The Hull City Appreciation Thread

ThaiPauly

I was just looking at the pre-season prediction thread...nobody had Hull City down to finish any higher than 17th.

Their fans must be walking in wonderland.

Their last 3 games have seen them beating:

Arsenal

Spurs

West Ham

THIRD in the league......higher than United and Arsenal.

OK I doubt if they will make it into the Champions League, but they won't go down...I reckon that 8th is possible , same as Reading 2 years ago.......but what do you make of them?

Where do you think they will finish now?

Unless they are beating YOUR team, do you admire them and their management?

I did not know thet the infamous Brian Horon was Assistant Manager there, he won Manager of the Month for Hull 20 years ago in the old FOURTH DIVISION. I can recall vividly the headlines "BRIAN WHO"? when he was apponted manager of Manchester City many years ago :o

Has anybody got anything less than admiration for what Phil Brown and his team are achieving?

Don't you just love their kit :D

I was just looking at the pre-season prediction thread...nobody had Hull City down to finish any higher than 17th.

Their fans must be walking in wonderland.

Their last 3 games have seen them beating:

Arsenal

Spurs

West Ham

THIRD in the league......higher than United and Arsenal.

OK I doubt if they will make it into the Champions League, but they won't go down...I reckon that 8th is possible , same as Reading 2 years ago.......but what do you make of them?

Where do you think they will finish now?

Unless they are beating YOUR team, do you admire them and their management?

I did not know thet the infamous Brian Horon was Assistant Manager there, he won Manager of the Month for Hull 20 years ago in the old FOURTH DIVISION. I can recall vividly the headlines "BRIAN WHO"? when he was apponted manager of Manchester City many years ago :o

Has anybody got anything less than admiration for what Phil Brown and his team are achieving?

Don't you just love their kit :D

Great stuff! Unless of course you are a spurs fan.

everyone loves the under dog,and yes its so good to see.there was a dj in OZ called john laws and his catch phrase was "keeping the dream alive".May Hull keep "keeping their dream alive".Chelsea,man.u.and liverpool still to come though,but they have such enthusiasm and confidence especially after Wigan hammered them,so they will come back again after playing the mentioned top clubs.

everyone loves the under dog,and yes its so good to see.there was a dj in OZ called john laws and his catch phrase was "keeping the dream alive".May Hull keep "keeping their dream alive".Chelsea,man.u.and liverpool still to come though,but they have such enthusiasm and confidence especially after Wigan hammered them,so they will come back again after playing the mentioned top clubs.

I have to say that although I cant congratulate them for winning at Arsenal,....I think the first match at the Emirates that Arsenal hav'nt scored,...It is good to see another new team doing well in the EPL... just hope they can keep it up at Man U and Chelsea.

I have to say that although I cant congratulate them for winning at Arsenal,....I think the first match at the Emirates that Arsenal hav'nt scored,...It is good to see another new team doing well in the EPL... just hope they can keep it up at Man U and Chelsea.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves :o

Yep, fair play to them..

They play ot their strengths, score either great goals IE the Givanni one's or Set Pieces, seem to get their noses in front & are then very, very hard to break down..

However, Arsenal aside, these 3 Side's that they've taken points of recently ( Newcastle, Spuds & the Hammers ) are not very good sides but you can only beat what's put in front of you so fair play to Hull..:o

i remember a couple of years ago wigan doing well,last season portsmouth,there team is a small one and injuries and tiredness over the next couple of monthe will take its toll,and they will end up mid table,but that isnt bad for a small club given no chance as derby were last season,i think most people who's team is not playing hull are supporting them as i am,there playing with a fire in there bellys which is good for the game..

I can remember just before i left the UK in 03 and Rotherham Utd were sitting mid-table in the championship and Hull were in division 2, i was drinking with a friend of mine from Hull and he said in 10 years we'll be in the premiership and i laughed my ass off. how to be proved wrong. now were in division 2 and struggling to survive and his premiership prediction came 5 years early....guess who's laughing now :o well done to the Tigers and long may it continue.

I can remember just before i left the UK in 03 and Rotherham Utd were sitting mid-table in the championship and Hull were in division 2, i was drinking with a friend of mine from Hull and he said in 10 years we'll be in the premiership and i laughed my ass off. how to be proved wrong. now were in division 2 and struggling to survive and his premiership prediction came 5 years early....guess who's laughing now :o well done to the Tigers and long may it continue.

as somebody famously once said

"Its a funny old game" :D

I am not sure about Hull over the long-term but I am sure I like your avatar alot!

Congrats to Hull,they are doing great.

I'm sure Phil Browns first priority is to ensure they accumulate enough points to avoid relegation then take it from there.

Brian Horton,their assistant manager,was in charge at my club Macclesfield two years ago and was sacked after they only got 4 points from their first twelve games.

Bet he never thought two years later he'd be at a club currently higher placed than Arsenal or Man Utd ! :o

The last time a newly promoted team had such a good start to the season was Nottingham Forest in 1994, and look what happened to them afterwards.

However, congratulations are in order and, until teams get to know how to play them, they can set about securing their place in the top flight.

I am not sure about Hull over the long-term but I am sure I like your avatar alot!

Hull has a much bigger population then Bolton, Boro, Pompey or Soton who were in the top flight for 30 years and it is a sports mad town so they can potentailly get 35000 a week as the KC stadium can easily be enlarged, they just need to stay in the top flight for a few years minimum to enable them to build the club...........that chick in his avatar is truly delightful.

Another win for Hull ... a step nearer safety :o

Phil Brown is doing a great job with an average looking squad.

I am convinced that Roy Keane will move on within the next couple of years, so I would be willing to give Phil Brown a chance at Sunderland, especially given that he's a local (ish) lad from South Shields.

Another win for Hull ... a step nearer safety :D

I am convinced that Roy Keane will move on within the next couple of years, so I would be willing to give Phil Brown a chance at Sunderland, especially given that he's a local (ish) lad from South Shields.

Yes he is good, and used to managing teams in striped shirts :o

Another win for Hull ... a step nearer safety :D

Yes he is good, and used to managing teams in striped shirts :o

Aye ... that will help him :D

Do you think he could be Fergie's replacement then? Personally I think there is a more than good chance.

I see the "Special One" has thrown his hat in the ring for the "Big" job.

I think RK has done very well at Sunderland (considering its his first managerial post)...no relegation battle this year and he has brought well.

I'm sure that the REAL Man United supporters would be behind his appointment, but not the "Prawn Sandwich Brigade"

But there are so many ex-Man U players out there managing clubs....I think Steve bruce is a half decent Manager considering the finances of the teams he has had to manage. Oh and of course Steve Coppell is ex-Man U...but I don't think so !!!

The good thing is they can both speak English, but I think that Keane being Keane would rank as favourite , and the timing, say 2 years could be perfect

I just wanted to give credit where it's due, Hull City played there hearts out last Saturday and did themselves proud, they went to Old Trafford to play football and can now hold their heads high, they almost had me a tad worried in the latter part of the game but greater experience ruled the day, Cheer & Good Luck for the rest of the season you Tigers !

They remind me of my own team in our first outing in the Premiership...we lost 3-2 at OT.

Nobody knows how to play against them yet...they will survive this season, then next year it will be the dreaded "Scond Season Syndrome" thet may well send them down...like it did us.. But I really hope not

I just wanted to give credit where it's due, Hull City played there hearts out last Saturday and did themselves proud, they went to Old Trafford to play football and can now hold their heads high, they almost had me a tad worried in the latter part of the game but greater experience ruled the day, Cheer & Good Luck for the rest of the season you Tigers !

I appreciate them alot more now that we beat them (whew!) but as much as I admire their attacking / forward style, 8 or 9 goals against in their last two games is not gonna get it done. But much more exciting than watching a Bolton or Fulham play 9 guys back and dump long balls to a loan striker.

Definately want to see the Tigers stay up!