Expats

tsocr

Just wondering how many expacts live near Loei area? I live approx. 55K from the city center. I have a Frenchman and a Dutchman living in my village. I am from the US. When I am in the city center I very seldom see any.

Tsocr

Just wondering how many expacts live near Loei area? I live approx. 55K from the city center. I have a Frenchman and a Dutchman living in my village. I am from the US. When I am in the city center I very seldom see any.

Tsocr

I live about 50 kilometers south of the city near Nong Hin.

My expat Brit friend is quite antisocial with new farangs. He says why bother because they normally don't stay very long. I guess I surprised him.

Maybe tsocr has packed it in already?

I was hoping Gary would show-up and introduce himself. :D

You could do worse than learn from that guy.

Wish I was planning a trip past you in the near term, Gary.

I'll see if I can do it right the next time. :o

~WISteve

Thanks for that. If you pass by this way drop me a message and we'll try to get together. My NEW favorite watering hole in Nong Hin is not doing so well, not enough customers. Today I took my Brit drinking buddy to the hospital with a serious heart problem. It looks like they may transfer him to Khon Kaen.

We were twice a week regulars so the watering hole will miss us, but only for a while I HOPE.

I learned a few things over the past year Gary (I hope anyway) :o but gained an appreciation for the hill country around Nong Bhua Lamphu that I will keep. I will be back again even if it is solo this time. Perhaps that is better for me anyway.

A short hop on 210 over to 201, then south a bit. That shouldn't be so hard.

With the ways things are right now over here, it probably won't be until spring. I have to make some hard decisions soon but I won't forget that lovely part of the country.

Wishing a speedy recovery for your friend sir.

~WISteve