Network Error (dns_server_failure)

The Coder

Occasionally I get a dns error when I hit a web site. Later in the day I can access the site once again. I know the sites are up the entire time. For instance, right now yahoo and altavista are both reporting dns errors but thaivisa is ok. This problem is getting more frequent in recent weeks. Anyone else seeing this and is there anything that can be done? Below is the cut and paste error

Network Error (dns_server_failure)

Your request could not be processed because an error occurred contacting the DNS server.

The DNS server may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Yeah - I have noticed this message with increasing frequency lately. It's a pain in the a*se but checking back later normally all is well. If I need a particular site right now I use a proxy as recommended by Marquess.

I have noticed that True's speeds are getting better in recent times as well.

True's DNS servers are less than optimal. It's not a proxy issue. Do a direct DNS query to their servers, and they still are clueless. The other day they were refusing to give out any DNS replies on servers in the yahoo domain.

I switched to Samart's servers long ago when True's DNS servers hiccupped on a daily basis, and had no problems since. To change, go into the properties of your connection, tcp/ip, DNS servers. Instead of having it be obtain automatically, set it to a server. I use 203.149.0.40 (samarts) as primary and secondary is True's.

According to G W Bush, DNS and WHOIS (and in general all object related to the internet topology) is PUBLIC, and since some time it's not only Marina del rey who take care of that, but an organisation where the non profit top level organisation are in parity with governemental agencies.

What does that mean :

the DNS are only the replication (mirror) of the 7 top level directories, you just have (and it's legal) to setup your own DNS at home, and you will never have this problem again ... consider it iwll take about 7 days to download the informations.

The best sep by step on how to do it is located in MAN pages .

In general, there is a lot of technical problem here, DNS lazy, the cisco routeurs that use a cheap round robin ......... love it or leave it.

Roxannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne