New 5 Star Hotel In Chiang Rai

localguy

:o

yes finally there is a 5 star hotel with italian restaurant ( favolo ) opening wednesday

there is also ( latest recipe ) a restaurant offering dishes from around de world

nestled on the banks of the kok river

was there yesterday

very beautiful view from the lobby nice rooms very friendly staff

hope this give chiang rai a little boost

webbside is i think

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/p...propertyID=3160

yes finally there is a 5 star hotel with italian restaurant ( favolo ) opening wednesday

there is also ( latest recipe ) a restaurant offering dishes from around de world

was there yesterday

webbside is i think

Do they got Kow Pat Gai for 20 bht????

was there yesterday

webbside is i think

Do they got Kow Pat Gai for 20 bht????

if you are on a low budget or kiniauw

there are lots of food stalls near the hotel and just sit there and enjoy the view

Thank you for sharing but who or on what is a hotel base on 5 stars? This hotel have everything and is perfect?

I'm just wonder though. I also thought CR have several nice hotels (the looking of it not about the food).

Why so many hotels anyways i dont understand. This province should have good public transport, better city planning, more recreations ect...

Thats what this town/province need...sorry i am abit off topic. :o

Edited by konjianghai

Thank you for sharing but who or on what is a hotel base on 5 stars? This hotel have everything and is perfect?

I'm just wonder though. I also thought CR have several nice hotels (the looking of it not about the food).

Why so many hotels anyways i dont understand. This province should have more then hotels like good public transport, better ciy planning, more recreations ect...

One wonders in the current financial climate, will they get any guests?

Why so many hotels anyways i dont understand. This province should have more then hotels like good public transport, better ciy planning, more recreations ect...

Thats what this town/province need...sorry i am abit off topic. :D

One wonders in the current financial climate, will they get any guests?

I hope they (all of the hotels and guesthouses) will get full booking at this season. I really feel pitty with them though at the time like this.

Not so good year for tourism. :o

No real need to pity anyone since a 5-year-old kid could figure out that another guesthouse, hotel or inn would be an incredibly bad idea.

A star rating is usually just a guideline for what kind of quality you can expect but it really isn't that accurate.

Why so many hotels anyways i dont understand. This province should have good public transport, better city planning, more recreations ect...

What to expect from a star rating depends on who rated the hotel. If the owner rates it, it could well be a 3 star. Sometimes the Thai associations are pretty liberal as well. The star rating has been so abused that some luxury travel publications are now suggesting and some are using 6 stars for places like the Oriental and Peninsula.

When the Dusit Island Resort opened, it was rated 5 stars. But when competition changes and standards change, and properties get a little tired .. star ratings should be revisited.

Here is what AAA says about a 5 diamonds rating.

Properties reflect the characteristics of the ultimate in luxury and sophistication. Accommodations are first class. The physical attributes are extraordinary in every manner. The fundamental hallmarks at this level are providing meticulous service, exceeding guest expectations, and maintaining impeccable standards of excellence. Many personalized services and amenities provide an unmatched level of comfort.

Here is what TAT says http://www.tatnews.org/tourism_news/2618.asp#l

What to expect from a star rating depends on who rated the hotel. If the owner rates it, it could well be a 3 star. Sometimes the Thai associations are pretty liberal as well. The star rating has been so abused that some luxury travel publications are now suggesting and some are using 6 stars for places like the Oriental and Peninsula.

When the Dusit Island Resort opened, it was rated 5 stars. But when competition changes and standards change, and properties get a little tired .. star ratings should be revisited.

Here is what AAA says about a 5 diamonds rating.

Properties reflect the characteristics of the ultimate in luxury and sophistication. Accommodations are first class. The physical attributes are extraordinary in every manner. The fundamental hallmarks at this level are providing meticulous service, exceeding guest expectations, and maintaining impeccable standards of excellence. Many personalized services and amenities provide an unmatched level of comfort.

Here is what TAT says http://www.tatnews.org/tourism_news/2618.asp#l

Thank you for your reply, now i get a better picture of hotels rating. :D

Very interested in any impressions of the place, I'm considering staying here in April (using points).

If I were you I'd save those points and stay in a cheap and friendly guest house in the centre of town - you'll have a lot more fun!

• 1 year later...
Saw a 2/3 page display ad in the BKK Post today advertising this locale.

Special discounted room rate was ~4800 B/night.

But check-out time 16:00 hours- that's generous! :)

Is that with the ThaiVisa moderators special discount Macca?

Whoops.... hang on, you said the Bangkok Post didn't you. :D

Don't read the Post anymore.

My new gym has the Nation, and International Herald Tribune (global edition of the New Yawk Times).

BTW, I posted that last Nov, and Oneman deleted his post after dredging up this old thread.

I wonder what he was going to say?

Maybe something about the croûtons on the Caesar salad not being up to snuff? :)

Don't read the Post anymore.

My new gym has the Nation, and International Herald Tribune (global edition of the New Yawk Times).

BTW, I posted that last Nov, and Oneman deleted his post after dredging up this old thread.

I wonder what he was going to say?

Maybe something about the croûtons on the Caesar salad not being up to snuff? :)

What? Didn't you see his post in the CM forum?

Nope, I missed it, VF.

So it wasn't about salad? :)

EDIT:

OK, I found it. Good review.

The other menu choices I am curious about (probably can find on the website, except for daily specials).

Sounds very nice, and ~900 B not so pricey for a 5 star.

I'll check it out, next visit.

I wonder if they have some good Barolo, or Super Tuscans.

Gotta have some really splendid wine, to go with Italian food like this.

DOUBLE EDIT:

I think this was a review of Favola at the Meridien in Chiang Mai. Not Chiang Rai.

Edited by mcgriffith
read review, added clarification

Had a night on the town with my neighbour last night, he's a pain in the ass for grabbing the bill first and paying it.

I usually get him back by grabbing him a few bottles of decent Aussie Red in Tachilek. They have a good wine selection over there.