Transit Uk - Passport Name Different Than Ticket?

Hi

Ok the GF is coming to visit me.. and will be transiting via the UK. Thanks for all who gave me advice...

The one thing, I didn't check, was the fact that her passport has her married name, but we booked the tickets under her maiden name? Her ID card is also in wonderfull Thai script, and her divorce papers in thai script... so useless in the UK!

The 3rd & 4th pages of her passport have big endorsements in english, saying she was divorced and is known as X X.

The Ms. just called the UK embassy in BKK, they didn't know for certain and advised her to call the thai passport office. She just got off the phone with them... they told her no worry... everything ok. If she really worried she can get new passport but really its not needed... the endorsement states your name is changed and it carries the official seal of the government.

Obviously this must happen in other countries? Everyones thoughts?

The passport she got (its her first) is from Dec 2003, and the endorsement March 2004.. so its not like this happened 5 days ago!

Sean

As long as X X is the same names as the the ticket, she'll be fine. She needs to prove her identity to satisfy the airlines.

As I understand it the passport was issued in your wife's maiden name and since then an endorsement has been placed in it changing her name to her married one. If this is the case then it is plain for the immigration officer to see that she was once called whatever her maiden name is, that matches the ticket, and, bingo, there shouldn't be a problem.

Scouse.

No Scouse, the other way round....

her passport has her married name

and the endoresement refers to divorce and K.A. X X

But really see no problem. Name on ticket identical with name in the endorsement.

Cheers Axel. It's all clear now and, yes, providing the ticket matches the endorsement there won't be a problem.

Scouse.

I also had to re-read that about five times before I got the key GF point so the married name would have been previous. Agree, as long as the reviewer can find the name somewhere it should not be a problem. :o

you may have to give the reviewer some help, we had a query from flight centre last time cause wife still has maiden name on passport, took passport in and showed them endorsment, they photocopied same and all sweet :o

Edited by bronco