Car Insurance.

undercover

I have been insured with The Viriyah Insurance co ltd for the past two years, the cost for a first cover policy is 26.000 baht, I have never made a claim so cannot say if they are a good insurance or not.

A Thai guy living next to me is insured first cover with a company sounds to me like sin man kong ? he is paying only 16.000 baht. also never made a claim.

A Farang I know is insured with Liberty insurance, first cover I think hes paying around 20.000 baht again never made a claim.

Does anybody know of these companys ? :o

Edited by undercover

I have been insured with The Viriyah Insurance co ltd for the past two years, the cost for a first cover policy is 26.000 baht, I have never made a claim so cannot say if they are a good insurance or not.

A Thai guy living next to me is insured first cover with a company sounds to me like sin man kong ? he is paying only 16.000 baht. also never made a claim.

A Farang I know is insured with Liberty insurance, first cover I think hes paying around 20.000 baht again never made a claim.

Does anybody know of these companys ? :D

I use LMG, Liberty Mutual Group. I have used them for a number of years and never had a claim until my wife started driving. :o

I think they are a good company and priced more expensive than some and cheaper than some others. My 2007 Ford Focus has full coverage and costs about 15,300 per year. My Nissan pickup cost about the same but I lost the no claim discount because of my wife.

Does anybody know of these companys ? :o

It is virtually impossible to give the pro's and con's of all the insurance companies without writing a small book. They all have the occasional hic-up and it's very unfortunate if that happens to be you.

Our recommendation is always go though a Broker for the added help and protection (you gain nothing and can loose by going direct) as they will know the "better" (?) companies.

All Thai Visa members have the added Advantage of your own 'house' Broker see :

http://insurance.thaivisa.com

Actually the insurance company you are with Viriyah Insurance co ltd is doing a very good job.

They send out a letter to all the shops that repair for them that the shops need to have some quality standards in place.

One of them is that a shop needs to use paint products which have been approved by all major carmakes.

Workers need to be trained on a regular base and a lot of other quality related issues.

They also pay the shop within one month as were the cheaper ones will wait for as long as 3 months.

So if you have one of those cheaper ones, sometimes a shop will refuse to repair your car, saying they are too busy, that kind of things.

You will then end up in some of the independed shops where the quality of work is terrible.

If you wanna know more about this just let me know.

Alex

The theft coverage is not the same. I have two same cars in the same age. One is covered by viraya for 450'k where i pay 24'k p/Year and the other one is covered by some cheap charlie insurance for 350'k, where i pay 16'k a year. Until know i'm happy to say that i din't have to claim any of them.

The theft coverage is not the same. I have two same cars in the same age. One is covered by viraya for 450'k where i pay 24'k p/Year and the other one is covered by some cheap charlie insurance for 350'k, where i pay 16'k a year. Until know i'm happy to say that i din't have to claim any of them.

The amount covered for total loss is up to you really. Typically they insure you for 80% on new vehicles which is stupidly low but you can have it upped to 90% at least for very little cost. This level can then be transferred to another company which I know as I now have it at a much higher agreed value through Axa and Thai Visa Insurance acting as brokers.