Happy Halloween Everybody :)

george

happy-halloween-2008.jpg

Happy Halloween to all our members and visitors!

What are you doing today?

Feel free to post your Halloween pictures 2008!

From Wikipedia:

Halloween (or Hallowe’en) is an international holiday celebrated on October 31. Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, ghost tours, bonfires, costume parties, visiting haunted attractions, carving jack-o'-lanterns, reading scary stories, and watching horror movies.

Irish immigrants carried versions of the tradition to North America in the nineteenth century. Other western countries embraced the holiday in the late twentieth century. Halloween is celebrated in several countries of the Western world, most commonly in the United States, Canada, Ireland, Puerto Rico, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and at times in parts of Australia.

A chance to dress to impress (or not), meet fellow Thai Visa members and generally get pissed on all hallows eve 2008.

Date: Friday 31st October

Location: Witches Tavern, Thong Lor, Bangkok (appropriate, dont you think?)

Time 8pm

Read more here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Halloween-20...er-t213015.html

same to you Georgie boy,

may your tricks be a treat,

may your kin be pumped,

may your witch know witch time it is- for her to fly away on her broom.

may your ghosts be goulish, your goblins be gobblin and may your vampires be thirsty.

failing that, get hammered.

From Wikipedia:
Halloween (or Hallowe'en) is an international holiday celebrated on October 31. Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, ghost tours, bonfires, costume parties, visiting haunted attractions, carving jack-o'-lanterns, reading scary stories, and watching horror movies.

?? I think Wikipedia have the definition of an "international holiday" all wrong!!

Happy Halloween anyway

Halloween

- by Mary Jane Carr

Witches flying past on broomsticks,

Black cats leaping here and there,

White-robed spooks on every corner,

Mournful moaning in the air,

Goblins peering out of windows,

Spirit-things that rap and run-

But don't be scared-it's just October,

Having one last hour of fun!

Happy All Hallows Eve to every one, the fireworks are scaring Leo & Sadie so I am ve :o ry

Edited by Mossfinn

On Halloween, for thousands of years, druid priests have supposedly conducted diabolical worship ceremonies in which cats, horses, sheep, oxen, human beings and other offerings were rounded up, stuffed into wicca cages and burned to death.

These human and animal sacrifices or offerings, were apparently required to appease Samhain and keep the spirits from harming them.

Trick or Treat

To obtain these sacrifices, druid priests would go from house to house asking for fatted calves, black sheep and human beings. Those who gave were promised prosperity, and those who refused to give were threatened and cursed. This is the origin of "trick or treat."

Jack-O-Lantern

The Jack-O-Lantern has its origin in the candle-lit pumpkin or skull, which served as a signal to mark those farms and homes that supported the druids' religion, and thus were seeking the "treat" when the terror of Halloween began.

Dance of Death

While people and animals were screaming in agony, being burnt to death, the druids and their followers would dress in costumes made of animal skins and heads.

They would dance, chant and jump through the flames in the hope of warding off evil spirits.

Is it not a way too have a bonfire and dance covort and partake in sexual congress without the iminent fear of arrest.

Have a Happy Halloween.. tut There's somebody at the door!

The little brats are starting to go right over the top about halloween in England, when i were a lad it were just about causing a nuisance, id like to ban it along with Xmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Valentines day and any other event were someone expects me to wish them a happy day or buy them a card or present.

The little brats are starting to go right over the top about halloween in England, when i were a lad it were just about causing a nuisance, id like to ban it along with Xmas, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, Valentines day and any other event were someone expects me to wish them a happy day or buy them a card or present.

On Christmas Day will your name be Scrooge, by any chance? :o

OTT Xmas in the UK. Starts in October and ends in early January unlike here where you still see the Happy Xmas banners up in June or later :D At least here it is not rammed down your gullet everywhere you walk and no need to feel you have to buy a present for every bit part relative in the family. Gotta love Thailand.

Well, to get back in the Halloween spirit, my sister emailed me this pic of my nephew's Halloween costume this year. Brilliant!

post-4641-1225509910_thumb.jpg

Yepper great costume..... And the looks of that front yard I am now realizing how the commercialization of Halloween has grown so much.

On Halloween, for thousands of years, druid priests have supposedly conducted diabolical worship ceremonies in which cats, horses, sheep, oxen, human beings and other offerings were rounded up, stuffed into wicca cages and burned to death.

These human and animal sacrifices or offerings, were apparently required to appease Samhain and keep the spirits from harming them.

Trick or Treat

To obtain these sacrifices, druid priests would go from house to house asking for fatted calves, black sheep and human beings. Those who gave were promised prosperity, and those who refused to give were threatened and cursed. This is the origin of "trick or treat."

Jack-O-Lantern

The Jack-O-Lantern has its origin in the candle-lit pumpkin or skull, which served as a signal to mark those farms and homes that supported the druids' religion, and thus were seeking the "treat" when the terror of Halloween began.

Dance of Death

While people and animals were screaming in agony, being burnt to death, the druids and their followers would dress in costumes made of animal skins and heads.

They would dance, chant and jump through the flames in the hope of warding off evil spirits.

Is it not a way too have a bonfire and dance covort and partake in sexual congress without the iminent fear of arrest.

Have a Happy Halloween.. tut There's somebody at the door!

You have been reading some seriously inaccurate info (stuff like this is usually found on fundamentalist websites and publications,the source data they quote is invariably other fundie material). :o

Celtic scholars have identified over 300 Celtic deities not one of which is a God of Death. The literal translation of Samhain is 'end of summer'.

The druids used pumpkins!!!!!!!!!! :D The pumpkin is not a native plant of Europe.

I cannot stand trick or treating, it is an invention of the 20th century USA and only very loosely based on the social custom imported to the USA in the 1800's by Scots and Irish immigrants.

Will this holiday take off in Thailand.....what Thai have you ever met who won't be up for another party, it is bound to happen I just hope they don't adopt the worse aspects of it.