1 Month California Wow Membership

spiderman2

I'm in Pattaya sometime in the next 6 weeks or so, and am needing a 1 month gym membership, does anyone know if California Wow offer 1 month memberships and if so what the price is.

Also do the have punch bags there?

yes they have 1 month memberships,not sure on price but will ask later and post on here.no punchbags but have a mock ring set up and personal trainers,at a cost,will put you thru a hitting the pads ,they wear ,routine.tonys on 3rd road also has 1 month membership and has bags plus other stuff set up outside at back of gym.

They were running offers at something like Bt399 a month or similar. Their manager disappeared to the USA and then stopped answering emails, my emails. Their reception staff just stuff a small laminated card with outrageous prices on it if you ask for prices. It dos not even have the company logo on it. Their ploy is to get you in for an "assessment" and try to part you from as much cash as you are gullible to pay. No-one I know has paid the same amount.

They seem desperate for custom to me - every time I walk past to go to Villa market they try to entice me in. Almost as irritating as the tailors, and with the noise they pump out most of the time I'm amazed anyone goes in at all. Reading the couple of replies on here you won't have a problem getting any length membership you want - how much you pay and whether they will still be around at the end of it is another matter! :o

They seem desperate for custom to me...
Hmmmm ! One of their sales people called me some time ago, addressed me by name so I assume a 'friend' gave my name/number, I managed to keep the conversation going for a full five minutes before she got bored and switched to non communitive grunts, but being a sales person she could not 'end' the call.

I ASKED AND WAS QUOTED 3000 BT BUT SOUNDED LIKE IT MIGHT BE SLIGHTLY NEGOTIABLE,SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK..IM NOT SHOUTING!!!,

THEY OBVIOUSLY GET COMMISSION EVEN ON THE MONTH CARDS AS SHE GAVE MW A CARD WITH NAME AND NUMBER AND SAID TO ASK FOR HER SPECIFICALLY .I THINK THEY DID HAVE A PROMOTION BEFORE FOR 399 AT ONE POINT BUT I THINK THAT WAS MAINLY A CATCH TO GET U THERE AS WHEN I ASKED THE PROMOTION WAS ONLY FIRST 100 AND I WASNT IN THAT,SO PROBABLY JUST ANOTHER SALES TECHNIQUE.

I DONT LIKE THERE GENERAL SALES PRACTICE AND DIFFERING PRICE STRUCTURE DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH THEY THINK YOU COULD PAY BUT ONCE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR PRICE THEN THE GYM IS OK TO USE AND I THINK THEY HAVE CALMED DOWN ON SELLING THE PERSONAL TRAINING WHEN U IN THERE......WELL THEY NEVER HASSLE ME BUT MAYBE COZ IM IN GREAT SHAPE AND COULDNT IMPROVE ME HAHA

I'm in Pattaya sometime in the next 6 weeks or so, and am needing a 1 month gym membership, does anyone know if California Wow offer 1 month memberships and if so what the price is.

Why bother paying a membership. At Tony's Gym Soi 16 you can pay 100 baht per workout and they have a punching bag.

Why bother paying a membership. At Tony's Gym Soi 16 you can pay 100 baht per workout and they have a punching bag.

good idea but i suppose it also depends how many times he gonna use it......if everyday or even 5 days a week then better getting a month membership at soi 16 or other tonys gyms. also i presume depends on his location and time of training.........i like the gym soi 16 and price good but i like to train late(very late) and traffic makes it a pain to get there especially as im from the dark side(that dont mean that i like katoeys :o )

good idea but i suppose it also depends how many times he gonna use it......if everyday or even 5 days a week then better getting a month membership at soi 16 or other tonys gyms. also i presume depends on his location and time of training.........i like the gym soi 16 and price good but i like to train late(very late) and traffic makes it a pain to get there especially as im from the dark side(that dont mean that i like katoeys :o )

Sure, if he trains 5 days a week it will be better value to get a month's membership, but will he be that dedicated while on vacation? It's hard to believe anyone would come to Pattaya for a vacation and go to the gym that often.

Sure, if he trains 5 days a week it will be better value to get a month's membership, but will he be that dedicated while on vacation? It's hard to believe anyone would come to Pattaya for a vacation and go to the gym that often.

You never know maybe he is one of these.

"I cant help but notice the growing number of pumped up, brainless, steriod nuts coming to Pattaya. They are on every corner. "

Taken from a previous topic on Pattaya foum. :D

you might be surprised as some guys come here and just train :D ...they dont even drink alcohol or partake in the entertainment available from most bars :D ......i must admit they are the muay thai enthusiasts but there are plenty of steroid freaks here as basjke pointed out who would train most days but obviously most people come here and dont train at all but op did ask for a months membership price and not an individual workout price so this made me think he may use the gym fairly regularly. :D

but op did ask for a months membership price and not an individual workout price so this made me think he may use the gym fairly regularly. :o

I realise that, but he probably didn't know you could train casually at some gyms for such low daily rates that a membership would be unnecessary.

Go and see Mike. He is from the US and a the new Sales Manager. Very nice chap - I was out with him for a drink at the weekend.

I am sure he will do you a deal.

Can't be any worse than that guy Marc who wouldn't confirm anything except that the place is a scam and then buggered off back to the USA on 20th December 2007 and didn't have the courtesy to answer emails after that.

Go and see Mike. He is from the US and a the new Sales Manager. Very nice chap - I was out with him for a drink at the weekend.

I am sure he will do you a deal.

Can't be any worse than that guy Marc who wouldn't confirm anything except that the place is a scam and then buggered off back to the USA on 20th December 2007 and didn't have the courtesy to answer emails after that.

just be grateful he buggered off,what a complete <deleted> he was. maybe his dad(ceo or equivalent for cal wow) realised he was rubbing people up the wrong way and sent him back to the states where thy may enjoy his smarmy arse.

by the way how did he confirm it was a scam,i realise the sales techniques and pricing is a sham but gym equipment,layout etc seem ok :o

Thanks tattooed Rob for taking the time to ask at California Wow, think if the GBP is still low 50s i'll have to get tips on bartering from a backpacker and get it cheaper then 3000bht, though as it has no bags which are essential to my plan i'll probably join Tony's aswell.

I will be looking to train 4 days out of every 5 and for about 4-5 hours a day for the month im in Pattaya, then i'll go somewhere else in LOS and do the same for another month. Reason being im 33 fairly fit and want to get superfit whilst im still young enough to do so, and because its easier to work out in a warm climate, also because in 3-4 months i'll be starting a new job which means i wont be getting any long holidays for a while and finally its something ive always wanted to do. Plenty of people come to LOS to do these Thaiboxing courses, i personally dont like Thai boxing its too brutal (sport shouldnt be about trying to maim someone), i used to box (well i did for 1 year when i was 15 but it makes me sound hard to say i used to box) and can train myself better then what i'd get at one of these schools.

Never done steroids for the cynic on this thread, i do about 15-30 reps and 2 sets at a time to avoid looking huge its fcuken hard work, reason i intend to stay off the beer is it'll not hurt for a couple of months, besides with all them pretty young girlies who needs alcohol for a good time.

Anyway im coming with good intentions but will probably end up drinking and fighting most nights, falling in love with one of the girls from Lolitas, get 4 henna tattoos, have my hair beaded, update my Bad Boys go to Pattaya t shirt collection and bore everyone i speak to about how great Thailand was before them horrid tourist started coming.

Edited by spiderman2

just be grateful he buggered off,what a complete <deleted> he was. maybe his dad(ceo or equivalent for cal wow) realised he was rubbing people up the wrong way and sent him back to the states where thy may enjoy his smarmy arse.

by the way how did he confirm it was a scam,i realise the sales techniques and pricing is a sham but gym equipment,layout etc seem ok :o

Something to do with multiple memberships for couples and having some third party involvement taking the 2nd membership and reselling it when a single person joined alone.

Any place which cannot put up a price list is a rip off and out to scam people. It is not Soi Buakhow market !

Thanks tattooed Rob for taking the time to ask at California Wow, think if the GBP is still low 50s i'll have to get tips on bartering from a backpacker and get it cheaper then 3000bht, though as it has no bags which are essential to my plan i'll probably join Tony's aswell.

I will be looking to train 4 days out of every 5 and for about 4-5 hours a day for the month im in Pattaya, then i'll go somewhere else in LOS and do the same for another month. Reason being im 33 fairly fit and want to get superfit whilst im still young enough to do so, and because its easier to work out in a warm climate, also because in 3-4 months i'll be starting a new job which means i wont be getting any long holidays for a while and finally its something ive always wanted to do. Plenty of people come to LOS to do these Thaiboxing courses, i personally dont like Thai boxing its too brutal (sport shouldnt be about trying to maim someone), i used to box (well i did for 1 year when i was 15 but it makes me sound hard to say i used to box) and can train myself better then what i'd get at one of these schools.

Never done steroids for the cynic on this thread, i do about 15-30 reps and 2 sets at a time to avoid looking huge its fcuken hard work, reason i intend to stay off the beer is it'll not hurt for a couple of months, besides with all them pretty young girlies who needs alcohol for a good time.

Anyway im coming with good intentions but will probably end up drinking and fighting most nights, falling in love with one of the girls from Lolitas, get 4 henna tattoos, have my hair beaded, update my Bad Boys go to Pattaya t shirt collection and bore everyone i speak to about how great Thailand was before them horrid tourist started coming.

is it worth joining both? tonys has the bags and open 24 hours to so why join cal wow....although there are a few more ladies to look at there :D . if you do join cal wow then say you went to tonys first and was a lot cheaper or speak to a farang sales manager first as the sales people would have to go and ask him if can discount anyway

wow 4 to 5 hours a day training,thats a lot. :o save some energy for the ladies.

you must be one of the lucky ones if you have to limit your sets and do higher reps to avoid hugeness,us ectomorphs have to eat bucket loads ,train heavy and still not put on a pound a year :D

good luck staying off the beer in party town.

is it worth joining both? tonys has the bags and open 24 hours to so why join cal wow....although there are a few more ladies to look at there :D . if you do join cal wow then say you went to tonys first and was a lot cheaper or speak to a farang sales manager first as the sales people would have to go and ask him if can discount anyway

wow 4 to 5 hours a day training,thats a lot. :o save some energy for the ladies.

you must be one of the lucky ones if you have to limit your sets and do higher reps to avoid hugeness,us ectomorphs have to eat bucket loads ,train heavy and still not put on a pound a year :D

Unfortunately i just need to look at heavy weights to blow up to the size of a roidhead which can interfere with trying to keep a low profile, besides lifting lighter weights is better in the long run.

Be nice to have a bit of luxury which is why im thinking of going to Wow as their machines will be better for legs and back exercises then what Tony's gym offers, the plan is 30-60 mins cardio when i wake up, then have a rest for an hour or 2 then 45-60 mins legs, 45-60 mins upperbody then in the evening 1 - 2 hours on the punchbag, pads, shadow boxing and situps................sounds dead easy when i write it.

The comment about catching an eyeful of fit Thai girls getting trimmer then they already are is a bit of a clincher.

wow 4 to 5 hours a day training,thats a lot. :( save some energy for the ladies.

you must be one of the lucky ones if you have to limit your sets and do higher reps to avoid hugeness,us ectomorphs have to eat bucket loads ,train heavy and still not put on a pound a year :P

Unfortunately i just need to look at heavy weights to blow up to the size of a roidhead which can interfere with trying to keep a low profile, besides lifting lighter weights is better in the long run.

Be nice to have a bit of luxury which is why im thinking of going to Wow as their machines will be better for legs and back exercises then what Tony's gym offers, the plan is 30-60 mins cardio when i wake up, then have a rest for an hour or 2 then 45-60 mins legs, 45-60 mins upperbody then in the evening 1 - 2 hours on the punchbag, pads, shadow boxing and situps................sounds dead easy when i write it.

The comment about catching an eyeful of fit Thai girls getting trimmer then they already are is a bit of a clincher.

theres a few fatties in there too :D ,i used to work in a gym and everyone thought was a great job as thought i was surrounded by fit beauties allday,reality was that the fit beauties are generally genetically gifted so dont need to go to gyms ,its the fatties that go to try and look like the fit beauties. :o . also just to warn you theres a lot of gay boys there too(theyll be the ones lookin at you at every opportunity) as well as the funny looking personal trainers that are in abundance at all times .

im knackered just thinking about your workout plan, and couldnt do an outside bag/pad workout for 1 to 2hrs here unless i had someone carrying a big electric fan around pointing it at me.......and a cool water drip attached to my arm :D

just out of interest what is your bodyweight and height and guestimate fat percentage(in other words how lean are you),wanna see if youre a true mesomorph as not many people can blow up that easy hence the use of steroids worldwide....also you said you wanna keep a low profile,why?,you another brit on the run :D:D

Im 5'8 and 13 stone 4 pounds or 84.5KG in Thai money but if i lift really heavy weights (for me thats benching 110/120KG) i go up to 88-90KG which is too much for my dwarf like height, im not one of the adonis's you see in the gym that is perfectly formed with the 6 pack etc, more i have the potential to look like the skin head flabby muscled bound bouncer type that guy before was refering too, and those guys whether they are violent or not do look like theyre game for some trouble.

I usually go to the gym about 3 times a week for an hour or 2 at a time to keep healthy, but sometimes miss a month or 3 at a time, nothing too strenious

If i went to the gym and strained lifting weights, ran instead of slowly jogged, and hit the punch bags at full power instead of just using it for technique i could never do what is above, but if i take it easy i think i could for the first few weeks, then on weeks 5 - 8 start really pushing it which will mean spending less time exercising.

As for the low profile bit, ive read Day of the Jackal, theyll never get me.

I'm sorry dude, but training like that everyday is a recipe for burnout...and it won't take long. You'll achieve absolutely nothing at all.

If you manage to keep it up for a week I'll be surprised - but what's the point? It's just extreme overtraining.

As I mentioned before, just pay daily at Tony's because you won't last the month. If the overtraining doesn't stop you, the ladies and partying will.

• 4 weeks later...

The latest California WOW experience. They sent a letter received yesterday to all the Yoga studios in Chiang Mai - maybe Thailand. The letter is a form letter, not dated, no return address, no names, no phone numbers, in the letter content or on the outside envelope. Letter has the California WOW logo and the Planet Yoga logo on the letter. Since there is no contact info inside or out, California WOW can deny having anything to do with the letter. Meant to purely intimidate and raise fear. Here's the letter content:

Cease and Desist Notice

To Whom it may Concern:

It has come to our attention that your establishment is teaching yoga, and that you are illegally employing teachers with no work permits to do so. This unfair and illegal competition to one of our core business components must cease and desist forthwith. You are hereby given seven days notice to send this, after which any infraction will be reported to the relevant Immigration and Revenue departments, and our legal department will instigate proceedings against you and press for the severest sanctions. These may include fines, imprisonment, seizure of assets and deportation. We advise you not to ignore this notice, and please consider this our final warning.

[signed] The Planet Yoga Team

Note to California WOW - yoga is not, nor ever will be, big business. There will be a campaign now to make the media aware of California WOW's high handedness. The yoga studios are now talking about not giving paid lessons, instead only providing a place for people to practice on their own for free.

Good luck with that business model California Wow. :o

• 4 weeks later...

I got a months membership today for 2000bht, the saleswomen bless her pushy little cotton socks came out with some piece of cardboard with 5500 a month on at which point i laughed, she then offered me the promotion of 4000bht at this point i stood up, she begged me to sit down and to save any more <deleted> about i said i'll give you 2000bht, she then pretended to ask her boss who surprisingly said yes.

I went back in the evening and there is a light skinned girl on the front desk about 25, she is fit as <deleted> the prettiest girl ive seen in LOS, i might have to marry her.

I think there was a farang male hairdressers group in there, ive never seen so many poncy looking blokes in all my days.

yeah i have to confess, i've seen some cuties coming and going from that calwow branch at the avenue. like

tropo says, i usually just drag my puny body over to tony's but there is never much scenery there and some

of the equip is due for a tune-up. i've also wondered if they had a monthly fee but this whole varied pricing

thing is kind of odd for such a large business. do thais get a hometown discount as well? :o

I got a months membership today for 2000bht, the saleswomen bless her pushy little cotton socks came out with some piece of cardboard with 5500 a month on at which point i laughed, she then offered me the promotion of 4000bht at this point i stood up, she begged me to sit down and to save any more <deleted> about i said i'll give you 2000bht, she then pretended to ask her boss who surprisingly said yes.

Hi Spiderman2, I was wondering how these plans went:

I will be looking to train 4 days out of every 5 and for about 4-5 hours a day for the month im in Pattaya

the plan is 30-60 mins cardio when i wake up, then have a rest for an hour or 2 then 45-60 mins legs, 45-60 mins upperbody then in the evening 1 - 2 hours on the punchbag, pads, shadow boxing and situps..

Are they happening as we speak, or is it just another sad "The best laid plans of mice and men" story?

yeah i have to confess, i've seen some cuties coming and going from that calwow branch at the avenue. like

tropo says, i usually just drag my puny body over to tony's but there is never much scenery there and some

of the equip is due for a tune-up. i've also wondered if they had a monthly fee but this whole varied pricing

thing is kind of odd for such a large business. do thais get a hometown discount as well? :o

LOL. When I go gym I'm not interested in "scenery"...there's enough outside when the job is done.

Occasionally at Tony's you'll see some scantily clad European girls in there....the type I came to Asia to get away from. It feels like an invasion when they come.