Klong Toey Slum?

lifeisrandom

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always hear klong toey mentioned as a slum rife with drugs and crime but all google attempts lead to the same three articles

does anyone have any idea what is actually going on there or are all the farang here just talking out their ass (as always expected)

(cant resist such an invitation) Talking out of our ass you say, well isnt that the pot calling the kettle black? Just because you can't find much on your google news alert doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

What exactly are you trying to find out - that it's a slum full of yabaa and crime?

I suggest you take a visit down there tonight and report back your non talking out of your ass findings to us.

is it comparatively worse than south central LA or south bronx?

why do i need to go when farang here constantly talk about it? surely they have been right?

Apples and Oranges, why all the concern, you plan to move there?

no but i would find it very interesting as i always wondered how thailand could avoid having a part of town that you would get killed for stepping foot in like other 3rd world countries

why do i need to go when farang here constantly talk about it? surely they have been right?

no but i would find it very interesting as i always wondered how thailand could avoid having a part of town that you would get killed for stepping foot in like other 3rd world countries

Third world country like the US you mean? LA and NY? :o

Third world country like the US you mean? LA and NY? :o

you would only get killed at night in those places

Go there lots, buy veggies by the sackful

Here's a link

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...49-e76cb5cd3c64

LOL

Khlong Toey fresh market is not very close to the KT slum. (but it is stinky!)

Look at Khlong Toey Shanty Town link on google earth

Edited by jdinasia

The market IS interesting ... but it is a far remove from the slum. Which I seriously doubt any of the posters above have been in at all!

The areas surrounding the slums are sketchy but the slums themselves are far beyond that. No roads ... only paths ... very little light in the area .. it is dark in most of the area even during daylight. I'll look for some pics I took there in the past tmw.

i always hear klong toey mentioned as a slum rife with drugs and crime but all google attempts lead to the same three articles

does anyone have any idea what is actually going on there or are all the farang here just talking out their ass (as always expected)

Try "klong toei slums" in your google search, should get some results.

The market IS interesting ... but it is a far remove from the slum. Which I seriously doubt any of the posters above have been in at all!

The areas surrounding the slums are sketchy but the slums themselves are far beyond that. No roads ... only paths ... very little light in the area .. it is dark in most of the area even during daylight. I'll look for some pics I took there in the past tmw.

Where are they in relation to, say, Carrefour/Tesco Lotus on Rama 4?

Personal aspersions have been deleted.

I am not sure what the point of this thread was, but a question was asked and then answered several times by several people. Unless someone has something new (and civil!) to add, I hink it's run its course.

the topic is potentially interesting. It is an area of BKK that few people ever get close enough to see.

I agree, as you say it is a part of the city that us Bangkokian's live in.

And no disrespect to Sheryl but I don't agree that this topic has run it's course because this is certainly not a subject that should be "Swept under the carpet" so to speak.