Thaksin Begs For "Royal Kindness"

Jai Dee

...both sides hurling virtually identical accusations at each other, unaware or refusing to believe that their own side is just as flawed philosophically as the other. Both expecting the other should back down.

Your biggest mistake is seeing two sides where there's only Thaksin, and people who want him take responsibility for his crimes. There's no philosophical discussion about it. Once he's gone, reds and yellows will quickly run out of topics to argue about.

You're very rigid in your mindset - and that is symptomatic of this entire stand-off that is happening. People saying that only their point of view exists.

Thaksin's a criminal who is not fit to be the PM, there are not other views on this.

There are people saying that he should be the PM not matter how many crimes he has commited - that's not a view, that's a whim.

All the rest is immaterial, there's no class struggle, rising people power, elites wanting to protect their turf - those are just Thaksin's excuses not to go to jail. I read this stuff every day in Nation's comics - Poncho is great at inventing them, but Danae is really the best. Toby of the Buckets family is getting a hang of it, too.

Newsflash: he's not the PM.

Koo wants him to be. And so are tens of thousands of reds at the stadium last Saturday.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...both sides hurling virtually identical accusations at each other, unaware or refusing to believe that their own side is just as flawed philosophically as the other. Both expecting the other should back down.

Your biggest mistake is seeing two sides where there's only Thaksin, and people who want him take responsibility for his crimes. There's no philosophical discussion about it. Once he's gone, reds and yellows will quickly run out of topics to argue about.

You're very rigid in your mindset - and that is symptomatic of this entire stand-off that is happening. People saying that only their point of view exists.

Thaksin's a criminal who is not fit to be the PM, there are not other views on this.

There are people saying that he should be the PM not matter how many crimes he has commited - that's not a view, that's a whim.

All the rest is immaterial, there's no class struggle, rising people power, elites wanting to protect their turf - those are just Thaksin's excuses not to go to jail. I read this stuff every day in Nation's comics - Poncho is great at inventing them, but Danae is really the best. Toby of the Buckets family is getting a hang of it, too.

Koo wants him to be. And so are tens of thousands of reds at the stadium last Saturday.

He's been done for a land scam and over tax. Yes, he's a criminal, a felon, but he ain't Garry Glitter. And he's not PM, though obviously he influences the government in every way, so is as good as.

And I know you're praying he disappears forever, but he's not going to vanish. So how does one deal with that likelihood (without getting so frustrated as to get an aneurysm ! ) ? He's healthy, still quite young. He could be still appearing on TV topic headlines in 20 years time.

[

Finally, the sheep roars :o .

If this guy had more to offer than a few bleats and whimpers he would be in power now.

The problem is not just that Thaksin was too strong, it's that the Democrats are too weak. And that's their fault, not Thaksin's.

Sorry Sir, who is the sheep in this case?

The Democrats try, try in earnest, just have a look what this thread, the PAD is all about, if you would have understood, you wouldn't have written such BS.

Read further, as long as his cronies are at the helm and no massive changes in the system are allowed to be made, nothing can be done unless its for the benefit of the well established circle of cronies and the "Amendment of the Charter" will just tighten the grip onto power further!

This is not a simple game of Monopoly, where dices decide, here the master is pulling the strings from a safe haven as he wishes, a convicted criminal and ousted politician using every means to get things done HIS way!

Think again!

If the Democrats had any strengh or a leader that hadn't just assumed he would be in power, they would have won the election.

I'll spell it out again as you obviously havn't read or understood my posts. "I WOULD PREFER A DEMOCRAT GOVERNMENT TO A TRT/PPP ON ANYDAY" Please show some maturity and stop calling me a Thaksin lover. I am not!

I'ts the self righteous PAD that are the problem and they are around as a direct result of the weakness of the Democrat Leader and the Democrat party as a whole. The election was close enough for them to have won it if they had fought it properly.

You should understand that should the PAD get in with their appointed government idea, it will be the end of critical analysis of the government. There will be no posts on here slagging off the "New Order" as we are free to do on here with PAD/TRT/PPP/DAAD and you can take that to the bank.

A small group of PAD, when they shut phuket airport were chanting "Falang go home" until somebody realised the PR gaff and shut them up. Their cronys last year when in power tried to bring in the FBA and even tried to make it more anti foreigner in its final draft. They will screw the country over just to keep themselves at the trough.

Be careful what you wish for... you may get it!

Edited by grandpops

STOPPAGE TIME

Dear everyone, thanks for all the good work

By Tulsathit Taptim

The Nation

Published on November 5, 2008

DEAR Somchai,

I miss you too, buddy. Great speech in Chiang Mai, but how silly you were to give me such bold praise like that, and coming after the court ruling, as well. It touched me, anyhow.

The asylum thing is getting a bit complicated. You've done well on your part to buy me some time. The public prosecutors and Foreign Ministry are doing their best for Thailand by doing virtually nothing with regard to extradition. Good job.

I've heard that up to 100,000 people will join the Rajamangala Stadium rally. Make sure the authorities provide all necessary conveniences.

Hope the Charter amendment plan is going well. We do need to replace the 2007 junk with a real Constitution by the people for the man of the people.

Best regards,

Your brother-in-law.

PS. The baht appears to be holding against the global financial storm pretty well. So, no major government decision regarding our national currency at the moment, I guess. Keep me posted about the situation, anyway.

Dear Veera,

Many thanks for the smooth phone-in show. What a massive gathering! How I wish I were there to rub their noses in it.

Poor Aung Saan Suu Kyi. She should be able to organise the same show of force for the world to see. If they hadn't made a big fuss out of my EXIM loan to Burma, that country's IT development could have been sophisticated enough to enable its freedom fighters to give it a shot. What a shame.

Again, very well done. The other side has been reduced to a few thousand stubborn fanatics and a dozen clueless judges. We will steam-roller them in no time.

All the best,

Your thankful interviewee.

Dear Newin,

No problem. Come and meet me in London or Hong Kong. You will be joining many government MPs. We need to move fast but discretely on Charter amendment.

Of course, I want you back in the team. We are such a big political mechanism, so it's normal that you guys squabble sometimes. That you and Yongyuth are talking again is a good sign.

Your mass mobilisation skills are very well appreciated. It's the only way we can counter-balance the dictatorial judges. Thank Buddha for democracy, or we would never have checks and balances to keep them at bay.

All is forgiven, my boy,

Still shoulders for you to cry on.

PS. Too many square-faced mythical statues are in the news nowadays. Do you have anything to do with that? If so, be more prudent.

Dear British asylum authorities,

That I have five countries offering me honorary citizenship doesn't mean I'm withdrawing my bid to seek your asylum. Please forgive my globetrotting activities that some people say might have compromised your political refugee regulations. I didn't know that. My honest mistake.

The political persecution that I have had to endure must have become clear to you now through the sheer scale of popular support you saw on Saturday, through comments from MPs of the ruling party, as well as the Thai prime minister himself. Only a bunch of misguided judges and a few thousand fascists stand between Thailand and a way back to democracy.

Do you think that it's fair for a man who is loved by millions and whose political party commands the majority in the Parliament and runs the government with such a strong mandate to be politically persecuted like this? Please, hands on your hearts, answer this.

Yours sincerely

Champion of the poor

Dear Thai people,

I'm still overwhelmed by the outpouring of love that you showed on Saturday. I don't know how to thank you. All I can say is, the memory will stay in a special place inside me forever.

Without you, they would have finished me on Day One. They would have had their way with all the stock nominees that I used for purely technical reasons. Since they couldn't get me for the silly charge of share concealment, they asked my family to pay taxes that we weren't supposed to pay. When I refused to pay, they pressured me to resign. When their pressure didn't work, thanks to you, they used tanks and guns to force me out.

Now that you have voted my party back to power, they are trying to put me in jail using judicial outfits and decorative clauses in the anti-corruption laws.

Only you can help me. Only you can put this shameful mockery of democracy to the sword. Only you can maximise my potential. Like I said the other day, it saddens me when countries are lining up to present honours to me or seek my economic advice, while all I can do for Thailand is watch her sink. There is so much more I could do for my own country.

Please, Thailand, bring me back.

Your beloved son.

marshbags :o

Edited by marshbags

Such wit.

Do we need 10 year old journalists involving themselves in this debate?

Are YOU going to add something to it? or just take pot shots at people (without even countering a thing they say?)

well ... I guess we already know the answer to that!

He's been done for a land scam and over tax. Yes, he's a criminal, a felon, but he ain't Garry Glitter. And he's not PM, though obviously he influences the government in every way, so is as good as.

Don't forget that he is not the PM only because the coup stopped him. There would have been no prosecution if not for the coup.

And I know you're praying he disappears forever, but he's not going to vanish. So how does one deal with that likelihood (without getting so frustrated as to get an aneurysm ! ) ? He's healthy, still quite young. He could be still appearing on TV topic headlines in 20 years time.

Yes, but his position has been eroding steadily, he might not see the jail, but he won't be coming back to Thailand triumphuntly like he did in February either.

Even his fans will eventually realise that politically he is gone, they have to get used to the idea of life without him. Then things will be a lot easier for the country.

May I ask who you wish to be the PM?

Personally I don't see anyone fit for the position, but I'd accept the choice of Thai people if it's a qualified person who comes from free and fair elections, not some convict on his last appeal like Samak, and not from a party that is going to be dissolved for electoral fraud, again.

well, if the Royal Pardon is a no go... how about Amnesty?

Senate Speaker and Democrat Oppose Amnesty for Thaksin

The Senate Speaker and the opposition whip chief have insisted the campaign to seek amnesty for ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and banned executives of the dissolved Thai Rak Thai Party is impossible due to legal constraints.

Senate Speaker Prasopsuk Boondej said MPs are eligible to launch a campaign to seek the promulgation of the amnesty law through the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Prasopsuk pointed out that the amnesty law must be made extensively, not for just a particular person or a group of people.

Chairman of the opposition whip, Sathit Wongnongtoei, stated that he is not surprised by the attempt to seek amnesty for ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Sathit pointed out the campaign to collect people's signatures to support the announcement of amnesty law for Thaksin is impossible because of legal constraints. He says the move for amnesty by MPs of the People Power Party may go against the Code of Conduct of Parliament and the Constitution.

He insisted that an amnesty law cannot be issued for only a particular person or group of people, and its promulgation is not in line with the current situation and would make the ruling of the Constitution Court meaningless.

Meanwhile, Chairman of the government whip, Witthaya Buranasiri, said MPs of the People Power Party will not bring the signature campaign to solicit the endorsement of 10,000 voters to seek amnesty for Thaksin and some banned executives of the dissolved Thai Rak Thai Party to today's House deliberation.

However, Witthaya said the Constitution offers room for such a signature campaign and the government whip is ready to study its pros and cons when required.

- TOC / 2008-11-05

==========================

Hmmm... amnesty is a no go, too... darn.... what's next?

Have been trying to get an interview with him, but far from easy to pin down.

If you follow her lead, you need to go to London... cry a lot in front of him... but in the end, you'll end up with not just an interview, but an entire book deal...

Government sources said Thaksin arrived in Hong Kong yesterday, where he will record an eight-minute message for today's gathering of his supporters.

*London...Cambodia...Chiang Rai...and now, Hong Kong, sheesh... here's that book from one of Thaksin's girlfriend...

30043291-01-1.jpg

I suppose when someone says she is his GF, he's seen them sleep together. I need him to prove that.

I think no one has posted anything to show that this girl is Khun Thaksin's "GF".

Have been trying to get an interview with him, but far from easy to pin down.

If you follow her lead, you need to go to London... cry a lot in front of him... but in the end, you'll end up with not just an interview, but an entire book deal...

Government sources said Thaksin arrived in Hong Kong yesterday, where he will record an eight-minute message for today's gathering of his supporters.

*London...Cambodia...Chiang Rai...and now, Hong Kong, sheesh... here's that book from one of Thaksin's girlfriend...

30043291-01-1.jpg

I suppose when someone says she is his GF, he's seen them sleep together. I need him to prove that.

I think no one has posted anything to show that this girl is Khun Thaksin's "GF".

We're totally drawing a blank on finding him. No luck at all.

Koo...

Are you:

1) Thaksin's boyfriend?

2) Thaksin's son's boyfriend?

3) Thaksin himself??

4) On a fixed salary paid by Thaksin?

5) Getting paid on a per-posting basis?

6) Ordinary PPP member?

7) Higher-up PPP member, such as "vote-buying coordinator north"?

8) A complete ignorant, refusing the reality?

9) Blind?

Thanh

Thaksin plays a dangerous amnesty game

It certainly was no slip of the tongue. In fact you could be excused for assuming that the whole scene was well scripted.

Thaksin Shinawatra wanted to use his well-attended phone-in show to pave the way for his return to Thailand - not as a convict sentenced to jail on conflict of interest charges, but as a hero with royal blessings and a wild, welcoming ovation from rural people throughout the country.

The November 1 show of force by the "red rally" was nothing more than a marketing event organised by the ex-premier's apparatchiks here to underscore the "popular support" Thaksin still enjoys. More importantly, Thaksin wanted to use the occasion to publicly raise the issue of amnesty for himself.

That thinly veiled strategy, however, boomeranged almost instantly. Instead of calling for unity and the burying of the hatchet between his supporters and those vehemently against him, Thaksin fueled the flames by repeating his accusations that the judicial process has been biased against him.

"Although a two-year jail term has been forced upon me, I am still the former prime minister. I am no mob leader," he said in his live telecast.

Thaksin's message was clear: he refuses to accept the court's verdict.

But then, not realising the contradictory tone of his public outpourings, Thaksin went on to tell the estimated 50,000-strong audience at Rajamangla Stadium: "I can come home only through royal mercy and the people's power."

There was little doubt in most observers' minds that he is seeking a royal pardon, implying at the same time that he had the backing of the masses.

It wasn't too difficult to come to the conclusion that he was in fact putting pressure on the whole country to let him back in and forget about all the court proceedings against him.

Almost immediately, those in the know and against him responded with cynicism and counter-reactions.

How can Thaksin seek an amnesty or pardon when he refuses to accept that he has done anything wrong?

The court that ruled on the Ratchadapisek land case is awaiting Thaksin's decision on whether he will lodge an appeal against the two-year jail sentence. The 30-day deadline falls on November 20. Thaksin has yet to say whether he will pursue that course. But he jumped the gun by hinting at a move to seek amnesty.

Unless he accepts the verdict and returns home to start serving the sentence, there is no legal possibility of a shortening of the jail term - or a royal pardon, for that matter.

Can the Somchai government make a move for amnesty then? The premier says his government won't take the initiative.

"Besides," he intoned, "the person concerned will have to seek that action himself." One day after the prime minister made that statement, a group of his own party's MPs contradicted him. One of them told reporters: "Since Thaksin raised the possibility of an amnesty, we will discuss it to see whether we can urge the government to find a means to help him."

In other words, the government's MPs don't give a hoot what the prime minister says - and the premier doesn't know how to handle the ex-prime minister, who happens to be his brother-in-law.

Thaksin may or may not have meant it that way but his phone-in session forced the military establishment into a "sensitive mode" once again. The next day, all the top brass met and concluded that Thaksin had, by seeking "royal kindness", made His Majesty the King "uneasy".

In simple terms, the military leaders told the former premier that his implication borders on lese majeste and they oppose his attempt to involve the monarch in his personal political manipulations.

It can't be a very wise strategy for Thaksin to continue to alienate various powerful institutions in our society. His public statements against the judicial system have done great damage to the country's reputation abroad. His clashes with the intelligentsia over his conflict of interest activities and populist policies are well known. Now, Thaksin has raised concern among the top brass about his abrasive moves to achieve his goals, regardless of the damage he may cause along the way.

The growing problem is that for him, the end justifies the means, no matter how costly and catastrophic.

- The Nation / 2008-11-06

Koo...

Are you:

1) Thaksin's boyfriend?

3) Thaksin himself??

6) Ordinary PPP member?

9) Blind?

Thanh

Thanh,

Can you answer my question without going off topic?

Thank you.

"PPP Roi Et MP Sakda Kongpet, I-san Pattana faction member said he believed many members of his faction would support the amnesty law to help Thaksin because all northeastern MPs had promised to their constituents that if they win the election they would help Thaksin through amnesty.

"We can get several thousands of people to support the amnesty legislation within a few days because they want Thaksin to return and work for the country,'' he said..."

http://nationmultimedia.com/2008/11/06/pol...cs_30087747.php

Bid to seek amnesty for Thaksin 'likely to fail'

By The Nation

Published on November 6, 2008

A campaign by People Power Party MPs to pass a law granting amnesty to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was shot down even by party's members yesterday.

Democrat Party chief advisor Chuan Leekpai yesterday said he believed the PPP would not dare to propose the amnesty law.

He said some PPP MPs were just trying to please their boss or their financier but would realise that such a legislation was inappropriate after giving it deep thought.

"They would not dare to go against the feeling of the people in the whole country. Whatever they say now, when times come they do not do what they say,'' he said.

Chuan said seeking amnesty for Thaksin was absolutely not right. "If someone commit offence and do not have to accept the consequences, the problems will never end,'' he said.

He said it was not easy to lobby or interfere with the justice system compared to the time when Thaksin was still in power. "People who used to lobby judges are not happy because now they cannot do whatever they want to.''

Chuan dismissed the claim by Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat that PPP MPs might propose the amnesty in their personal capacity because as party leader, he must take responsibility for party MPs' action.

Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva warned against a deeper wedge in society if PPP MPs would launch the campaign to help Thaksin.

"Politics should not trespass on the judicial process because this will erode confidence and trigger confusion," he said.

Abhisit said all politicians were obligated to serve the public rather than trample with the law.

Chart Thai Party leader Banharn Silapa-archa refused to say if he would support the amnesty legislation to help Thaksin. "I have not seen the amnesty law in detail and I would like to see the reason behind the move,'' he said.

PPP Yasothon MP Peerapan Palusuk said he disagreed with the proposal by PPP Khon Kaen MP Panya Sripanya to pass the amnesty law for Thaksin, saying the move would bring more problems to the country.

He said the aim of issuing law to help particular person or group was not right. "If the MP adamantly pushes forward his proposal, Thaksin would face the negative result and the move would meet great opposition. If they want to, they should not specify any group or grant amnesty to the People's Alliance for Democracy too,'' he said.

Senate Speaker Prasopsuk Boondet said the idea of issuing law for one person was not possible. "Law is to be enforced for general public otherwise it is not law. There is no country in the world with such law,'' he said.

PPP Nakhon Ratchasima MP Boonjong Wongtrairat, a member of Newin group said his group disagreed with Panya but personally he believed Panya's proposal would only fuel the fire with oil.

PPP Roi Et MP Sakda Kongpet, I-san Pattana faction member said he believed many members of his faction would support the amnesty law to help Thaksin because all northeastern MPs had promised to their constituents that if they win the election they would help Thaksin through amnesty.

"We can get several thousands of people to support the amnesty legislation within a few days because they want Thaksin to return and work for the country,'' he said.

Opposition whip chairman Sathit Wongnongtoey said the move to pass amnesty law for Thaksin was unconstitutional and went against parliamentary ethics as it aims at helping certain person or group.

Somchai insisted the proposal was proposed on a personal basis, not by the party. "It is not the party's responsibility because it is proposed by individuals. But finally can the proposal be done or not, it is up to the law,'' he said.

Unquote

Unbelievable, the neck of these unethical scum !!!!!!!!

marshbags :o

BURNING ISSUE

'Rajprachasamasai', a powerful political discourse

By Supalak Ganjanakhundee

The Nation

Published on November 6, 2008

Royalist intellectuals have cried foul over an idea to apply the political discourse of 'Rajprachasamasai' in support of requests for a royal pardon by His Majesty the King for deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Rajprachasamasai means interdependence between the monarch and the people - a term invented in the early 1970s by intellectuals to justify royal intervention in politics. It allowed the direct or indirect selection of MPs by His Majesty the King, instead of by election.

The intellectuals, notably those who support the anti-Thaksin movement the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD), said Thaksin had abused the concept of having royal power free him from punishment when he said only royal kindness and people power could bring him home.

Perhaps Thaksin's supporters knew very well they did not need to use this term as a request for a royal pardon. But they raised it to dissolve the power of any political debate during a huge gathering of the pro-Thaksin camp on Saturday.

They wanted this powerful political term to mean anything but royal intervention in the current political crisis, as being proposed by PAD and some royalist intellectuals.

For Thaksin, Rajprachasamasai could be a royal pardon and a miracle vehicle to bring him home safe and sound.

Prior to politicisation of the term in the 1970s, such a word could refer to anything related to His Majesty the King's projects. It appeared as the name of a foundation under His Majesty's patronage in 1958. It was also the name of a school in 1964.

Former prime minister Krukrit Pramote developed the term to be a political discourse in 1971 when he discussed the role of the monarchy in politics with Thammasat University academics.

In December 1973, political-science professor Chai-anant Samudavanija modified the concept to boost the monarchy's political role, suggesting that as the King's adviser, the Privy Council could select senators.

Chai-anant, then a member of the constitution drafting committee, defined the term Rajprachasamasai as the joint-ruling between the monarchy and the people through the House of Representatives. He wrote in a Siam Rath newspaper article a few months after the October 1973 student uprising, that the new form of rule was necessary as people had no faith in other political institutions that were dominated by corrupt politicians.

"Rajprachasamasai is a moderate and new way for the Thai political system which fits the political circumstance and Thai society," he said in the article.

However, Chai-anant's idea was not fully accepted as His Majesty set up the National Convention, then known as a 'racecourse council' since it was convened at the Royal Turf Club, to select members of the National Legislative Assembly in 1973.

Education Council secretary Tongthong Chandransu, who is a legal expert, wrote in his MA Law thesis in 1985 that the National Convention was an exceptional case for royal prerogative, due to the special political circumstances following the uprising.

The special royal prerogative is raised whenever Thailand is in political crisis, as royalist intellectuals prefer an increased monarchy role in politics. The term Rajprachasamasai was highlighted again two years ago when the PAD called for royal intervention to topple elected PM Thaksin, who was ousted by military coup in September 2006.

Academics and political observers are still debating whether the coup could be regarded as a form of royal intervention.

Thaksin, however, fears the powerful discourse of Rajprachasamasai could bring another form of royal intervention to the current crisis, resulting in the end of his brother-in-law Somchai Wongsawat's government.

Consequently, Thaksin would not allow his opponents to use the discourse to justify the demand for royal intervention.

marshbags

Koo...

Are you:

1) Thaksin's boyfriend?

3) Thaksin himself??

6) Ordinary PPP member?

9) Blind?

Thanh

Thanh,

Thank you.

Koo,

since i asked first, can you answer MY question with an ANSWER instead of a question..?

Thank you.

Thanh

Koo...

Are you:

1) Thaksin's boyfriend?

3) Thaksin himself??

6) Ordinary PPP member?

9) Blind?

Thanh

Thanh,

Thank you.

Koo,

since i asked first, can you answer MY question with an ANSWER instead of a question..?

Thank you.

Thanh

OK Thanh.

1) Thaksin's boyfriend? No

2) Thaksin's son's boyfriend? No

3) Thaksin himself?? No

4) On a fixed salary paid by Thaksin? No

5) Getting paid on a per-posting basis? No

6) Ordinary PPP member? No

7) Higher-up PPP member, such as "vote-buying coordinator north"? No

8) A complete ignorant, refusing the reality? Sometimes it is hard to believe something in black and white, so without black and white, it is even impossible to believe some rumors about Khun Thaksin. I don't refuse reality but I need the truth told in an adult manner.

9) Blind? If I were blind, how could I type those posts? True that I type without looking at the keyboard, but I must know where to point the mouse pointer.

Thank you.

Veera accuses Thaksin of insulting King, judicial process

Secretary-general of the People's Network Against Corruption and PAD supporter Veera Somkwamkid Thursday led a group of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) supporters to file a case against ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra on alleged lese majeste charge.

The move came after Mr Thaksin made a phone-in to political talk show to speak to his supporters on Saturday.

More from the Bangkok Post here.

Veera accuses Thaksin of insulting King, judicial process

Secretary-general of the People's Network Against Corruption and PAD supporter Veera Somkwamkid Thursday led a group of People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) supporters to file a case against ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra on alleged lese majeste charge.

The move came after Mr Thaksin made a phone-in to political talk show to speak to his supporters on Saturday.

More from the Bangkok Post here.

Would this be the same PAD that has little popular support and puts out vile statments that any other organisation is anti monarchy?

Whouldn't the other side be considering filing charges against PAD on the grounds of false advertising. ie using Democray in their name whilst they are actually seeking to destroy it.

Its time some of you falangs stopped supporting this mob. They really don't like foreigners, long stay expats, foreigners owning houses/businesses etc. Some of them really were chaning Falang go home at a rally.

Don't let your blind hatred of the frying pan Thaksin drive you into the fire of the PAD!

Edited by grandpops

:o grandpops ........

those faRang that live here mostly know better than to buy into what you are trying to sell.

I am sorry that you cannot see clearly enough to know that Thaksin was the one that destrovyed a fledgling democracy in Thailand and that his continued presence in the political landscape must be dealt with..

I am also sorry that you don't understand enough Thai to get what is being said at rallies :D

those faRang that live here mostly know better than to buy into what you are trying to sell.

I am sorry that you cannot see clearly enough to know that Thaksin was the one that destrovyed a fledgling democracy in Thailand and that his continued presence in the political landscape must be dealt with..

I am also sorry that you don't understand enough Thai to get what is being said at rallies :D

They were chanting in English!

Tis pitty you never learned to read thai! If you did you would know that there is no R in the thai alphabet. Its ร เรือ you are confusing with R. is a rolling sound with the tongue and as the front teeth never touch and scrape the bottom lip it is not an R!

Or are you one of those long time expats that never found the need to learn Thai properly! By that, I mean to read and write it as well. If you leanrt one word of Thai each time you post, you would be practically fluent by now!

Spend more time learning Thai and less time supporting Sondhi and you might learn something! See you on the language forum.

Edited by grandpops

They were chanting in English!

Tis pitty you never learned to read thai! If you did you would know that there is no R in the thai alphabet. Its ร เรือ you are confusing with R. is a rolling sound with the tongue and as the front teeth never touch and scrape the bottom lip it is not an R!

Or are you one of those long time expats that never found the need to learn Thai properly! By that, I mean to read and write it as well. If you leanrt one word of Thai each time you post, you would be practically fluent by now!

Spend more time learning Thai and less time supporting Sondhi and you might learn something! See you on the language forum.

LOL

I speak read and write Thai ...... and r is the letter used in farang :D not l-ling or l-chula

in fact I learned Thai at Chula :D

and I welcome the tape of the crowd chanting what you claim :D