Cottage Cheese & Protein Powder

pedro01

Hi

I'm looking for low-fat cottage cheese - found it at Villa, Sukhumvit for 99 Baht/200g - seems a big pricey.

Also - protein powder. I'm currenlty on GNC's home brand but I'd like something with less sugar.

Thanks

Pedro

Hi

I'm looking for low-fat cottage cheese - found it at Villa, Sukhumvit for 99 Baht/200g - seems a big pricey.

Also - protein powder. I'm currenlty on GNC's home brand but I'd like something with less sugar.

Thanks

Pedro

I can't help you with the info you require, but I'm curious to know if you bought the protein powder here in Thailand. If so, what's it made from and how much does it cost per gram of protein?

I'll keep a look out for alternative powders and cottage cheese and will let you know if I find some.

Hey Pedro,

don't know if this will help but here is my two pence worth.

I get low fat yoghurt culture from Australia along with an easy yoghurt maker. with it I can make my own cheese. no sugar ,no salt.

the post man brings it right to my door within 7 days of ordering.

The yoghurt maker costs $A 18.50 and enough culture to make 6 litres of yoghurt costs $A10.95. I pay for it with my B1st card.

The yoghurt has 3 cultures in it L. Bulcarius; S. thermophilus; and L. acidophilus.

get more info from www.goldenglow.com.au

If you do make an order from them stress to them ''no advertising on package''

Hope this helps

Regards Joe

• 3 weeks later...

For protein powder, I suggest ordering from www.proteinfactory.com and having it shiiped to you in Thailand. This is the best source I know of. You can choose their cheapest variety or design your own protein powder with exactly the ingredients you want. They can ship to you in lightweight containers saving you a lot on shipping cost. You may be able to get a better price from them, including shipping, than you get at GNC.

For protein powder, I suggest ordering from www.proteinfactory.com and having it shiiped to you in Thailand.  This is the best source I know of.  You can choose their cheapest variety or design your own protein powder with exactly the ingredients you want.  They can ship to you in lightweight containers saving you a lot on shipping cost.  You may be able to get a better price from them, including shipping, than you get at GNC.

From what I understand, the sale of protein powder is heavily restricted in Thailand and subject to high import duties, hence GNC's ludicrously overpriced product. (Easier and cheaper to buy steroids. :o ) ermooney, have you yourself imported protein powder into Thailand from www.proteinfactory.com ? I imagine anything ordered overseas will be subject to the same import duties and restrictions as GNC's brand, so I'd be interested to know your experience. Myself, I gave up buying GNC's expensive brand and just combine non-fat milk with egg whites, adding some chocolate soy milk to give a little flavour.

Edited by a1falang

hey.. today I just joined California Fitness on Sukhumwit.. I went into their juice bar and found a 1kg container of whey protein (vanilla) .. this was the only kind they had.. I remembered your post so I thought I'd let you know.. the price was.. 1393Bt (I definitely have the first two numbers right)... anyway it's from that website thaiway.com so maybe they have more options in nana store..!

let us know if you end up going!

I just found this - http://www.thaiwhey.com/buy.html#

Anyone else brought some - I'd better check it out tomorrow....

Pedro

Good find, perdro01 I'll be sure to check it out.