Does Thailand Need A Michael Moore To Tell The Truth?

thaigene2

Several posters have alluded to the fact that a Michael Moore-type reporter in Thailand would be bumped off or jailed.  These types of reporters do get murdered regularly in Russia, and I was there for the consequences when one such reporter was murdered in Iraq, but I am not as versed in Thai recent history.

Have there been investigative reporters murdered or jailed in Thailand?  I honestly don't know and look to others with more knowledge on the subject.

All the time. There is a thread currently running on the News Clippings page here.. Thailand has a really bad rep for this type of crime, amongst others.

Michael Moorer is a shit-stirrer and self-publicist, but does raise valid points and arguments. Albeit in an annoying (imo) manner.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMHO every country needs a MM,but if thailand had one he/she would not last long,probably get bumped off.

P.s. "horsedoctor i love your comments"

LOL samui, you are not wrong there..however, Thailand does have a bit of an outspoken "Michael Moore" although he probably won't like being classified as such, and I apologise, but he is a single voice at times against million, go and look up "Giles" on asiasentinnel.com and tell me how HE has not been bumped off! good luck to the guy, you may not always agree with what he says, but, at least he has some balls!

Several posters have alluded to the fact that a Michael Moore-type reporter in Thailand would be bumped off or jailed.  These types of reporters do get murdered regularly in Russia, and I was there for the consequences when one such reporter was murdered in Iraq, but I am not as versed in Thai recent history.

Have there been investigative reporters murdered or jailed in Thailand?  I honestly don't know and look to others with more knowledge on the subject.

with Thailand being the hub of news supression??? The answer is yes, of course... so far this year there's been four murders.... and there's still two months to go....

Local newspaper editor gunned down, fourth journalist murdered this year

Reporters Without Borders is outraged by the murder of Wallop Bounsampop, Editor-in-Chief of "Den Siam", a local newspaper based in Chonburi province (south of Bangkok), on 5 October 2008. The motive is not yet known but some of his articles on local politics had earned him enemies. He is the fourth journalist to be murdered in Thailand since the start of the year.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2264168

Edited by sriracha john

IMHO every country needs a MM,but if thailand had one he/she would not last long,probably get bumped off.

P.s. "horsedoctor i love your comments"

LOL samui, you are not wrong there..however, Thailand does have a bit of an outspoken "Michael Moore" although he probably won't like being classified as such, and I apologise, but he is a single voice at times against million, go and look up "Giles" on asiasentinnel.com and tell me how HE has not been bumped off! good luck to the guy, you may not always agree with what he says, but, at least he has some balls!

people are too busy ignoring or laughing at Giles to be concerned enough to take measures to bump him off... that's the price of being considered insignificant.

btw, he's about as far away from being a MM as possible.