to rave about".

It's in profit.. better than a loss...

it was in profit.

I shorted the EURUSD and set my tp to the Friday close level. I shorted the gap. This netted me 135 pips and it 100% closed in a profit. Also, since when is 135 pips considered a scalp?

Had I have not closed the trade it would be in even more profit now... since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, I have included a current snapshot of my EURUSD H1 chart

post-32036-0-53828500-1339471377_thumb.g

Edited by Jayman

I shorted the EURUSD and set my tp to the Friday close level. I shorted the gap. This netted me 135 pips and it 100% closed in a profit. Also, since when is 135 pips considered a scalp?

did the "pips" help to finance an aircon?

KeyserSoze01, on Today, 03:36 , said: Not if you are a scalper
Edited by Naam

Actually, that 1 trade paid for the aircon smartass

dam_n Naam... I actually thought that despite your condescending attitude that you might actually have some knowledge of the things you criticize. Thanks for bursting my bubble and showing me you are really just another armchair expert with very little real knowledge of the things you take much time to talk down.

Edited by Jayman

dam_n Naam... I actually thought that despite your condescending attitude that you might actually have some knowledge of the things you criticize. Thanks for bursting my bubble and showing me you are really just another armchair expert with very little real knowledge of the things you take much time to talk down.

Horses for courses as the Brits say. No need to be testy with each other. Gap trading (ewspecially in the American opening of this global market) is a excellet very short term trading strategy. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but then what does? It implies nothing to what may occur even one day later. It's all good. The question I have is how many air cons = one of those sexy sweet classic XKE's?

don't force me to post a link to embarassing details such as "a hundred dollars help with the monthly budget". in this respect the proverb applies "he who sits in a glasshouse should not throw stones at other people!"

perhaps i have "little knowledge of things" but it's the bottom line of a portfolio that counts, and that is $$$ not empty "pips".

"pips" profit case closed. next please!

don't force me to post a link to embarassing details such as "a hundred dollars help with the monthly budget". in this respect the proverb applies "he who sits in a glasshouse should not throw stones at other people!"

perhaps i have "little knowledge of things" but it's the bottom line of a portfolio that counts, and that is $$$ not empty "pips".

"pips" profit case closed. next please!

embarrassing details that I wanted to save money on a new A/C unit? I'd hardly call that embarrassing. Or maybe you are pointing to the fact that we used our SCB credit card for an additional 3% discount? Or maybe it was the 4 months of 0% that we are forced to accept when we used said credit card? None of this embarrasses me mate. I work for my money and as such I don't go throwing it away. A hundred dollars saved to me is not something to be embarrassed about. I think anyone that spends frivolously is the fool.

What should be embarrassing is the fact that you have absolutely NO clue what a pip is and yet you claim to be so "established" in the financial markets. It is very clear that you have no clue. You have far to much time on your hands in your old age to just sit around and criticize all around you and when you can't find enough you come to TVF and rack up over 18000 posts of nonsense.

What should be embarrassing is the fact that you have absolutely NO clue what a pip...

when i learned what a "pip" is you must have been still shitting in your pampers laugh.png

Yes.. you're old.. we get it mate..

case closed..

Too little too late ......again sleepy.gif

*Failout*

http://ftalphaville...._medium=twitter

Print Print Print .. Doom Doom Doom ...sad.png

the paranoia of goldbugs and their expectations "print=doom" is fascinating.

they don't seem to know that

-there's no printing going on

and that

-electronically created cash cannot create doom (goldbugs equate doom=inflation) without seeping into the pockets of those who will spend it and create inflation/doom.

oh well... whistling.gif

It's OK today I'm sure everything is solved .....BUY BUY BUY biggrin.png

but wait

Now they’ve shut Italy off from the markets…

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/blog/2012/06/12/1038981/now-theyve-shut-italy-off-from-the-markets/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

and what is Prosser saying .. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/9324565/Central-banks-should-buy-assets-other-than-government-bonds-says-Bank-of-Englands-Adam-Posen.html

FXCTIT Sell yesterday buy today . Capital Controls , border controls

Jump this way or that ,, Buy sell buy sell sell buy blink.png

Who Knows ... Nobody knows smile.png

I think at this point that is the chant to remember.

I cannot help but feel deja vu circa 2000-2002 Nasdaq

Different circumstances in many ways but still bubble related.

Those folks are still waiting & chanting it is not a loss if I don't sell.

Something like 5 trillion....whoosh

Edited by flying

Are you saying Gold in that bubble in the present climate ?

I remember buying what became smartlodgic at 104 UK Pence .... for them to go bust ...dodgy deals ..

But I also remember buying a firm called 9th Floor , !!! I think at 4 p which I sold at 78 P

I have held mining shares for the last 5 years or so through ups and downs and always managed to sell on the way up ... but if paniced could have sold for a lot less ... I don't think this is a time to be selling PM related assets..

I remember buying what became smartlodgic at 104 UK Pence .... for them to go bust ...dodgy deals ..

But I also remember buying a firm called 9th Floor , !!! I think at 4 p which I sold at 78 P

I have held mining shares for the last 5 years or so through ups and downs and always managed to sell on the way up ... but if paniced could have sold for a lot less ... I don't think this is a time to be selling PM related assets..

I too agree that this is no time to panic sell physical gold. Day trading futures and trying to profit on the ups and downs is a different story.

The longer term bull cycle is still going on and all the technicians will agree. Gold will have to fall much lower before the claim can be made that the long term bull cycle has ended.

Who, What, Why: How would Greece switch currencies?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18279522

If I was Greek w00t.gif I would not be buying euros or usd but gold to protect my savings .. and I would vote to stay free ..

Churchill said of the Greeks 'First Greece taught us that free men can be brave, and that no defeat is meant to last forever. This small nation proved to be worthy of its history.'

I do not include physical gold ..... but then again I do not think many with physical look at it as an investment...myself included.

Although I was more than happy with its rise in value these last 4-5 years....Silver too ;)

IF.......When these markets get slammed everything will go

Banks are on a razors edge now..... IMO

Runs could be possible & the markets would suffer for years to come.

I also think the biggest free fall in Real Estate has yet to arrive in the global village

If I were in the markets I tend to think I would be looking at ag/food stocks

Again this is just a personal feeling & not any form of advice to buy or sell....

Personally I have zero invested in the markets

Admiration to those who dart in & out successfully

'Personally I have zero invested in the markets'

You have $$

$ - THB & AU....sadly no AG now living in Thailand

count your blessings Flying. Thai VAT on AG has a positive effect on you. no more backbreaking heavy loads wheelbarrowing around between basement and barn.

count your blessings Flying. Thai VAT on AG has a positive effect on you. no more backbreaking heavy loads wheelbarrowing around between basement and barn.

Tis true my back is getting better :)