American Shot In Hua Hin On 24 Oct. 2008; Three Thai Suspects Arrested

BEENTHEREDONETHAT

Phil, pardon me, I was confused. Recently on this thread, someone posted a link to the Hua Hin News, about this shooting. I went to that link and then clicked on the URL, which sent me directly to the forum.

I do not know enough about the ownerships and relationships of media in Hua Hin, and I retract my erroneous statement.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? And the nonsens continues... First of all, Hua Hin Today wrote no such thing... Second, I highly doubt that Darren had a house worth 100 million baht... I've never seen a house at that value in Hua Hin... Where are you getting this from ? Please - Sources...

post-15207-1233631547_thumb.jpg

What? And the nonsens continues... First of all, Hua Hin Today wrote no such thing... Second, I highly doubt that Darren had a house worth 100 million baht... I've never seen a house at that value in Hua Hin... Where are you getting this from ? Please - Sources...
I think Linglop is having a bit of fun with us creating non-existent web pages and stories and posting them here. Very talented with photoshop or other software...

A nice take-off on the "NotThe" genre of websites...

http://www.notstickmanbangkok.com/Weekly20...nTheDecline.htm

http://www.notthenation.com/

post-15207-1233735072_thumb.jpg

post-15207-1233735072_thumb.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :o Lol - See, THATS good humour ! :D The picture is from my first time in Hua Hin back in 2005... I still think I have those shorts somewhere... lol :D

yes this is true ! well the part about being shot and now in a hospital in bangkok! was also told that it is the husband of a thai lady

It is true, a bullet passed through both lungs and another one through his stomach into his spine. He was shot twice by two Thai men in a pickup on Friday evening while standing in his own front yard in front of about a dozen Thai witnesses across the street.

He is still in critical condition and may not make it. If he does he will be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life.

Lets hope the police find out who is responsible for this senseless act of violence.

If the Thai authorities wish to restore public/foreign confidence they must see that justice is done.

Otherwise it will be more than just the Tourism Industry that suffers. :o

I didn't get round to having a dig at the British Embassy, Bangkok, which has demonstrably failed to detect the runaway crook.

Since when was it the responsibility of British Embassy staff to track down criminals in Thailand?

Absolutely right, they have no jurisdiction to to so nor are they resourced.

I didn't get round to having a dig at the British Embassy, Bangkok, which has demonstrably failed to detect the runaway crook.

Since when was it the responsibility of British Embassy staff to track down criminals in Thailand?

Absolutely wrong. Firstly the British Embassy does have resources and secondly doesn't need jurisdiction, it merely makes requests to the Foreign Minister, who considers the request and makes appropriate arrangements as he or she sees fit.

Absolutely wrong. Firstly the British Embassy does have resources and secondly doesn't need jurisdiction, it merely makes requests to the Foreign Minister, who considers the request and makes appropriate arrangements as he or she sees fit.

The British Embassy will only act if they have reliable information. Either from the host country's immigration department or from the general public. Now the discussion of this oxley bloke may have been well known in Hua Hin, but unless a formal notification was made to the embassy that British citizen vvv bbb passport number 62626262 is wanted by warrant for a crime in the UK, I don't think they would know he is here. They don't control the borders of Thailand. I have worked for a British consulate and knew everything that happened there and it was amazing the silly things people said were happening in the building - people have seen far too may James Bond films

Edited by Loaded

It's sad to think that hardened criminals from far of lands can live and prosper in LOS with, seemingly, the protection of the BIB.

And it takes the PM no less to get them of their anus and do the job they are paid to do!

considering the checks , cross checks , 90 day reports , address reporting , computers , visa renewals , photocopies , photographs , duplicates and triplicates required by every immigration office and outpost in this kingdom on a regular basis for every "alien" , it seems inconceivable that his whereabouts is as unknown as they say they are.

Yeah, how did he get a work permit or visa?

Just goes to show all the 90 day reporting, hassle etc is just about showing who's boss and has nothing to do with any kind of actual security

yes this is true ! well the part about being shot and now in a hospital in bangkok! was also told that it is the husband of a thai lady

It is true, a bullet passed through both lungs and another one through his stomach into his spine. He was shot twice by two Thai men in a pickup on Friday evening while standing in his own front yard in front of about a dozen Thai witnesses across the street.

He is still in critical condition and may not make it. If he does he will be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life.

Lets hope the police find out who is responsible for this senseless act of violence.

If the Thai authorities wish to restore public/foreign confidence they must see that justice is done.

Otherwise it will be more than just the Tourism Industry that suffers. :o

Mmmm No I think tourists will come here, ( pun intended ) no matter what.

It's the nuisance ex-pat farangs sniffing out the real Thailand on their bloody web boards and stirring up the rice pot that they want to get rid of .

I may be crediting too much to the authorities , but I believe this to be akin to a controlled burn situation.

" Let out some info and get some press on just how corrupt and dangerous it is here, lean out the stale ' Farangs " then we can start over with some fresh ( Russian? ) targets.. "

Edited by HorseDoctor

considering the checks , cross checks , 90 day reports , address reporting , computers , visa renewals , photocopies , photographs , duplicates and triplicates required by every immigration office and outpost in this kingdom on a regular basis for every "alien" , it seems inconceivable that his whereabouts is as unknown as they say they are.

Yeah, how did he get a work permit or visa?

Just goes to show all the 90 day reporting, hassle etc is just about showing who's boss and has nothing to do with any kind of actual security

Hiding behind his wife, no work permit or business visa, therefore no tax payments. Everything in his wifes name, majority of ex pats seem to do the same, hopefully something will be done about this loop hole. All in her name then she owns the lot, he he.

She own's extensive land that is lease hold, she can borrow against this if she has not already done so.

I WOULD HATE TO BE IN THIS POSITION AS A LEASE HOLDER.

Who is running this business now???? 2 other Brits are running his Estate Agency, fronting it Hot Property. POLICE NEED TO DELVE DEEP HERE, GET RID OF THESE DRUG PEDDLER'S AND TAX EVADER'S.

I believe immigration are looking closely.

Hua Hin needs to be cleaned up.

Edited by Asbestos

Oxley will be caught/brought to justice, it's just a matter of time I reckon.

The story will more than likely be that Mr Ox will blame Mrs Ox, rats going down on a sinking ship springs to mind...

Yes, Interpol should check out recent luxury cars sales. Wait, there he is a RR in Cambodia!

post-15207-1233302757_thumb.jpg

post-15207-1233302706_thumb.jpg

This Post is 'spooky'.

The Forum has HuaHinDolly [Dolly was the victim's wife's name] being referred to the thugaroo. Is this how they met, or a coincidence?

Good point Eggo, I must admit when I found these posts, I was not then aware of the name of DW's wife and therefore overlooked the fact that the member, who responded to the query, could well have been DO himself.

Here is an interesting comment from elsewhere:

post-15207-1234317497_thumb.jpg

Maybe it is the Topic of a new thread; overnight I thought how strange, sad, weird that 3 men would carry this out for not much more than $1000 each! Even if they got away with it, that is does not even add up to 1/2 year salary.

Maybe 'getting away with it' is what they felt smug about? If you believe some of the Posts, one might think they felt 'protected' that they were working for the 'elite'?

OR, maybe they were minions who were intimidated to NOT do it.

Going out to kill good people for a measly 70,000 Bhat each!? sheeshh

Darren Oxley

Thank you for your contribution, but I feel it's necessary given your brand new membership, to cite some source of your photo.

Please provide the information to a moderator via private message.

The charges against him are too serious to allow uncorroborated photos of a criminal defendant to be posted.

Thank you and I hope you can understand my point.