Tourist Visa To India?

I want take a thai girl to India. She has no previous foreign trips. She has a passport. She was working in her sisters shop for many years (she is 24) and does not have any specific job like a bank job etc. She is not a bargirl. I can get her sponsorship letters from India.

What would be the requirements for the visa?

What are the chances of getting a visa? I assume they are not as difficult as Europe or US visas?

What is the best way of going about it?

What is the best way of going about it?

Just go to the Indian embassy/consulate and apply. I can't imagine that it would be all that difficult for a Thai to obtain a tourist visa for India. At worst, you may need to show the consular officer the applicant's plane ticket.

How long does it take? Im not in thailand at present will be there in a couple of weeks. And want to go to India from there with the girl. Is it ok if the girl applies by herself (without a ticket) now? Why a double entry visa?

How long does it take? Im not in thailand at present will be there in a couple of weeks. And want to go to India from there with the girl. Is it ok if the girl applies by herself (without a ticket) now? Why a double entry visa?

For a Thai national applying in Thailand, I think they can turn an application around in a day or two. I don't know whether your friend really needs to show travel documents. Why don't you just have her call the embassy/consulate and confirm some of these details?

Actually, the standard tourist visa for India is a six-month multiple-entry visa (I believe you do need to tick the "multiple entry" box on the application, no extra cost). This big difference between Indian and Thai visas is that the six month period starts from the day the visa is issued, not the day one enters India. For example, if one is issued a six-month multiple-entry tourist visa for India on the first of December, one may enter India any number of times in the coming six months but they must ultimately leave India by 31 May.