Cost Of Uk Embassy Letters

A friend of mine is looking to obtain a letter from the UK Embassy to verify his pension. It is quite urgently required and he would prefer to obtain it by mail. Attempting to ring the Embassy on Friday led to no success and they are now closed until Tuesday.

What he requires to know, in order to despatch the fee by mail, is what the Embassy currently charges for this service (it was 5 years ago when I obtained mine).

Any assistance would be appreciated.

When I applied for my "confirmation of pension" letter at the UK Embassy 5 years ago, all I had to do was show the original of my company "confirmation of pension" and the letter was provided.

The only swearing involved was the profanity I came out with when I was told the cost!

:o

When I applied for my "confirmation of pension" letter at the UK Embassy 5 years ago, all I had to do was show the original of my company "confirmation of pension" and the letter was provided.

The only swearing involved was the profanity I came out with when I was told the cost!

:o

That could be. :D

But don't know how they could confirm a letter without your verified signature or appearance before them. Just don't want him to wait for mail service if it is not possible.

I went down on 16 Nov and to get the letter certifying my 2 pensions cost me 1800 baht.

I went in on the first morning and picked it up the next morning. I also had to show my passport and leave the letters. I am afraid that I do not know the cost of EMS postage.

If it urgent it may be better to apply in person as this will only take a couple of days rather than send it by post which may take a week or so depending on where you are.

I went down on 16 Nov and to get the letter certifying my 2 pensions cost me 1800 baht.

I went in on the first morning and picked it up the next morning. I also had to show my passport and leave the letters. I am afraid that I do not know the cost of EMS postage.

If it urgent it may be better to apply in person as this will only take a couple of days rather than send it by post which may take a week or so depending on where you are.

The price must have gone up after the 10th Nov. because I'm sure I only paid 1600 baht. I went in on Wed. morning and picked the letter up next day. I didn't ask if they could send it because a friend told me you have to pick it up personally. It would be handy to know if they do post them. Anyway, this same friend who had been getting a fresh letter for his pension each year was told at Pattaya Soi 8 to keep this latest letter as he could use it next year. So when I got my visa, I asked if I could use the letter next year and was told NO! you will need a new one. Anyone know why? No wonder we get confused when everybody gets a different answer! :o:D

The Thai's have a funny idea about documents being out of date......

In some cases it is valid, but if you are drawing a pension, what is usually for life,

especially a retirement pension.

The price must have gone up after the 10th Nov. because I'm sure I only paid 1600 baht. I went in on Wed. morning and picked the letter up next day. I didn't ask if they could send it because a friend told me you have to pick it up personally. It would be handy to know if they do post them. Anyway, this same friend who had been getting a fresh letter for his pension each year was told at Pattaya Soi 8 to keep this latest letter as he could use it next year. So when I got my visa, I asked if I could use the letter next year and was told NO! you will need a new one. Anyone know why? No wonder we get confused when everybody gets a different answer! :o:D

When I was granted my first retirement visa the officer retained both copies of the pension verification letter from the UK Embassy, then handed me the original and said keep for next year.