How To Make Money In Thailand...

Datsun240Z

What are your qualifications? . A very lame thread so don't expect any serious response if you cant be bothered telling us about yourself

What do you need to know about me? All I need to know is what are good ways for making (big) money in Thailand. I'm sure not everyone is willing to tell or share his story here. Just looking for some information, that's all. Or someone willing to cooperate together with me. Offcourse I understand you can make more money in Western countrys for sure. My background is in the managment area in the technical sector. But I don't see much money involved in the kind of area in Thailand actually.

As I was thinking of Export ass well, but need more information on that. :)

I also was thinking of buying Real Estate ( just the land ) here build some houses, or some kind of Resort ( Western building style, quality ) and advertise in the European/American market for renting it as holiday stay for foreigners. Offcourse you'r income will be depending on the economical situation and stability in Thailand, if Foreigner will come....

My Educations are:

- Webdesigner, IT Communications

- MBO Level 4 Mechanical Engineer

- MBO Level 4 Car,Bike Engineer.

- Some additional studies in Science and Foreign Langauges.

Bart.

To be serious,I have gone trough your numerous topics about making money in thailand.I read your education qualifications in this post,I read about all the jobs you did already in europe and abroad in other posts and the time you have already spent in Thailand and I also read somewhere that you claim to be 22 years old.

Well if I count everything you claim then you must be at least 15 years older or trolling a lot.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As my bankaccount resources are not endless. And I want to stay a longer while in Thailand and change my visum. What are the best options for a foreigner like me to make good money in Thailand?

I'm still looking for this breaktrough... anybody got some good tips?

Dress up in the pictured outfit. Hang about the Loi Kroh road in Chiang Mai after 8.00pm any night of the week convenient for you.

You're make a fortune.

:)

2nd option - open a bar in Pattaya.

Please be serious. I do not want to do my activities in the city Pattaya, that's the last place on earth i think of.

best to stay in sunny bK then but make certain you have a medical insurance plan for the problems you will get with your lungs.The giant rats are not nice too.

The OP ought to be aware, if he is not already, that nothing would cause more spite and envy than if he actually did move to Thailand and start making a good income here.

Yeah, there is even a lot of warning against such action on these forums. Perhaps, because there is a high rate of failure and they are looking out for people like OP or maybe the thought of someone else even trying makes people upset. Quite a few 'haters' here.

First you need a "B" visa second you need a work permit and generally speaking you either need money to invest/start up or an education that would qualify you for employment. Now you mentioned you wanted to make good money so that excludes the teaching of languages. I guess the question is what did you do in your country for money?

The OP ought to be aware, if he is not already, that nothing would cause more spite and envy than if he actually did move to Thailand and start making a good income here.

Yeah, there is even a lot of warning against such action on these forums. Perhaps, because there is a high rate of failure and they are looking out for people like OP or maybe the thought of someone else even trying makes people upset. Quite a few 'haters' here.

no hate here. but cmon how many come here and open and succeed running a buznit?

no hate here. but cmon how many come here and open and succeed running a buznit?

I do suppose those who post OP's like "How can I make money in Thailand" are probably too inexperienced to succeed. I was not really referencing this thread. Other threads where people mention a business starting in their family or already in progression seem to attract a lot of comments along the lines of "Oh, well just wait until the rainy season" or '200 baht? For that? Good luck. A fair price would be 120-130 baht", etc.

I know someone with your background that "dances" on the side…haha :)

Seriously, at your age and the education background…and have no clue of what to do with your life.......Then come here to ask the advices from bunches of strangers who most cases have never owned a business in their entire life or ever seen a balance sheet……You got to be kidding yourself here!!!

Are you seeing TV as a guide for “How to open a successful business for dummies”?

Go do some soul searching, “SERIOUSLY”…

To find out what you want in life, then get more education and training…then you may rethink of your plan to Thailand again

At this time…..You have no business to be in Thailand in the first place

Believe me, most likely you will be crying home, very soon from now

Don't think too loosely, you may come to regret it later on

Just try to help here

I live in Rayong and as you might know this is an industrial area in Thailand. Lots of people out here need apartments or small houses to live in. One way to make a bit of money is to buy a plot of land subdivide it and build small houses on the subdivided land and sell them. You should be able to profit 100,000 baht up per house. I would build them to sell to Thais more than westerners.

Another way is to build apartments for rent. In Rayong apartments are on high demand. Rent isn't really high (2000-3000B/month) but say you build 50+ appartments rent them all, which shoulden't be a problem, there is an extra 100,000-150,000B a month.

I have a plot of 6rai in Rayong and sometime in the future I'm going to build either houses or apartments on it. I just don't have the time at the moment to do it. Well if you have more questions contact me. Cheers

I live in Rayong and as you might know this is an industrial area in Thailand. Lots of people out here need apartments or small houses to live in. One way to make a bit of money is to buy a plot of land subdivide it and build small houses on the subdivided land and sell them. You should be able to profit 100,000 baht up per house. I would build them to sell to Thais more than westerners.

Another way is to build apartments for rent. In Rayong apartments are on high demand. Rent isn't really high (2000-3000B/month) but say you build 50+ appartments rent them all, which shoulden't be a problem, there is an extra 100,000-150,000B a month.

I have a plot of 6rai in Rayong and sometime in the future I'm going to build either houses or apartments on it. I just don't have the time at the moment to do it. Well if you have more questions contact me. Cheers

Nice try.

Build a ---------- website offshore and have it cater to Thais. Note, -------- is illegal in Thailand (but don't tell the Thais this because the industry is estimated to be worth about 100,000 million Baht (about 2 billion US$ and change) just during the various major 2-3 week tournaments/cups each year). That's per tournament, not the estimates for the entire year. And that's just one sport, which is a minute midget to the amount of funds circulated in the various underground ---------. hint: do yourself a favor and make sure your admin team is offshore as well so that you don't wind up on the news.

No, that's not what I did to get to where I am, but when you lend money here, you inevitably will meet some people (make that boatloads) with --------- issues. I would otherwise suggest private lending as a way to get ahead, but you have to actually have the funds in the first place before you lend them out.

I just looked it up and and "Visum" is latin for sex change I think

Visum is a Dutch word.

Every time I see somebody use the word visum on the forum, I can't help but think of Frank Zappa'a "Thingfish" character.

Renting out Property, Condo's & Rooms ect...

Most folks will need to get their cash cows up and feeding first before they do that. I do love rent though compared to many businesses (even money lending in a way), because there's almost no risk, no inventory loss, the asset typically only appreciates,... and even if your tenants set fire to the place, you might even be better off than before.

Offshore work, pays well. I have a little experience in this as worked with Shell in the past. But I do not want something like this anymore. ( To much long times away from home)

The Oil and Gas Business is more then just offshore work. Thailand is booming right now in the construction of oil and gas facilities, both upstream and downstream. Will be interesting to see how the next year works out...

TH

I left that business 17 years ago and never looked back, even though I was getting more per day than the average daily wage here.

There are much better ways to make money here.

import/export

stockbroker

online poker player(which isn't illegal BTW)

money-lender

restaurant/bar owner

etc etc

The easiest and why most lazy, unambitious guys choose it(including myself for many years :) ) is teaching English.

Also, are you learning Thai already? If not get off your "gon".

Renting out Property, Condo's & Rooms ect...

Most folks will need to get their cash cows up and feeding first before they do that. I do love rent though compared to many businesses (even money lending in a way), because there's almost no risk, no inventory loss, the asset typically only appreciates,... and even if your tenants set fire to the place, you might even be better off than before.

I do believe that renting out would be the key, for steady income.

Offshore work, pays well. I have a little experience in this as worked with Shell in the past. But I do not want something like this anymore. ( To much long times away from home)

The Oil and Gas Business is more then just offshore work. Thailand is booming right now in the construction of oil and gas facilities, both upstream and downstream. Will be interesting to see how the next year works out...

TH

I left that business 17 years ago and never looked back, even though I was getting more per day than the average daily wage here.

import/export

stockbroker

money-lender

restaurant/bar owner

etc etc

The easiest and why most lazy, unambitious guys choose it(including myself for many years :) ) is teaching English.

But you not gonna claim that any of those ideas provided especially the teaching job makes you the same money as the oil business do you.

TH

import/export

stockbroker

money-lender

restaurant/bar owner

etc etc

But you not gonna claim that any of those ideas provided especially the teaching job makes you the same money as the oil business do you.

No, more for some, I have a friend for example who exports - he started small and now has a business employing over 300 - makes millions.

Another friend makes on average $20,000 a month playing poker.

My mother-in-law owns a night club in Khon Kaen - earns heaps!

etc

I just looked it up and and "Visum" is latin for sex change I think

Visum is a Dutch word.

Every time I see somebody use the word visum on the forum, I can't help but think of Frank Zappa'a "Thingfish" character.

Visum is Latin for vision, which the op as onanist appears to have lost :)

Build a ---------- website offshore and have it cater to Thais. Note, -------- is illegal in Thailand (but don't tell the Thais this because the industry is estimated to be worth about 100,000 million Baht (about 2 billion US$ and change) just during the various major 2-3 week tournaments/cups each year). That's per tournament, not the estimates for the entire year. And that's just one sport, which is a minute midget to the amount of funds circulated in the various underground ---------. hint: do yourself a favor and make sure your admin team is offshore as well so that you don't wind up on the news.

No, that's not what I did to get to where I am, but when you lend money here, you inevitably will meet some people (make that boatloads) with --------- issues. I would otherwise suggest private lending as a way to get ahead, but you have to actually have the funds in the first place before you lend them out.

Wow, zomg, genius. Everything is done above board and licensed somewhere like Costa Rica or the Caribbean? I know there are tons of sports book online, but doing one in Thai language is such a nice idea. The only other thing one would need to do is find the best means of advertising in Thailand. I image it would not be all that hard to keep a degree separation and even attempt forms of advertising like mailing/handing out fliers, and obviously, web based advertising and affiliates, which is the way the majority of online poker rooms operate. you place their banner on your site and recieve a percentage of the amount the site earns from those people gambling. you also need a payment processor to send and recieve funds.

my intuition is that for someone who writes and speaks Thai, there are probably ridiculous oportunities online to make money and establish websites/web businesses that don't yet exist here.

"Most folks will need to get their cash cows up and feeding first before they do that. I do love rent though compared to many businesses (even money lending in a way), because there's almost no risk, no inventory loss, the asset typically only appreciates,... and even if your tenants set fire to the place, you might even be better off than before."

True dat. Although, I think Macau has no capital gains tax and only 2.5 hours away and probably going to see insane price increases in the future as its just getting started, is a tax haven, is an Island.

Edited by JohnGotti

Well here i am having a go at this thread , . First of all , if you do need advice that make money , i would not share much online .

and least of all you at least got to treat me to a few dinner before i spill anything worth while as a friendly . touch .

The very Fact that there is no perfect job or work that make the perfect income ..

and trust me , forget those silly claim that you can make 4000 usd or more part time and enjoy travelling around .

the truth is , if those guys unless married or badly in love with a wonderful thai girl .. most would had leave this country .

in some ironical Fact . alot had been here due to the most simple reason , their country is too expensive for them . be it Living or medical .

----

Ta22's Law No.1 of business is alway protect your investment . so nobody is going to just come to a forum and give away his trade scret or where he dig his gold .

----

there is a few basic rule , of cos you can put in labour & Time in exchange for income . but due to the complexity of paper work and work permit .. this is not a good option . as the spending maybe higher then the income you will really be making .

----

Buying into Existing business . there is really only a 1 -3% chances of a successful business if it going to be Sold . on a QUICK and GET away basis .

over the last 10 = years i am here i had heard countless . Sucessful money earning . venture . that is going to make you million . and due to teh fact i need to leave thailand , i can sell it for half the price . I say is bullshit . the cheap labour . in thailand mean that if that business is really making Million like what the seller claim . - hiring . a Good management Team be it a farang or Thai would be only less then 10% of the operation cost . So why is it going to sell it off for 50% of the price when you can still can Milk the cow even when you are away . so no logical business man is going to give up his stable income for a unstable Future . - which go back to Law NO. 1 .

----

Making Money Work for you .

----

the understanding of how to work your money . can be a very interesting topic . Most people who use money . in Fact is using money below it current value . and to the extent of Storing waiting for it to devlaue or the living expand to go up . so the value go down .

one good example is if you got 5000 baht keep in a safe for 5 years . eg. years 1995 - 2000

in 1995 for 5000 baht you can get 250 bowl of noodle

in 2000 for 5000 baht you can get 200 bowl of noodle

That is 50 bowl less . in the gap of 5 years and in term of devalue is 20% or more .

----

one might ask , is easier to said then done . and how do i make my money work for me .

-- Ahhhhhh .. that the problem . we have here now , if i share my money making idea , i would be narrowing my own market of income .. thus not protecting my investment . and please refer to Law No. 1

----

Ta22's Law No.1

protect your investment

Ta22's law NO.2

The world really have more Money Then you can imagine .

Ta22's Law No 3

The more people You know The easier you can make money

Ta22's Law No 4

Give to Take , Share to Earn

Ta22's Law No 5

Save not what you Spend , Spend not what you Save .

----

Most business do not have instant result . and usually some party be it the investor or someone already spend month or years working on a perfect plan .

but the common problem when a plan that had been go over for years is that it easily get Outdate to match the current market .

----

is good to Plan ahead but don't plan too Far . cos your plan might nto matches the coming turn .

is like driving to a unknow destination , you might know the distance , the Gps even the Map . but the Road and weather condition Might give you a Run for your well plan trip . Same go for business .

Ta22's Law No 6

Don't look at the Result , look at the problem .

Most business prefer to show the result then the progress .

especially when you are going to just take over a running business which you may not had done it before .

this would put you in the chair , when problem happen , everyone know how to press the caculator and caculate the number ,

but not everyone know how to fix the caculator when it damage .

----

there is more then enough info out there to show you what and how to make money .

Ta22's Law 7

DOn't Root yourself

look carfull to something that Suit you , is not alway the one with the best number , specially in thailand , there is just too many , unknown . and who you need to pay off . specially in the Bar and soem tourist business . there is just too many mouth to feed , and many of those RAT only come out . week if not month after you took over and finally get a hang out it. the glance preiod is to make sure you root yourself enoigh so you would not run when there come to leech you . so do not mistake it as a good will .

----

Most investment which ask for huge amount . will bind you in a position where backing off would make you lose money and advacing will make you lose more .and many is un able to cut lose and in the end . you get another poster here , starting a thread on how he got Scam .

----

Ta22's Law no 8

Profit Must alway be shared

----

Anyone business that do not share it profit one way or another . is not going to Last .

The complex cycle Just renew itself when you Share the profit .

----

TA22's Law no 9

Don't Lie to Yourself .

if it too good to be true . Think it over and ask not 1 of your friend Ask a Doz for god sake .

i am sure Thai visa can provide you with all kinda Alt logic .

Ta22's LAW No 10

You bring None at the End of Days

if you do consider the simple Fqact that what ever you Made is not going with you at the End of days .

the different between 1,000 and 1,000,000 the gap in your mind would narrow , allowing you to see more clearly into the real value and usuage of money .

----

i had gave a special Group of people a Name i call them the " Half Empty GANG "

before the H.E.G come pour their remaining half cup on me and call me a scam or trying to Con someone into business just cos i enjoy talking about business and making friends and people .

i would say the Option is Yours .

i relaly do not let much people change Me , as a business man you should alway open your eyes and ear to others , and understand the basis of human nature .

last but not least .

Ta22's Law 11

Enjoy Your venture

:) hehe now thats business :D