Best Pizza In Bangkok

atull

There's a shop in Banglampoo which sells great pizza. It's in the soi behind the petrol station on the top end of Khao San Rd (just near the Israeli restaurants). The sign says PIZZA OWEN (I think it's meant to be OVEN :o ) and he used to have a shop in Ko Lanta.

He has the following pizzas and I have included prices for medium and large. These are wood fired oven pizzas too and are really good. (please note that I have copied these verbatim from the menu - spelling mistakes are included):

Pizza Quattro Stagion!

Pizza with eggplants, ham, shrimps, mushroom and cheese

130/150

Pizza Pescatora

Pizza with mixed seafood, onions, tomato and cheese

140/160

Pizza Calzone

Wrapped pizza dough with tomato, capers, onion, ham, egg, cheese

160/190

Pizza a Vostra Scelta

Create yourown pizza for basic pizza with 3 topping 10 baht per additional: tomato, ushroom, pineapple, onions, green pepers, egg, ham, bacon, shrimps, tuna, sausage, fish

130/150

Pizza Margherita

Pizza with tomato, basil leavs and cheese

110/140

Pizza Alla Napolitana

Pizza with tomato,capes, anchovies and cheese

130/150

Pizza Alla Rustica

Pizza with tomato, onions, tuna and cheese

130/150

Pizza Cappricciosa

Pizza with tomato, onions, bacon, nushrooms, ham, green peppers and cheese

140/160

Pizza Tropicale

Pizza with ham, pineapple, tomato and cheese

130/150

I dont know if it is the best, not having been to more than a few places, BUT ..... the New York Pizza on Sukhumvit Soi 4 opposite the Brunswick Pool Parlor (just before the Omni Tower) has pizza that is pretty good. Heating a slice takes a minute or two and you can have whatever toppings you want.

They have free WiFi HS Internet access there too as of Dec04.

I dont know if it is the best, not having been to more than a few places, BUT ..... the New York Pizza on Sukhumvit Soi 4 opposite the Brunswick Pool Parlor (just before the Omni Tower) has pizza that is pretty good. Heating a slice takes a minute or two and you can have whatever toppings you want.

They have free WiFi HS Internet access there too as of Dec04.

Wow, free wifi there? That place sounds great. Good pizza and free internet! I might make that place a routine stop.

Many people seem to like Bella Napoli in Suk. soi 31, but I do not like the place.

I prefer Basilico in Suk. soi 33. But I am not just going for the pizza, but for the whole place and eating experience. They have a wide variety of choices -not only pizza.

For delivery, I usually go for Pizza Company, but friends that have tried it say that Pizzanotti is much better: http://www.dininginthailand.com/pizzanotti.asp