Where Is Gold Going In This Market

Perhaps in a perverse way it is the Bundesbank's fault ! .... as people sell paper gold ... the majority will invest elsewhere ...certainly as prices are falling.. and buying Physical is not as easy . Paulson/Soros & Co trade mostly paper...For now ! .... it seems more pm investors are requiring delivery and want to hold physical...

I am riding it out , not selling ....perhaps to regret ..but who knows what is around the corner ..

but I have property investments that just seem to be picking up as PM's are declining .... So I suppose a balanced portfolio:blink:

An interesting long read for those interested apart from Naam smile.pnghttp://fofoa.blogspot.com/2013/02/checkmate.html

Looking at that blog you just know the gold bugs are in disarray when they start harping on about paper gold messing thingsup and you must stick to the gold coins and bars strategy which as we all know yields a different type of zero income.

Well I admit ...certainly a confusing time for 'Gold Bugs' ....

I find it difficult to believe that this is the end of the bull market and is only a hick-up .....violin.gif

I sold on the way up & made good profits ...but last traded last May & so have also being holding on the way down & I held dot com stocks from over 100% profit to zero & hope that this is not the same sad.png

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naam

• flying

• churchill

• midas

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sold my gold,at 25.750.00bht weight.

Today bought back 22.200.00.

Thinking it can't go much lower.

Fingers crossed.

Made some good profit over the last few years.

Hope I can repeat previous,scores.

Good luck to amateur traders.

Gold has to be a good buy long term but maybe not just yet.

It might fall further in the short term but with the US/Japan/Europe intent on printing more money sooner or later gold will be back in favour.

I see a lot of the rise of the stock market as a result of continual printing of money in the US. Sooner or later this is all going to come to head.

Google sites I follow.

Gold price.org.

Thai gold price.

The first gives American price.

The Thai site,up to date daily price,futures,plus graphs of previous years trading prices,

Thai gold site is my preferred.

As a previous poster mentioned,now I think it is a longer term investment,rather than the last couple years,when good money could be made in a couple of months or so.

In Phitsanulok.

2bht,5bht 10bht weight are in short supply.

Or traders want to up the price.

Either The Thais are buying,or the traders are hoarding,not wanting to sell at a loss,the latter,you can't blame them for that.

To me, gold is only a way to store wealth, and with some risk at that. You can't eat gold and you can't draw interest on it. You can't burn it in your car's fuel tank and you can't feed it to farm animals. It doesn't in itself generate any new wealth and it can't multiply itself.

Gold can do only two things for me. It can store wealth with risk, and it can give at least a perceived defense against the wild printing of fiat money.

But almost any commodity could give some defense against the printing of fiat money. If such printing creates inflation (which means only that the value of the money declines) then one might think that most commodities would rise in price against that money.

Some of those alternate commodities actually earn money while they are held and while their value goes up against currencies.

I can't get too excited about gold. I think the world markets are echoing that. Even nations which are buying gold are buying for the long pull, and not quick speculation. They are buying to store wealth long term.

I'm not saying that gold can't go up and show profits. I'm just saying that unless it does, or unless held long term, there are better and more understandable investments which will pump out cash every quarter.

What is it in our history which causes gold to be seen as the ultimate, as opposed to good producing farm land? The farm land's value can at least be weighed against its potential income.

Never sure.

My gold investments aren't in cold storage.

I trade as and when with consistent returns 10% plus on investment.

I have a portfolio of property in the Uk,plus a freehold business in Thailand that returned a not unsubstantial investment in 5 years.

Gold 10% growth/Bank interest 2.75%.

Its an interest and an earner.

I don't eat the gold,but can eat off the profit.

Also I don't own a farm,and wouldn't know where to start.

What is it in our history which causes gold to be seen as the ultimate,
as opposed to good producing farm land? The farm land's value can at
least be weighed against its potential income.

you can't walk away with your farm land when there's trouble. you can only with great difficulties protect the crops which grow on your farm land when there's trouble. the taxman can tax your farmland if so inclined. he can't tax the gold you buried in your back garden.

I like low cost gold producers as a hedge and the are quite cheap at the moment.

Silver Lake Resources listed on the ASX as SLR is a good example and there are a few others like Troy that are undervalued at the moment.

They will do very nicely when this false bull stock market runs out of steam.

It pays to be a contrarian investor.

Beppe Grillo

Convicted of manslaughter for 3 passengers in his car.

Personally I'd prefer an honest free speaking entertainer turned politician over most of the crap career politicians who double speak & only think short term votes or banga banga blink.png or Berlusconi entertainer turned clown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT0_AWy4Ij4

Edited by churchill

Beppe Grillo

Convicted of manslaughter for 3 passengers in his car.

Personally I'd prefer an honest free speaking entertainer turned politician over most of the crap career politicians who double speak & only think short term votes or banga banga blink.png or Berlusconi entertainer turned clown

You are, of course, referring to the Beppo Grillo who swanned around in a Ferrari and personal motor boat while he wasn't killing the passengers in his car.