Help On Visa For S'poreans

I am a 32 yr old Singaporean and have been living here for 7 months now and planning to stay here for as long as possible have a gf here. Doing Visa runs every month to Vietianne Laos, Malaysia and Hongkong. Admitted on 30 Days Visa. I read many post and appriciate all the help everyone is putting in to help those who are un-sure. Currently i have a few question i am very unclear of .

1- The 90/180 Days Tourist Visa Rule.

At all immigration checkpoints i will see this sign and i counted i have over 140days stay in Thailand for the last 6 months. Does that mean i will not be issued another 30 Day Visa once i go out of Thailand.

2- Double Entry Visas from Laos.

I read from many of you who have successfully gotten this double visa 2x30days. Am i eligible for the double entry and would like to know how many double entries am i entitled from Laos ?

3-Visas i am allowed to apply for?

Which of the visa can i apply for a longer time here in Thailand by going to the Immigration Department? I am planning to get married at the amphur soon in a months time , till then what visa can i get for a longer term stay in Thailand or i only could do Visa runs every 30 days?

4-How long more actually can i stay here?

I really need to know how long more legally can i stay in Thailand without breaking any laws or whatsoever. And any suggestions i could do to lengthen my stay here in Thailand ?

5-30 day Visas Gurantee to work ?

If nothing can get me a long term stay is it true that by going to different borders to extend my visa or so to call it the visa-run i can gurantee my stay here every 30 days?

If so, do i have to go to different borders from the previous ones or can i continue using Laos and Langkawi(by boat from SATUN) as a way to extend my stay?

I am sorry if i have asked too many questions but after reading numerous post i find that they are all mainy for Nationalities of UK, US, Australians, Europeans and South Africans. Nothing much on Asians or Singapore posted. So i would urge anyone who can help me on this to work out an affordable plan to stay here long term.

You replies are very much appriciated. Thank You

1. The rule of maximum 90 days in 6 months refers only to visa-exempt stay in Thailand. The days you were in Thailand with a tourist visa do not count.

2. Yes.

3. After your marriage to a Thai, if you and your wife have a combined monthly income of at least 40,000 Baht you can apply for annual extensions of stay at your local immigration office. Otherwise, you can get a multiple-entry non-O visa from a Thai consulate.

4. How long you can stay now until you have to leave Thailand or apply for an extension is indicated by the “until” date on your latest arrival stamp in your passport.

5. After your marriage next month you will never have to do visa-exempt entries any more if you don’t want to. It’s going to be either annual extensions with proof of income or multiple-entry non-O visas.

--

Maestro

One correction to Maestro reply.

As a Singaporean your tourist visa to Thailand is free, however they will not grant you double entries. You can apply to as many visas as you wish, but it will always be a single entry for 60 days.

My wife tried to apply for double entries from several embassies and consulate and was willing to pay for it, but the answers was always No.

Sorry for that

Bishop

One correction to Maestro reply.

As a Singaporean your tourist visa to Thailand is free, however they will not grant you double entries. You can apply to as many visas as you wish, but it will always be a single entry for 60 days.

My wife tried to apply for double entries from several embassies and consulate and was willing to pay for it, but the answers was always No.

Sorry for that

Bishop

Sorry i thought the Visa is 30 Days/ entry ?

Single entry tourist visa is valid for 3 month and you can stay for up to 60 days.

Double, triple or what ever the number in a tourist visa is valid for only 3 month too, and you can stay for up to 60 days in each entry.

However, logically you can't stay for more than approximately 5 month with a tourist visa, provided that you have it with 3 entries. The trick is that you use the first entry for only one month (30 days) then you exit and enter to stay for 58 days or at least one to two days before the visa expired (Use before this date.....) and lastly you enter and stay for another 60 days.

Bishop :o

What does visa-exempt stay mean ?

Single entry tourist visa is valid for 3 month and you can stay for up to 60 days ..

How do i apply for this single entry tourist visa ?

I dun really get you post on the trick can you elaborate further ?

Sorry i am not clever

one more thing, my 30 day visa end of Nov 15 usually i go out 1 or 2 days earlier. And everytime i come back from a border same day in same day out is 30 days ? How can i get more days and is it wise to go in and come out or is it better to stay for a day insider Laos, Malaysia or Cambodia or whatsoever ?

Visa exempt stay means that you go to Thailand without a visa. As a Hong Kong national you can get 30 days up-on arrival at the border. This is free and gives you a maximum stay of 30 days. Under a bilateral egraament you can as many visa exempt entries as you want.

A single entry tourist visa is applied for at a Thai embassy/consulate and gives you 60 days of stay, which you can extend by another 30 days at an immigration office in Thailand at a cost of 1,900 baht. So it means you can stay longer without having to do a border run, but at a cost.

Edit: Hong Kong has bilateral agreement with Thailand.

Edited by Mario2008

one more thing, my 30 day visa end of Nov 15 usually i go out 1 or 2 days earlier. And everytime i come back from a border same day in same day out is 30 days ? How can i get more days and is it wise to go in and come out or is it better to stay for a day insider Laos, Malaysia or Cambodia or whatsoever ?

I suggest you go to the Thai consulate in Vientiane Laos. An earlier post informs that you can get a 60 day tourist visa for free. You apply the morning of one day and get it back the next afternoon.

You will need a copy of passport photo page and 2 photos.

Edited by ubonjoe

I understood that you are Singaporean and not a Hong Kong national, therefore you can get in to Thailand without a visa (visa exempt) as many time as you wish provided that the total days stayed in Thailand do not exceed 90 days during a period of 6 months (180 days) starting from the first entry stamp in your passport.

If you have already completed your 90 days stay during the past 6 months (check the date of your first entry without a visa in your passport and calculate 6 months) then go to any Thai embassy or consulate in the region (Singapore, Malaysia, Laos, etc.) and apply for a tourist visa. It is free for Singaporean and will permit you to stay for 60 days in Thailand extendable for another 30 days with a fee of 1900 baht at the emigration office.

Yep, my mistake about Hong Kong. No bilateral treaty on visa exempt entries for Singapore, so a maximum of 90 days in a 6 month period.

ok this is getting to me already Mastero said i could come for as long as possible some visa exempt for Singaporeans or something. Can't be 90/180 days cuz i am over that , this is all too confusing to comprehend for a minute.

So i cannot be here for more than 90 days but i am here for over 150 days and counting thoug i been to HK , Macau, Malaysia and Laos to extend my 30 day pass so what am i considered ? Illegeal to be in Thailand ?

Quote:

bjhabalPosted Yesterday, 2008-10-30 11:14:57 One correction to Maestro reply.

Sorry for that

Bishop

You can only stay a maximum of 90 days in a period of 6 months on visa exempt entries, that are 30 day the stamps you get when you come to Thailand and don't have a visa. It doesn't count towards a visa. On a visa you can come as many times as you want. So just go to a consulate and apply for a tourist visa , for Singaporeans they are free.

So i cannot be here for more than 90 days but i am here for over 150 days and counting thoug i been to HK , Macau, Malaysia and Laos to extend my 30 day pass so what am i considered ? Illegeal to be in Thailand ?

Asianbravo

I can not answer to your question. I have gone through every source of information that I can find on the internet.

It is possible that since you are a citizen of Singapore which is a member of Asean the 90 day rule does not apply.

My suggestion is that you ask immigration about this using the following page of the immigration website.

Link: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...hp?page=comment

Please let us know if you do this and get an answer to your question.

Otherwise go to a Thai consulate and get the free 60 day tourist visa mentioned previously.

Well, the 90 days for visa exempt rule apply to every body including Singaporean.

My wife is Singaporean and the rule apply on her too.

Asianbravo is not stating correctly his situation, and he can't be in Thailand for 150 days without a visa. I think there is some information are missing here.

Asianbravo, if you are not too clever and you don't wan to go to the border and refused entry as you said, then the only way to help you is that you open your passport and write down the dates of every entry and exit during the past year, and state if it was with or without a visa.

For example:

Enter Exit Status

14.03.08 12.04.08 without visa

23.04.08 21.06.08 visa

And so on.

Have a nice day

Well, the 90 days for visa exempt rule apply to every body including Singaporean.

Thanks for the answer to the 90 day rule question.

From reading his original and subsequent posts it sounds like he is using visa exempt entries. A lot of people mistakenly call this a visa.

So how has he gotten to 150 days? Maybe airport entries since immigration there does not always apply the 90 day rule.

I guess we will have to wait for an the answer in his next reply.

Joe

Edited by ubonjoe

No the 90 day rule doesn't apply to every body, it does apply however to Singaporeans.

Some countries have a bilateral agreement with Thailand, which allows them to come on visa exempt entries as much as they want.

See: http://www.mfa.go.th/internet/document/ChartVisa.pdf

* Note that Russians now also can make use of visa exempt entries under bilateral agreement.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Mario2008

Thanks for the answer to the 90 day rule question.

From reading his original and subsequent posts it sounds like he is using visa exempt entries. A lot of people mistakenly call this a visa.

So how has he gotten to 150 days? Maybe airport entries since immigration there does not always apply the 90 day rule.

I guess we will have to wait for an the answer in his next reply.

Joe

Like you Joe, I have been looking around . All I could come up with is this from the Vientiane Embassy Website. Which seems to back up bjhabal.

As he can get Tourist Visa for free I don't really see his problem.

Thank you guys for backing me up, however I can assure you that I don't post as many replies as others do for one reason, which is to make sure that my reply is almost correct and reflect my own or family member real experience. I don't post information obtained from other people, not because I don't trust them, but simply because they can do that themselves. However if they don't, then there are always good guys like you and the super moderators who can do the job perfectly.

Have a wonderful day

Where to get Tourist Visa for free ? Inside Thailand or in Vientiane's Thailand Embassy? And its 60 or 90 days this free tourist visa and how much it cost ? One other thing so after i finish this tourist visa can i go get some more ?

Unless you have a Singapore passport it will cost you 1,000 Baht. It will give you 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days in Thailand.

Can get from Vientiene. Can even get a double entry for 2,000 Baht.

When finished you can go and get another one.

You can get the visa from any Thai embassy or consulate, and it is free which means it cost nothing. Furthermore you can get as many visas as you wish, so every time you finish the visa, you can go and get new one, however you cannot have a double entry visa even if you want to pay for it.

Bishop

so which means to say i can go to Vientiane before my 30 days chop end go to the consulate in Laos pay 1k wait for a day and get 60 days more.

after which before the 60days end i can go there again and get another 60 days? am i right ?

so i can keep continuing this process in Vientiane till i die ? or is there a limit how many can i take from vientiane?......... great if what i understand is correct.

one more thing where is the consulate and how do i get there ? i haf never seen a cab at the checkpoint before.

So guranteed 60 days everytime ? and whats the extension 30 days mentioned ? if i extend 30 days can i go to Vientian before the 90 days to get another 60 days ?

soory for my lousy brain keep asking so many questions juz wanted 2 be sure of everything

If from Singapore its free. And you can only get a single entry and extend for 30 days.

If not its 1000 baht per entry. You can enter and extend the 60 permit to stay for 30 days giving a total of 90 days per entry. If you get a two entry visa that means that you can get almost 6 months by making a border run after the first 90 days.

Thus far there are no limits on the number of times you can do it.

The taxi's are not marked.

If you tell then you want to go to the Thai consul they will know where its at.

The followinf link gives the address and contact info. plus you can down load the application form from this site.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/vientiane/consu...ervices_en.html

Edited by ubonjoe

First:

It does not need to be from Vientiane every time, you can go to KL, or Penang or Kota Bharu, etc.

Second:

You do not pay 1k, the visa is free for Singaporean National.

Third:

You do not have to do this until you die. After you get two visas (60 days + 60 days), you can go and do visa run (30 days) at nearest border without a visa, and you can do that 3 times (30+30+30 days).

And after these 3 border runs, in 3 consecutive months you go and get new visa (for 2 times) from Vientian or anywhere else.

So

You go for visas 2 times and for border run, without visa, 3 times, and you do that every time until you die or until the immigration decide to change the law.

I hope that the way I write it to you now is clearer.

Bishop

I am a 32 yr old Singaporean and have been living here for 7 months now and planning to stay here for as long as possible have a gf here. Doing Visa runs every month to Vietianne Laos, Malaysia and Hongkong. Admitted on 30 Days Visa. I read many post and appriciate all the help everyone is putting in to help those who are un-sure. Currently i have a few question i am very unclear of .

I am sorry if i have asked too many questions but after reading numerous post i find that they are all mainy for Nationalities of UK, US, Australians, Europeans and South Africans. Nothing much on Asians or Singapore posted. So i would urge anyone who can help me on this to work out an affordable plan to stay here long term.

You replies are very much appriciated. Thank You

Asianbravo depending on your personal circumstances because Singapore (and Thailand ) is a member of APEC you should see if you can obtain

an APEC Business TravelCard ( see the link below ) It could save a lot of hassle because it is like a 3 year visa and you can 90 days at a time throughout the 3 years as well as visa exemption from 17 other countries …………………………………..

see :- http://www.businessmobility.org/about/index.html

Here are some contacts for you and good luck !

Temporary Business Residence

Work Pass Division

Ministry of Manpower

18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764

Tel: (65) 6438 5122

Fax: (65) 6317 1344

Short-Term Business Visit

Immigration & Checkpoints Authority

Ministry of Home Affairs

ICA Building

10 Kallang Road

#08-00