1 Month California Wow Membership

spiderman2

Hi Spiderman2, I was wondering how these plans went:

Are they happening as we speak, or is it just another sad "The best laid plans of mice and men" story?

Ive been here 2 weeks after getting stuck in the airport troubles, so far ive wandered around Thailand looking for somewhere to spend time, ive pissed it up for 2 weeks in Patts, BKK and Chiang Mai before eventually returning.

Anyway the regime started yesterday and last night i drank coke and water to be ready for todays workouts, so long as i have the sense to stay off the beer then i reckon it will happen.

I went to Tony's gym but they wanted something like 3700bht a month for the main gym (3rd rd.), the smaller gym (soi 16) which i went to once is about 1000bht a month, but some of the leg machines didnt seem much cop IMO, a good gym for the price though.

As for the scenery at WoW, if any of it is looking to abuse any male gym members i reckon im well in, on the basis all the men in there apart from me are gay, maybe this is why there are so many ladyboys in Patts.

do thais get a hometown discount as well? :o

Due to their pushy nature, the sales people are obviously paid heavily on commission as opposed to a salary, so id have thought theyd charge everyone as much as they can.

Its a good gym but not really your fluffy towels, jacuzzis, steam rooms and total luxury which i was expecting.

Hi Spiderman2, I was wondering how these plans went:

Are they happening as we speak, or is it just another sad "The best laid plans of mice and men" story?

Ive been here 2 weeks after getting stuck in the airport troubles, so far ive wandered around Thailand looking for somewhere to spend time, ive pissed it up for 2 weeks in Patts, BKK and Chiang Mai before eventually returning.

Anyway the regime started yesterday and last night i drank coke and water to be ready for todays workouts, so long as i have the sense to stay off the beer then i reckon it will happen.

I went to Tony's gym but they wanted something like 3700bht a month for the main gym (3rd rd.), the smaller gym (soi 16) which i went to once is about 1000bht a month, but some of the leg machines didnt seem much cop IMO, a good gym for the price though.

As for the scenery at WoW, if any of it is looking to abuse any male gym members i reckon im well in, on the basis all the men in there apart from me are gay, maybe this is why there are so many ladyboys in Patts.

Thanks for the update. I'll bug you from time to time to keep you on your toes. :o

I'm surprised you didn't like the leg equipment at soi 16. It's great! The best out of all the Tony's gyms.

You've got a really good leg extension machine you can use for single leg curls. A great unilateral Hammer Strength Leg press. A Hammer Strength unilateral lying leg curl. A great Hammer Strength seated calf and seated toe press and a squat rack. What else could anyone possibly want for legs? You can even use the Smith Machine if you're so inclined.

Squats should be the cornerstone of any serious leg program, and addition to that, RDL's to strengthen the hamstrings. You'll get more from well executed squats than anything else.

The only machine at soi 16 which is no good is the combination leg press/hack squat. I don't use it, but leg presses are not a good leg exercise anyway (a lazy man's excuse for not doing squats), and you've got the unilateral machine if you insist on leg presses, which is better than the normal type anyway.

Edited by tropo

i go to the tony's outlet opposite soi chaiyapoon on 3rd road. some of the machines are just

a little dated, need some grease, adjustments etc. the one on soi 16 i have gone to visit and

it does look a lot in a lot nicer shape. the benches and squat rack are usually free early in the

morning but no girls, ladyboys, gays anything like that. just ugly looking guys. whooopee. :o

• 5 weeks later...

I just got offered a 11000 baht lifetime membership for CaliWow. 100 baht/year renewal. A good deal if I used the services often, but I'm not that into working out.

They started at like 35000 baht, but I kept pushing them down. They even brought out the 'special lady' for hard to get customers!

They are working on commission they admitted to me. *Very* pushy salespeople that want you to sign asap. I asked for a few days to think about it and said 'no, last day for special price'. After I stood up to leave, they promised me a day to think about it.

Refuse the first three offers no matter what but pretend to still be somewhat interested, and watch the price drop =)

Anyone know if CaliWow has a swimming pool? They claimed they do, but didn't see it, nor do they advertise it . . .